User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/15/2021 10:13:55 PM EDT
Well that was quick.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretend like you’re explaining it to a six year-old.

Edited for spelling because I’m a moron.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Details for the not-so-informed part of the class?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#3]
that's fucking shitty

ARFCOM = the website you're on right now

DD = 3d printer go brrrrrrrrrt

keybase is an e2e encrypted chat/collab space (sort of like github)
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
that's fucking shitty

View Quote

Maybe like I'm a moron first.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:22:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Keybase is owned by Zoom.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:24:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Just saw that over there.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#8]
EDIT: I can't find the earlier thread discussing this, so I must be getting my wires crossed: I've heard that the Arfcom keybase was full of banned members and not for the faint of heart...so it may have been closer to the 8chan end of the spectrum.  This is still evil though, and kicking off Defense Distributed has no similar excuse.

Ultimately I think this is a good thing to get out of the way now.  It reminds us that we need secure, decentralized communications platforms which cannot be censored, and it gives us the actual motivation to build them.  The worst case scenario would have been if they waited until the "real" Kristallnacht to do it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m trying to figure how we were targeted. I’m eating dinner and haven’t had time to think it through fully, but I see three possibilities:

1) The name “Arfcom” is on “the list” of verboten words.
2) Groups created by members of the det_dist and similar groups are being closed en masse
3) The “reloading” channel name, as metadata, caused the group to be flagged.

There’s also the possibility that all communications were being monitored, but I don’t see how that would be technically possible. Even if we assume that it was, very little of what was said there had anything to do with firearms at all. I find that option to be the least likely.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:29:11 PM EDT
[#10]
does that delete the gif library or not?

that's all i really want in life anymore.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've heard that the Arfcom keybase was full of banned members and not for the faint of heart...so it may have been closer to the 8chan end of the spectrum.  This is still evil though, and kicking off Defense Distributed has no similar excuse.

Ultimately I think this is a good thing to get out of the way now.  It reminds us that we need secure, decentralized communications platforms which cannot be censored, and it gives us the actual motivation to build them.  The worst case scenario would have been if they waited until the "real" Kristallnacht to do it.
View Quote

I created it a long time ago, but only started inviting people to it less than a week ago. I’m not aware of any banned members there. I wouldn’t care if there were, but whatever.

I *am* curious how you’ve “heard about” a group that I administer and was the sole member of until a handful of days ago. You must have excellent intelligence sources.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:31:15 PM EDT
[#12]
This thread needs to be moved because it's talking about something political and that's verboten.

Maybe make a post about "wood plowing" child rapists or seeing communist tits it would get more traction and our communist overlords won't care.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:34:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I created it a long time ago, but only started inviting people to it less than a week ago. I’m not aware of any banned members there. I wouldn’t care if there were, but whatever.

I *am* curious how you’ve “heard about” a group that I administer and was the sole member of until a handful of days ago. You must have excellent intelligence sources.
View Quote

There was a thread here about it a few days ago linking to keybase.io and inviting people to join the community, and it got a nasty backlash from a few posters.  Was that your thread?  Could there maybe be more than one such community on keybase, and people got their wires crossed?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:34:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Statement from IvanTheTroll, one of the head guys in Deterrence Dispensed:
Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There was a thread here about it a few days ago linking to keybase.io and inviting people to join the community, and it got a nasty backlash from a few posters.  Was that your thread?  Could there maybe be more than one such community on keybase, and people got their wires crossed?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, that was my thread. I didn’t see any more backlash than usual, considering it was in GD.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:36:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Details for the not-so-informed part of the class?
View Quote

Deterrence Dispensed is a collaborative project where people design, build, and show off their homemade guns, then give the plans away for free so anyone can replicate them.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:36:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Fruit of the Zoom buyout?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:40:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’m trying to figure how we were targeted. I’m eating dinner and haven’t had time to think it through fully, but I see three possibilities:

2) Groups created by members of the det_dist and similar groups are being closed en masse

There’s also the possibility that all communications were being monitored, but I don’t see how that would be technically possible. Even if we assume that it was, very little of what was said there had anything to do with firearms at all. I find that option to be the least likely.
View Quote

Or some troll DU cunt ratted the group out to Keybase.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:42:21 PM EDT
[#20]
keybase arf still up for me

eta til 29th
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nope, that was my thread. I didn’t see any more backlash than usual, considering it was in GD.
View Quote

This is weird.  I see your thread in search, but it's not the one I remember, and I can't find the one I'm looking for.  I'll edit my earlier post.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#22]
They are trying to stop the signal ...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:44:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Keybase is owned by Zoom.
View Quote

I read somewhere Signal was acquired by Zoom several months ago.

Oddly, I cannot find anything even remotely to back that up. Not even the odd conspiracy websites.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
that's fucking shitty

View Quote

Got you. The ability to program a 3d printer brrrrt is gone.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:47:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
that's fucking shitty

All of the 3d printer groups are falling back to alternate comms.
It's just annoying as fuck because instead of 10 different groups all using Keybase for a single interface and file sharing, you're stuck checking 10 different websites/apps.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:48:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
keybase arf still up for me

eta til 29th
View Quote

Post up above says it'll be nuked on 01/29/2021.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Pretend like you’re explaining it to a six year-old.

