Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/1/2020 2:43:55 AM EDT
EDIT: More photo's and updates are on Page 2. Riots continued tonight, and shots were again fired. This time they can't blame the militia because they were not present. Additionally the people live streaming were told to "quit filming right now" and they all went offline almost simultaneously. When they returned the main streamer announced he was going home, because there had just been 8 shots fired across the park. I'll link to that in Page 2 as well, but the links may die as some people are deleting their profiles. There is curfew in effect today (Tuesday) but there is apparently another protest planned at a "undisclosed location" according to the streamer.

Police were shot at during the first nights riot and one car had 5 rounds in it. The police said the protesters were the ones who fired. Additionally the protesters have been making false claims that a militia or armed civilian on the roof fired first into the crowd which then caused it to turn violent. From what I have heard that is 100% false and NO ARRESTS OF ANY ARMED CIVILIANS OR MILITIA occurred. Its reported that someone threw fireworks/firecrackers into the crowd causing panic, which was likely the intention.

Photo's of the destruction, additional arrests and info for streams will be updated in another post.

So a bit of the back story is included below

Armed civilians were out and defended this restaurant from being looted and burned down, and the protesters were forced back. The rioters claim they were shot at, but no proof of that exists that I have seen. They also claim that it was "only AFTER" the shots that they started smashing and destroying the building. They then targeted a car repair shop that deals with vintage cars, and destroyed that and damaged the cars apparently. I'll update with more pics as I find them

After the police FINALLY moved in and cleared the riot, the civilians started cleaning up the streets and building.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

These are the people who have already been arrested. More incoming from Monday's "protest" which again had shots fired.

Attachment Attached File

This was taken by me, today at around 6:45 pm. We went by on our way back from work and I had hoped to get closer but the entire area was closed and locked down. This was the best I could get, and the other photos I got were blurry.
Bedford Tactical teams, State police Tactical teams and I think possibly some other county's were on hand to help out.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:45:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Instagram inside the building

The tweet that set this all off.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:49:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Situations like this is where a nice shiny bayonet on the end of your rifle would deter shitheads that think they won't get shot.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 6:30:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Inside the building while its under siege.

5:43: “I think we have shots fired. One shot fired. We have people running currently.”
   6:40: “We’ve got shots fired again at 5th and federal”
   16:09: “Unless you’re engaged with something I need you to fall back to fourth and federal”
   17:46: “If you can’t fall back to a safe position then use it to defend yourself but otherwise see if you guys can continue to fall back”
   18:00: “I don’t want you guys engaging the crowd until we have enough resources on the scene”
   23:32: “Vehicle 61 is being vandalized and there is a rifle in it”
   24:26: “I need you guys code 3 to respond to unit 61 at 5th and Jackson we have multiple shots fired and a police vehicle being vandalized it has a rifle in it”
   25:34: “We’ve got vehicle 69 the windows broke out”

According to several reports on social media, scanner audio and our crews on the ground, officers responded to reports of shots fired at Fifth and Federal. Authorities say a police car also has several bullet holes in it.

Left side is the restaurant and the right side is the historic car sales showroom that had nothing to do with the "protest".
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

News link
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:46:07 AM EDT
[#5]
So, the rioters claim they only started doing riot stuff after the defenders shot at them for not doing riot stuff?

Yeah, let's run up to that building with the bullets coming out of it and throw bricks at the bullet throwers...

Police reports of people running, now that's what I think started happening 1/10th second after the first shot fired.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:00:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, the rioters claim they only started doing riot stuff after the defenders shot at them for not doing riot stuff?

Yeah, let's run up to that building with the bullets coming out of it and throw bricks at the bullet throwers...

