Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2020 8:14:58 PM EDT
For anyone interested in starting to play Arma, it has gone on sale on Steam for $9. Hand in hand with that, I am in an Arma group that is actively recruiting. We are a mil-sim group that plays in a relaxed environment; we want the tactics to be real, not the barracks BS. If you're a new player we'd still be happy to have you; our players are all experienced and willing to share.

The link below has a few videos of some of our operations as well as a link to an application. The application isn't so much to be a hassle, its just to get to know you a bit.

https://sites.google.com/view/raventactical/home
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 10:29:05 PM EDT
[#1]
What are the rules about loot claiming when you're sitting on the beach as a fresh spawn?
Can I claim an M14 and NVGs, and call for an Osprey ride at the same time?

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are the rules about loot claiming when you're sitting on the beach as a fresh spawn?

Kharn
View Quote
The way our group runs is as a team towards an AI controlled objective. Usually there is access to an arsenal before you spawn in that varies depending on who the mission maker is. Sometimes it is completely unabridged, allowing you to have your M14, NVGs, Javelin, Mortar Tripod, etc. As to whether or not you can call in an Osprey, depends on the assets available for the mission. More often than not our air support is a Wildcat or Blackhawk.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The way our group runs is as a team towards an AI controlled objective. Usually there is access to an arsenal before you spawn in that varies depending on who the mission maker is. Sometimes it is completely unabridged. As to whether or not you can call in an Osprey, depends on the assets available for the mission. More often than not our air support is a Wildcat or Blackhawk.
View Quote
I might be way off base but maybe that was a reference to the BS that got a thread locked recently and had a few people kicked tf out of my discord? Or maybe it was a serious question.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:27:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I might be way off base but maybe that was a reference to the BS that got a thread locked recently and had a few people kicked tf out of my discord? Or maybe it was a serious question.
View Quote
No idea. But on the off chance it's a serious question I'll give a serious answer.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:37:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you pretend to be a police officer in that game?   I heard you can do that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:39:00 PM EDT
[#6]
are you guys running a discord?
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:40:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, that was Atlis Life.
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 11:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I got dibs on that
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
are you guys running a discord?
View Quote
No, we use a steam group chat for out of game communication and then teamspeak for in game.

And you can be a cop. They've got cop cars, uniforms, flex cuffs, CS gas.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 1:37:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, but also no.
Base game, no.
Atlis life mod, yes. There are/were a ton of mods for ARMA 3.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 6:41:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes, but also no.
Base game, no.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, but also no.
Base game, no.
Fuck respecting someone's authority because they picked an artificial team to spawn into, permeating the construct that Altis society has two classes, law enforcement and plebes to be crushed under their boot every hour, every minute when their society can be free of such entanglements and enjoy true freedom. Rebels and bank robberies 4 lyfeeeeee.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 6:42:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got dibs on that
View Quote
There's enough for everyone, Steam isn't going to run out of copies.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 5:52:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The way our group runs is as a team towards an AI controlled objective. Usually there is access to an arsenal before you spawn in that varies depending on who the mission maker is. Sometimes it is completely unabridged, allowing you to have your M14, NVGs, Javelin, Mortar Tripod, etc. As to whether or not you can call in an Osprey, depends on the assets available for the mission. More often than not our air support is a Wildcat or Blackhawk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn
I am interested, but would be a complete plebe in the ARMA 3 world.  The thought of getting hands on time with a GM6 is highly attractive.

Some Steam reviewers speak of poor MP interface & DLC issues.  What say you?
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:45:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Nothing?
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 10:51:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I am interested, but would be a complete plebe in the ARMA 3 world.  The thought of getting hands on time with a GM6 is highly attractive.

View Quote
It can be janky, but once you get used to it, it gets the job done.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:20:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sorry @Master_Blaster I kind of got focused on non forum stuff and didn't see your post.

Don't worry about any level of inexperience, we are open to all levels. Heck, we've got some guys who are more or less in-game subject matter experts who are willing to provide training if you'd like.

I don't particularly find any issues with the DLCs or the MP interface. That may be that we don't require many of the DLCs other than Apex and we don't use public servers. The only time we get into issues is when there's a major mod update and/or we've got way too many AI assets spawned in at once.

We have a public vanilla server running the liberation game type, even if you don't decide to join the group you can get plenty of GM6 trigger time.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:32:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Was it your crew that hangs out on my TS server?  If so I have a discord up now you're welcome to use.  Shoot me a PM if you want the link.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:02:50 AM EDT
[#18]
We've been using our own TS server for years now.

i appreciate the offer however!
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#19]
This game looks like fun.  Just started downloading.  I will play a bit to get familiarized but having some people to play alongside of is always fun.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This game looks like fun.  Just started downloading.  I will play a bit to get familiarized but having some people to play alongside of is always fun.
View Quote
Feel free to hit the link in the original post if you'd like to check out some of the missions we've run or if you'd like to join us.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 5:25:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Feel free to hit the link in the original post if you'd like to check out some of the missions we've run or if you'd like to join us.
View Quote
Will do.  Having fun so far and slowly getting the basics. I will fill out the form when I am on my computer instead of the phone.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sorry @Master_Blaster I kind of got focused on non forum stuff and didn't see your post.

Don't worry about any level of inexperience, we are open to all levels. Heck, we've got some guys who are more or less in-game subject matter experts who are willing to provide training if you'd like.

I don't particularly find any issues with the DLCs or the MP interface. That may be that we don't require many of the DLCs other than Apex and we don't use public servers. The only time we get into issues is when there's a major mod update and/or we've got way too many AI assets spawned in at once.

We have a public vanilla server running the liberation game type, even if you don't decide to join the group you can get plenty of GM6 trigger time.
View Quote
Sounds good, but looks like the sale is over.  That's what I get for working 7 days a week.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:37:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Too little too late for me as well.  Back up to $29.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:39:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
The single player campaign will destroy your will to live if you suck as badly as I do.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Too addicting.

My current setup is the scar16 with the 150 rd drums with a can and a nice 1 to 10 scope.

Such love and perfection.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:04:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Even though the sale is over, my group is still taking applications if anyone is interested!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top