Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2018 3:40:54 PM EDT
As we all know, it's almost the end of the fiscal year, and the joys of things that happen/ don't happen due to that.

I'm somewhat new to the reserves, non-NCO, only been doing this for a year after a 5 year break in service, so without trying to be a barracks lawyer I figured I'd ask here.

The Best Warrior competition is coming up this weekend for my BN, and it's supposed to be 3 days.  I volunteered to be cadre for some of the events, but was informed my last drill that I was no longer needed due to the fact they couldn't pay me.  It was either show up to drill the weekend I did, and no go to the competition, or do both and just not get paid for the competition.  I'll keep my weekend.

Now the question.

A Soldier in my platoon volunteered to compete.  He's still wet behind the ears and has been with our unit for roughly 6 months at this point.  He just received communications from our Platoon SGT stating that he will only be paid for 2 of the 3 days, and receiving points for the final day of the competition.

Does this sound correct?

I've simply told him to see if he can speak with the platoon sergeant on the phone to get an explanation as to why, or to possible use the command open door policy if the platoon sergeant doesn't know.  Is there a particular AR that outlines this?  I'm parsing through AR-140-185 now but didn't know if there was another regulation that would spell this out.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably going to be over on UTA count for the year..could let him not show up.one day next month an.pay him anyways..cut a one day order to cover that say or pay them with a special duty code or RMP, code 71 or 91...if the reserves use MILPAY database like the guard does.

The main thing is to ensure they are on some kind of order or pay status in case they are injured and an LOD is initiated..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top