Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2018 10:59:42 PM EDT
So I'm watching some show right before bed about the final days of WWII in Germany.

There was video of a German convoy driving past the camera and mixed in with the usual tanks,
half tracks and wheeled vehicles was some type of fully tracked APC. At least it looked like an APC.

I think the video was shot on the Eastern Front.

I rewound it twice and saw it both times. Looked like a PzIII hull or something about that size,
with low walls, no main gun, but troops riding in it.

The track system looked more like the tracks on the Skdfz 250/251 type half tracks.
The bow looked more like the front of a PzIII however.

Can't find any pics or info online describing what I saw.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:52:06 PM EDT
[#3]
You probably saw a Bergepanzer

Turretless Pz III and IV were also used for ammunition transporters
Link Posted: 1/3/2018 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Hard to stump the gun geeks around here. I drew a complete blank.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:03:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kätzchen?
View Quote
Yes that might have been it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:22:52 AM EDT
[#6]
None ever saw use,to anything I have ever read.If there is footage of a completed one in operational use,that would be something.

Your description of Sdkfz style running gear made me think of the Borgward IV,but it was quite small and could only carry troops on rather than in but its size would be apparent and they were rare vehicles.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 1:36:46 AM EDT
[#7]
This is not the same video I saw but it must have been the Borgward IV.

Seemed larger in the video.

Here is a similar video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFZqXlZkAxA

Thanks guys !!
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Borgward still exists as a brand,in China;now you've learned 2 completely useless things

Really though,you have to be a pretty serious Panzernerd to know what a Borgward IV is.
Link Posted: 1/4/2018 6:11:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Well the tracked model would be more fun but without the Nazis of course.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top