Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2021 9:24:02 AM EDT
Can some one suggest a forum where I can learn about dressing like a civilized and respectable adult?
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:02:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Oooh! Thank you! I checked that place out! Seems it is full of wise guys who think that they are funny :)
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:54:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Oooh! Thank you! I checked that place out! Seems it is full of wise guys who think that they are funny :)
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:25:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not involved in any forums, but a couple decent youtube channels to check out are:

Real Men Real Style

Gentleman's Gazette

Sartorial Talks

The latter 2 channels will have more info regarding suits and other formal wear, where RMRS also has info regarding suits/jackets but is geared more towards every day apparel.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:26:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Dappered.com is good
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Ask Andy is pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:02:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys.
Im gonna be 38 in a couple of months and the only dress style I know is OD green potato sack shape with lots of pockets and combat boots on the bottom, its embarrassing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:41:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.
Im gonna be 38 in a couple of months and the only dress style I know is OD green potato sack shape with lots of pockets and combat boots on the bottom, its embarrassing.
View Quote

I own a Menswear store. If you want, I can IM you my number and help you through the basics of picking a new style.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I own a Menswear store. If you want, I can IM you my number and help you through the basics of picking a new style.
View Quote

I appreciate your offer but it will be a while.
I am 5'7" balooned up to 300 pounds after a little bit of dieting and exercise I am down to 274 pounds.
I will reach out once I hit around 190 pounds. There are no good clothing options when your shape is round.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:22:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I am 5'7" balooned up to 300 pounds after a little bit of dieting and exercise I am down to 274 pounds.
I will reach out once I hit around 190 pounds. There are no good clothing options when your shape is round.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’ll  get there! Keep up the good work.

Your best bet  at the moment is dark jeans, and an open collar untucked shirt with vertical stripes. I’d hit goodwill for this, as you’re losing weight you don’t want to sink a lot of money into clothes you’ll only wear a month or so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top