Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

The president’s pardon of Maj. Matt Golsteyn may not ultimately reinstate his Special Forces tab and Silver Star, both of which were stripped from him in 2015 by a U.S. Army Special Operations Command administrative board.

Several Green Berets who spoke with Army Times said that they doubt the tab will be restored, though Golsteyn’s case has the president’s ear, which is rare.
View Quote
https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2019/11/19/army-looking-into-whether-golsteyn-will-get-his-special-forces-tab-and-silver-star-back-despite-trumps-pardon/
View Quote
I would demote them and have them posted to Antarctica
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:18:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Like I've said before, lines are being drawn, especially with the military now.

10 years prior the military was largely apolitical and didn't pick sides. Now they're picking sides.

If that isn't a warning of whats down the road...
View Quote
It's even worse than that, the congressman who was originally taking up for this guy was investigated and charged for campaign finance fraud BS. Trump needs to have a change of command for these protected shit bags. Get their asses out now, officers who want to be in administrative positions are a fucking dime a dozen.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:18:35 PM EDT
[#3]
They have no authority in this matter to withhold the uniform bling. The Top of the Food Chain has spoken.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did Trump order the tab/award restored? That's the only question that matters.
View Quote
The women who cheated at Ranger school were allowed to keep theirs...
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:30:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This.

A reminder that they serve at the pleasure of the President might sway things a little.

FULL pardon means FULL pardon.
View Quote
This is showing who all the Obama cock holster hold overs are. Article 15/32 their ass.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:30:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Out of all the negative trends in government, this bothers me the most.  Provided POTUS issues a lawful order, the generals on down better snap to and execute forthwith. Offer your resignation if your conscience doesnt allow you to carry out the lawful order.  Anything short of that is the start of insurrection.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He is accused of the extra judicial killing of a bomb maker that had killed two Marines. I find it troubling that this is the hill the higher ranking guys are choosing to die on.
View Quote
They are Obama holdovers and true believers.

Typical un-elected bureaucrats who think they know better than the President.

String them up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:34:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This Nelson guy is something else

ETA: what's with the hand signs in his av?
View Quote
I am pretty sure Mike Nelson is another liberal turd fucker playing stolen valor for $100 Alex. (A phony .mil vet)
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Tell them to restore the awards or start court martialing and discharging (without pension) until someone does as ordered.

Trump needs to start going scorched earth on those who do not follow his lawful orders. This shit is getting out of control.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Tell them to restore the awards or start court martialing and discharging (without pension) until someone does as ordered.

Trump needs to start going scorched earth on those who do not follow his lawful orders. This shit is getting out of control.
Fucking this.  WTF.  Scorched earth on these deep state pricks.

Quoted:

10 years prior the military was largely apolitical and didn't pick sides. Now they're picking sides.

Indeed.  The swamp grows.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:44:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Much damage was done to the military hierarchy during Obama's reign.

TC
View Quote
Perhaps it's time to debride the rot.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:51:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 10:52:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.  Obama and democrats weaponized the courts, the military, the IRS, FBI, CIA, NSA, EPA, and other various gov't agencies for the purpose of punishing all who do not support the global commie agenda.  Drain the swamp means more now than ever.

Trump 2020.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:22:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My understanding is a Taliban IED maker made the bomb that killed two marines working with him. He cut a deal with a local to give the dude up, but if he lived the local would face retaliation. He somehow arranged to be where he could tag the ied maker as he was waking somewhere.

When this was found out about, he was stripped of a SS and SF tab.

Guess what?

Shit goes down where there are no cameras and ISR all the time.  For example, Two savages from an IED maker’s home may go squirt and go running towards two black side Rangers in the dark. They shoot them. Nobody hangs them out to dry if it turns out the savages did not have their weapons on them.  Or a house is breached and a body running down the stairs.  It gets lit up.  The guy that lit them up assumed they had a suicide belt.  They didn’t.  You don’t fry the guy for it.

A lot of white mixed with black and gray.

There have been a shit load of kill/capture missions green lit on less intel.

Perhaps I don’t know enough of the correct details. Perhaps he did something way over the line and was appropriately revoked of his tab and SS.

But even if that was the case, he was just issued a full and unconditional pardon. Whatever act he did, has just been wiped clean.  In my opinion,  Whatever was done to him because of that act must be undone.