Police reports of people running, now that's what I think started happening 1/10th second after the first shot fired.
View Quote

That's what they are trying to claim. But the reality is the only thing found shot was a police car. And I can tell you for a fact that no one defending fired their weapons at anytime.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:04:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just shop for the right judge...
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Local to me. Should have shot the rioters on site, but then LPD would have jizzed themselves arresting anyone who defended themselves or their property.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:13:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn. Do you think there will be a round 2 tonight?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:14:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Doing the police job for the police while the police protect the rioters.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Situations like this is where a nice shiny bayonet on the end of your rifle would deter shitheads that think they won't get shot.
View Quote

Good thing this is VA.  CA doesn't allow bayonet lugs on some types of rifles.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don’t worry, when they are ordered to take citizens guns they will gleefully comply.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Disgusting.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#14]
That’s familiar!

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

California doesn't prohibit bayonet lugs at all.  My featureless build:

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:36:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BS, there is no bayonet lug ban in CA.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 1:40:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Those people defending the store will be labeled “white supremacist racist trouble makers” by the MSM if it’s reported on.

I fucking guarantee it!

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Those people defending the store will be labeled “white supremacist racist trouble makers” by the MSM if it’s reported on.

I fucking guarantee it!

View Quote

Of course, all the little fuckers are mad cause they couldn't loot it and burn it all down.

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49786484421_0932f0daf2_c.jpg
View Quote

That pistol grip makes 8lb 6oz baby Jesus cry....
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Better angle for using the bayonet, though, ironically.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:13:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Better angle for using the bayonet, though, ironically.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:13:26 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Local to me. Should have shot the rioters on site, but then LPD would have jizzed themselves arresting anyone who defended themselves or their property.

View Quote

Lynchburg?

I would’ve expected a pretty conservative police force with the LU dollars around...
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:17:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Are the guys in kit antifags or folks defending the restaurant? if those are the goodguys wearing a red-bandana like that could make one a pretty enticing target
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#25]
There's a riot going on and some fucking Karen is complaining about the customers not social distancing
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Are the guys in kit antifags or folks defending the restaurant? if those are the goodguys wearing a red-bandana like that could make one a pretty enticing target
View Quote

Militia. Ex mil and retired police mixed with a bunch of civilians.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Great story. Is it possible to get better photos posted?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:31:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Texas law says defense of property, even criminal mischief can justify deadly force...not to mention being hit in the head by a 2lb rock...everyone is being expected to just accept whatever destruction comes their way or be labeled racist, extremist, police brutality etc
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I know some of those guys.  Small world.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:38:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lynchburg?

I would've expected a pretty conservative police force with the LU dollars around...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lynchburg?

I would've expected a pretty conservative police force with the LU dollars around...

City council generally dislikes LU other than the tax dollars. Run by Liberals.
Most of the conservatives have moved out to the Forest area of bedford county.
Lynchburg is not as liberal as Richmond or Cville, but it is only a matter of time.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:43:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Protecting looters by arresting lawful citizen trying to protecting themselves make the police completely illegitimate.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Magpul has really gone crazy with grip angles
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Great story. Is it possible to get better photos posted?
View Quote

Ya I'll have more when I get home. I'm also gonna drive by myself after work for a in depth look
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:03:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Nice to see good people stepping up.  Also nice that the police didn't try to arrest all the good people.  A nice contrast to the truck driver thread. If police are going to remain having legitimacy then they need to be standing with good people and cracking the heads of rioters.  Not standing around defending rioters and arresting whoever dares not be a victim.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

So that tweet caused rioters to try and attack this place?
View Quote

That's what they claim.

It was in reality a matter of opportunity. The place is close enough to the hood to walk to and run back too after it gets spicy
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That's what they claim.

It was in reality a matter of opportunity. The place is close enough to the hood to walk to and run back too after it gets spicy
View Quote

Gotcha, glad they had the people in place to stop it

As an aside, I think it is retarded when people do stuff like that: print a mask with a guy in blackface and in a klan robe, call the governor "coonman", protesting whitmer by having a big swastika poster. Most normal people look at that and think whoever is associated with that is a probably a hardcore racist. They don't see it and think "oh they're pointing out a double standard and how the dems are the real racists!!"
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's what they claim.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So that tweet caused rioters to try and attack this place?

