Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2020 6:35:51 PM EDT
Picked up a set at Ft Hood clothing sales and I am never going back to ACUs ever again!  The Army finally got it right, this is the most comfortable uniform I have worn to date (entered service in 99').  Will they last as long as ACUs?  Probably not, the material is very thin.  No more zippers, velcro closures, chest pockets, has raglan sleeves (torso is like a fitted button up shirt), articulated knees in the pants, and wind zips right through it all.  These will be great for those hot summer days on Ft Lewis when the temps start hitting the 80s!  
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw my RCO wearing these.  I thought they were for wear with body armor only...maybe I should ask the CSM.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw my RCO wearing these.  I thought they were for wear with body armor only...maybe I should ask the CSM.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

AR 670-1, chapter 3-7, paragraph d: Soldiers may wear optional uniform items as prescribed in this regulation and DA Pam 670–1. All uniform combinations are authorized for year-round wear. However, Soldiers should use appropriate discretion based upon weather conditions and duties. Wearing combinations of uniform items not prescribed in this regulation, DA Pam 670–1, or other authorization documents approved by HQDA is prohibited. Commanders will not prescribe seasonal wear dates for uniform items, but may prescribe uniform(s) based on safety reasons (for example, for extreme cold or hot weather based on temperature).

The IHWCU is an authorized version of the ACU. There is nothing in writing stating that it’s seasonal, situational, or cannot be worn in place of the regular cut ACU. In the eyes of the reg, it's the same.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Needs slant chest pockets accessible from sides like the Patagonias.  No chest pockets gives me a maternity uniform vibe.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw them at Bliss fall 2019, they were out of M/R tops so I just got pants figuring I could get the top when I got back. Came back summer 2020 and they're completely sold out.

Checked JBLM a month ago, lady at Lewis C&S told me said they're not getting any until next summer.
I thought about just getting a Propper or Truspec jungle top but I have a feeling they'll fade differently in the wash.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Checked JBLM a month ago, lady at Lewis C&S told me said they're not getting any until next summer.
I thought about just getting a Propper or Truspec jungle top but I have a feeling they'll fade differently in the wash.
View Quote

Some things haven't changed.
Like colors fading.

The shirts I've worn were ALWAYS matched with the same set of pants.  
A little permanent coding on the tags on the back and I never worried again about wearing two-toned uniforms.
The uniforms(s) I bought in January would always be a shade lighter than the uniform(s) bought in April or May.
Okay, if something damaged the shirt/pants I would have to buy a new set.
But that's what Clothing Allowance was all about.

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#6]
They are the cats tits
I've worn a single pair almost daily for a year and they're super duper soft right now. I feel like they're gonna rip soon, but they've been holding up really well. I think I have at least another year in them. I just got more so I can cycle them out. I've been wearing them in 40 degree weather. I just like how they fit a lot better. I don't recall how I was even able to wear ACUs everytime I think about putting them on, I touch the arm of my ACU blouse and it's so thick and stiff...

The shoulder pockets are annoying at some times, but eh. My main gripe is the top button, some people wear them and it looks like shit cause one side of the collar is all fucked up. But eh they comfy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 8:57:13 PM EDT
[#7]
They are definitely nice. I wish we could have gone back to rank(s) and branch for officers on the collar, but I am so very glad the damn zipper is gone off of the front of the top. Over the last 15 years of the ACU I have busted at least 6 of them, rendering the top nearly worthless. Buttons are SO much better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top