If the circumstances are truly he cut a deal with an indig to give up a Taliban IED maker in exchange for taking him out,
And then hid out waiting for the bomb maker to strut by and whacked him,
And the powers that be fried him for it,
Those are powers that be that will not win a war anywhere.
View Quote
I agree with what you are saying, that they are the ones that won't win a war anymore. But, you are missing the point of which war.
They are at war with the U.S.A
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:01:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tell the U.S. Army Special Operations Command administrative board to do it or send them ALL to a remote base in Africa.
View Quote
Weather station above the Arctic Circle.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am pretty sure Mike Nelson is another liberal turd fucker playing stolen valor for $100 Alex. (A phony .mil vet)
View Quote
I don't recall EVER hearing SF referred to as "regiment".  Regiment is Rangers.

SF is group or team.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:15:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Leavenworth.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tell the U.S. Army Special Operations Command administrative board to do it or send them ALL to a remote base in Africa.
Leavenworth.
I heard Thule is nice this time of the year..
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:20:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
This

I know he knows the term "you're fired"

Time to use it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:24:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe this should get through to Trump that the ONLY people he can count on are those that

voted for him.  Not the Executive.  Not Congress.  Apparently not the military.

Us.

He needs to understand that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:26:13 AM EDT
[#20]
We're gonna atleast need another four years of MAGA to clear out the 0bama out of the armed forces
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:27:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bingo.  In fact just skip the CMs and go straight to dismissed from the service.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:28:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Find the brass that is resisting and relieve them of duty.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:29:01 AM EDT
[#23]
No.

No junior officer or enlisted should ever have to serve for a cocksucker like him. Even in the Arctic.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't get it. Don't we want our spec ops killing bad guys? Why the fuck are they being punished? I am glad Trump pardoned him. We just need to let the dogs loose and win the war and get it done.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:46:00 AM EDT
[#25]
How does a military Officer disobey a lawful order from the President?

Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:47:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Am I missing something?
View Quote
Officer oath is to the Constitution. Nothing about obeying the president and for the exact reason you probably think.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:48:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
He is accused of the extra judicial killing of a bomb maker that had killed two Marines. I find it troubling that this is the hill the higher ranking guys are choosing to die on.
View Quote
I’m not.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:51:15 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Am I missing something?
View Quote
I’m sure his pardon wasn’t sufficiently detailed to make sure the convicted SM were made whole. I guess a supplemental presidential directive would be. I’d make damn sure it also included relief for cause for the cocksuckers that made it necessary.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:52:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I’m sure his pardon wasn’t sufficiently detailed to make sure the convicted SM were made whole. I guess a supplemental presidential directive would be. I’d make damn sure it also included relief for cause for the cocksuckers that made it necessary.
View Quote
It wouldn’t be worth the political capital but I wish Trump would force retire 75% of all flag officers.....today.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:55:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 12:56:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wrong

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed .."
View Quote
Thanks for the enlisted oath. Care to post the officer oath?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:01:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:05:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I see they are different. I am pretty sure that does not absolve officers of having to follow the orders of the CINC.
View Quote
Absolves? Maybe yes maybe no. Give direction? Clearly. It was supposed to be a check on tyranny, especially from the executive. Of course the saying “swing at the king, best not miss” comes to mind. Or whatever that saying is.

Don’t have time tonight but if you read up on the differences it’s very interesting. Officers are supposed to support the constitution above all else, including and especially orders from tyrants. It’s full of gray.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:07:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Absolves? Maybe yes maybe no. Give direction? Clearly. It was supposed to be a check on tyranny, especially from the executive. Of course the saying “swing at the king, best not miss” comes to mind. Or whatever that saying is.

Don’t have time tonight but if you read up on the differences it’s very interesting. Officers are supposed to support the constitution above all else, including and especially orders from tyrants. It’s full of gray.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see they are different. I am pretty sure that does not absolve officers of having to follow the orders of the CINC.

Officers still have to follow lawful orders. Surprise surprise, being able to issue pardons is an enumerated power of the President.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:09:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Officers still have to follow lawful orders. Surprise surprise, being able to issue pardons is an enumerated power of the President.
View Quote
Again, not if it violates the constitution. Period. Otherwise we are “just following orders”.

If an order comes down to kick doors and confiscate all guns from citizens then that is in my view unconstitutional, even if legal and passed by Congress. It’s literally the whole point of the oath.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:14:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:16:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If the Presidential power is accepted as constitutional, then the Officer must follow his orders. Presidents have fired Generals for not doing what they were told hundreds of times. I understand what you are saying. I am asking if you believe the President doesn't have the authority to restore these men and their decorations after a full pardon.
View Quote
It’s doesnt protect you from the consequences.....

I was trying to answer in general to the question, not to this case.