That's what they claim.

This. 5th street has always been a shithole joke, however, the city has somewhat cleaned up downtown over the years. Got the shitty part of Rivermont right next door.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

City council generally dislikes LU other than the tax dollars. Run by Liberals.
Most of the conservatives have moved out to the Forest area of bedford county.
Lynchburg is not as liberal as Richmond or Cville, but it is only a matter of time.
View Quote

^fucking truth.  I have met several Communists in Lynchburg.  As time goes on there will just be more and more of them.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Did the police make the militia disperse?
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#42]
I just watched the video and pretty much all the comments were promoting the violence on the "racists" inside.

SERIOUS QUESTIONS:

1)  Why have glasses and glass bottles everywhere?  There were multiple glass jars on all the tables muchless all the alcohol bottles directly behind them on the bar.  Police all that stuff up.
2)  why not use all those tables as barriers from the incoming rocks?
3) why brandish your weapons in front of the police and national guard?

4) could a non-lethal "weapon" be utilized in a situation like this where you have lethal weapon support?  I'm thinking slingshots with non-lethal clay ball ammo.  Quiet and don't look like a gun compared to a paintball gun.  I think the clay balls break up on impact.  I.e. nothing to throw back at you or "what clay balls"?  
5) Can Cannon? :)

ETA: multiple fire extinguishers would be a good addition to the arsenal

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/1/2020 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I’m pretty sure it was the Bedford militia doing this. At least that’s what I was told at work this morning.

When people were bitching about the 5th and federal mask deal on FB I made sure to point out that it was our racist pos governor who was in the picture and maybe they should be taking this out on him.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:05:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I just watched the video and pretty much all the comments were promoting the violence on the "racists" inside.

SERIOUS QUESTIONS:

1)  Why have glasses and glass bottles everywhere?  There were multiple glass jars on all the tables muchless all the alcohol bottles directly behind them on the bar.  Police all that stuff up.
2)  why not use all those tables as barriers from the incoming rocks?
3) why brandish your weapons in front of the police and national guard?

4) could a non-lethal "weapon" be utilized in a situation like this where you have lethal weapon support?  I'm thinking slingshots with non-lethal clay ball ammo.  Quiet and don't look like a gun compared to a paintball gun.  I think the clay balls break up on impact.  I.e. nothing to throw back at you or "what clay balls"?  
5) Can Cannon? :)

ETA: multiple fire extinguishers would be a good addition to the arsenal

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69574/Screenshot_20200601-142347_Chrome_jpg-1442555.JPG
View Quote

That's what they has done with the chairs. I don't know about the tables. The restaurant had been open when it kicked off.

We are an open carry state. There was no national guard and the police were not there for the majority of the time so that's why they were there. They were not brandishing anything and the police didn't arrest any of the militia.

Shooting anything at the rioters is just a bad idea. It only makes it worse and then you have a bunch of idiots screaming like they are now "the militia shot peaceful protestors"
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:08:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Good work, needs to happen alot more in these areas.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#46]
City council is meeting now to vote on an 8pm curfew from what I understand.  I briefly saw a bit of live feed and they're all sitting there with their masks on like good little communists.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#47]
I'm surprised some fucktard hasn't come along to call them cosplayers yet.

Or say "nobody is going to do anything except play dress up, hurr durr".

Good on those guys for doing the right thing.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:41:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
City council is meeting now to vote on an 8pm curfew from what I understand.  I briefly saw a bit of live feed and they're all sitting there with their masks on like good little communists.
View Quote

That'll really help.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would be looking it over too.
Especially if something didn't feel quite right. Movements didn't line up too good.
Hearing bees buzzing by.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:45:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That'll really help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That'll really help.

Lol. They "requested" a "voluntary curfew" for 8pm

Impotent dumbasses.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top