Edited for spelling because I’m a moron.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:51:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I guess you can stop the signal, Mal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#30]
alternate coms in case arfcom goes down for good.  But, now that "site" is going down on the 29th.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

All of the 3d printer groups are falling back to alternate comms.
It's just annoying as fuck because instead of 10 different groups all using Keybase for a single interface and file sharing, you're stuck checking 10 different websites/apps.

Kharn
View Quote

Keep the signal going best you can.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:05:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Oh look, a giant in the tech world (Zoom) acquired a palatable alternative to big tech and now is adding oppressive new terms of use and policies that push right wingers out of their newly acquired space. Where have we seen this before?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:07:08 PM EDT
[#33]
How hard can it be to set up an IRC?   Sure, won't be secure comms but at least you can still provide access to torrents that way.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:12:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Keep the signal going best you can.
View Quote

Signal has been dead bro. Mainly from all the fudds and rinos who support owning guns. But....

You can't even put links to designs on this site. Or even say what the links name is.

Say where you got a file for a 3d printed detent. You're permabanned and can't talk here anymore. I've seen a 3d print forum thread get deleted because someone asked what thickness to print a glock at.

While this site is getting scrubbed from the internet,the mods are playing the fiddle still trying to appease the fascists that are taking it down.

Q user posting a 3d printable glock is not why they want this site gone. They want this site gone because we speak against them on a site with a name they hate. And evening purging the speech they still hate us for the name.

God help us all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I feel like everyone is speaking a foreign language
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:20:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Signal has been dead bro. Mainly from all the fudds and rinos who support owning guns. But....

You can't even put links to designs on this site. Or even say what the links name is.

Say where you got a file for a 3d printed detent. You're permabanned and can't talk here anymore. I've seen a 3d print forum thread get deleted because someone asked what thickness to print a glock at.

While this site is getting scrubbed from the internet,the mods are playing the fiddle still trying to appease the fascists that are taking it down.

Q user posting a 3d printable glock is not why they want this site gone. They want this site gone because we speak against them on a site with a name they hate. And evening purging the speech they still hate us for the name.

God help us all.
View Quote
Not quite... I pulled the fire alarm on this a few days ago.  While I didn't put direct links out there per CoC, there's plenty of info here to help you download gigs upon gigs with receivers, magazines, and other useful files.  Get to clickin'.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2411675_PSA-Big-Tech-Kristallnacht-Download-3D-printer-files-NOW-.html
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
How hard can it be to set up an IRC?   Sure, won't be secure comms but at least you can still provide access to torrents that way.
View Quote

It’s near the top of my list at the moment. I’d like to find a way to make it secure, though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:37:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I feel like everyone is speaking a foreign language
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:46:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It’s near the top of my list at the moment. I’d like to find a way to make it secure, though.
View Quote

https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/irc-server#1-overview

Its probably been a decade or more since I've fired up an IRC client.

But just for the purpose of disseminating information and hosting a directory of links to various torrents, IRC seems like a pretty low cost, easy to implement solution.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:56:40 PM EDT
[#41]
It's becoming pretty clear that the solution will eventually have to be home rolled. Relying on third parties isn't working out so well.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:58:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would suggest if that's something you would like to do, to maintain a set of files of items you'd like to print locally

you never know when the internet may drop and you want to print a whole bunch of 3DBenchy or test dogs....
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

But just for the purpose of disseminating information and hosting a directory of links to various torrents, IRC seems like a pretty low cost, easy to implement solution.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know.. Sometimes taking 10 steps back is the way forward.  

https://www.mirc.com/
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:59:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

I told you Keybase was compromised in your other thread, yet you dismissed and ridiculed.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:07:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I would suggest if that's something you would like to do, to maintain a set of files of items you'd like to print locally

you never know when the internet may drop and you want to print a whole bunch of 3DBenchy or test dogs....
View Quote

I've just poked around the site about it. As usual I'm behind the times. I have a bit to go before I catch up to the topic of this thread.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#47]
The next person that says “their business their rules” is getting pistol whipped
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:15:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I told you Keybase was compromised in your other thread, yet you dismissed and ridiculed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm trying to figure how we were targeted. I'm eating dinner and haven't had time to think it through fully, but I see three possibilities:

1) The name "Arfcom" is on "the list" of verboten words.
3) The "reloading" channel name, as metadata, caused the group to be flagged.

There's also the possibility that all communications were being monitored, but I don't see how that would be technically possible. Even if we assume that it was, very little of what was said there had anything to do with firearms at all. I find that option to be the least likely.

There were all kinds of warnings about Zoom last spring and summer when the virus hit, and millions of people suddenly started working from home/online. Somehow all that got ignored, and Zoom became the defacto video call service.

I would not trust anything to do with them, and have refused to use it at all despite a sudden influx of Zoom links for everything

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:16:19 AM EDT
[#49]
Saw this posted elsewhere.

No idea how secure it is.

https://matrix.org/docs/guides/introduction

I suspect something like this might work, if it works as advertised.   Though I think we're at the point that the Feds may/will try to track down the physical location of servers that support a particular room to kick down their door and shoot their dog if they don't like the information being shared.  IE gun stuff.

Can location information like that be kept secret?  I dunno.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:00:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wasnt there an irc server?

Just need to make it telnet only for the old folks...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top