I feel I’ve derailed the thread so I’ll stop.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:17:35 AM EDT
[#38]
President can do whatever. He doesn’t award SF Tabs. The Regiment upholds and enforces it’s own standards.
That dude lost his Tab way before the President was around.

Probably because he narc-ed himself out about something he should have taken to the grave, and then when that wasn’t enough, went running his suck Fox News about it.
Not the kind of behavior Special Forces looks highly upon.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:20:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Officer oath is to the Constitution. Nothing about obeying the president and for the exact reason you probably think.
View Quote
You are correct, thanks for the azimuth check.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:23:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If the Presidential power is accepted as constitutional, then the Officer must follow his orders. Presidents have fired Generals for not doing what they were told hundreds of times. I understand what you are saying. I am asking if you believe the President doesn't have the authority to restore these men and their decorations after a full pardon.
View Quote
Missed the question part.

I do believe he does have that authority. Swamp will fight it and these poor dudes are caught in the middle.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:24:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:27:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's even worse than that, the congressman who was originally taking up for this guy was investigated and charged for campaign finance fraud BS. Trump needs to have a change of command for these protected shit bags. Get their asses out now, officers who want to be in administrative positions are a fucking dime a dozen.
View Quote
Start at the top general involved. If no action then demote and discharge. Repeat until orders are obeyed or the pardoned soldier is the last Army of One standing and he is the new SF general.

Generals seem like such prima donas. Your are not top dog, you are a link in the chain of command. Obey or get out. Spout off about Trumps illegal actions and they turn around and can’t follow a simple order from their commander. NEXT!
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:29:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Out of all the negative trends in government, this bothers me the most.  Provided POTUS issues a lawful order, the generals on down better snap to and execute forthwith. Offer your resignation if your conscience doesnt allow you to carry out the lawful order.  Anything short of that is the start of insurrection.
View Quote
A lot of conservative colonels and generals choked on Obama’s orders but quietly did as ordered. These Obama generals are cucks.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:30:21 AM EDT
[#44]
I thought they could keep him off an ODA, or even SF Bn, but not take the Long Tab away?  That's a qualification insignia, you don't lose your jump badge if you are only a 5 jump chump, or go off jump status.

I've seen politics force good Soldiers out of units, but this is more Fundamental Transformation courtesy of the Kenyan scammer.  Good combat leaders replaced by Comrades of Proven Worth.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:30:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
President can do whatever. He doesn't award SF Tabs. The Regiment upholds and enforces it's own standards.
That dude lost his Tab way before the President was around.

Probably because he narc-ed himself out about something he should have taken to the grave, and then when that wasn't enough, went running his suck Fox News about it.
Not the kind of behavior Special Forces looks highly upon.
View Quote
The more I think about this you are spot on.

USASOC should be able to set their own policy and rules on who can wear the SF Tab.

We just get into the "President is right no matter what" because it's our guy as President.

Dangerous precedent to set when the next President might be a liberal.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:31:15 AM EDT
[#46]
If Clinton can pardon terrorists so they can become lawyers, college professors and the like, give this man all of his stuff back.

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/01/22/nyregion/officials-criticize-clinton-s-pardon-of-an-ex-terrorist.html
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:34:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I thought they could keep him off an ODA, or even SF Bn, but not take the Long Tab away?  That's a qualification insignia, you don't lose your jump badge if you are only a 5 jump chump, or go off jump status.

I've seen politics force good Soldiers out of units, but this is more Fundamental Transformation courtesy of the Kenyan scammer.  Good combat leaders replaced by Comrades of Proven Worth.
View Quote
Like the Ranger tab the SF tab can be revoked for conduct unbecoming of the Organization.

Doesnt happen very often and the circumstances are pretty bad when it does happen.

Not sure how NAVSOF works but I see Chief Gallagher losing his Trident.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:37:07 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
“... will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Pretty sure DUTIES OF THE OFFICE falls under obeying lawful orders from superiors in chain of command. Or is obeying commanders optional these days?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:38:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Don’t have time tonight but if you read up on the differences it’s very interesting. Officers are supposed to support the constitution above all else, including and especially orders from tyrants Bad Orange Man. It’s full of gray.
View Quote
FIFY

Which is how Vindman will likely skate an Art 88 or undermining the Chain of Command. The left is already turning him into a hero above reproach and question in his brave patriotism and courage in standing up to a horrible dictator.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 1:39:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would be fine if their careers did die on this hill if they choose it to be their reason to oppose reinstatement of his tabs.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top