BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2020 12:02:43 PM EDT
Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Not terribly

We get trial notices a month or so in advance where we are on call from 11a-1p that day. Normally the clerk will call us around 930a to let us know if it’s going that day or not.

Subpoenas seem to never go when they are supposed to so I walk in and am told the trial isn’t going and they plan on rescheduling later. Big waste of time about 90% of the time. It pissed me off when I was on nights working 12’s and had a subpoena in the middle of the day between work days that was rescheduled for later. Never get a phone call about it either.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 5:30:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Most of the time we show up, wait, then the defense waives the hearing and we go home without testifying. It’s called “playing witness chicken”. It’s just a game attorneys play to try to “win” a case by asking for a dismissal if witnesses don’t show. Just attorneys playing games and wasting taxpayer dollars.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#3]
We're pretty good about getting the notice of hearings.  They aren't good about telling us when things cancel.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 11:30:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ColtRifle:
Most of the time we show up, wait, then the defense waives the hearing and we go home without testifying. It’s called “playing witness chicken”. It’s just a game attorneys play to try to “win” a case by asking for a dismissal if witnesses don’t show. Just attorneys playing games and wasting taxpayer dollars.
View Quote

This. Finish working 10.5 hours. Wait around for 2.5 and don’t get paid for it. Sit around when court starts, everything is late and gets pushed to noon. Lunch. Come back and the case gets continued to a day you already put in for vacation. 4 hours of sleep. Come to work the next day. Do it again for another case because fuck your scheduled court days.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 4:01:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:

This. Finish working 10.5 hours. Wait around for 2.5 and don’t get paid for it. Sit around when court starts, everything is late and gets pushed to noon. Lunch. Come back and the case gets continued to a day you already put in for vacation. 4 hours of sleep. Come to work the next day. Do it again for another case because fuck your scheduled court days.
View Quote

But but but.....you get a dental plan.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 10:58:45 AM EDT
[#6]

But but but.....you get a dental plan.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:

This. Finish working 10.5 hours. Wait around for 2.5 and don’t get paid for it. Sit around when court starts, everything is late and gets pushed to noon. Lunch. Come back and the case gets continued to a day you already put in for vacation. 4 hours of sleep. Come to work the next day. Do it again for another case because fuck your scheduled court days.

But but but.....you get a dental plan.

If they only knew.

I have tricare dental, the health care and dental plans at my department are a joke. I stuck with tricare and it saves me about 700$ a month. I haven’t looked at it in awhile. Our P2s actually qualify for food stamps. I’m not gonna stick around. Feds look better and better every year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top