Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/25/2019 8:50:01 PM EDT
I've been trying to be more positive lately and see the bright side of things or good in people. I used to always be negative and pessimistic about everything (runs in my family). It's hard to do but overall I feel a lot better.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell no and I'm ok with it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
HIV positive
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:51:54 PM EDT
[#3]
absolutely.

just dont let yourself be used by those that seek out positives to make a negative.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#4]
About some things yes, about other things, fuck no.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm positive that everything a man does, just goes to shit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes.
For me it’s the best way to live.
My son will actually see me smiling sometimes for no reason and think I am crazy.

Stay positive and good things will happen.
Be negative and bad things will happen.

It’s all about the energy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m negative and pessimistic but have learned to let things go and have learned that things all work out in the end.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.
For me it’s the best way to live.
My son will actually see me smiling sometimes for no reason and think I am crazy.

It’s all about the energy.
View Quote
This is very true. I know some very negative people and it always seems bad stuff is happening to them. Negativity attracts bad energy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Fuck no.

Pessimist is so far from describing by view of the world and humanity it's not even an understatement, it's just wrong.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:56:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I try to be
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:56:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m only positive when I have my daughter, when I’m fishing or during hunting season. Fuck every time else.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This is very true. I know some very negative people and it always seems bad stuff is happening to them. Negativity attracts bad energy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.
For me it's the best way to live.

It's all about the energy.
Absolute nonsense. This mystical idea of "energy" has no basis in science. If someone's life sucks it's because they made it that way or they were unlucky enough to be one of the worlds many involuntary door mats.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes.

I'm positive most of this world sucks hairy ass these days.

Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I am because i have no choice. It brings down my family and people around me if im not positive.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I’m generally positive.

There’s a silver lining in just about everything negative. I look for it.

I also try to consider whether or not the negative situation is something I can control or not. If so, work to change it. If not, accept it and move on.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:59:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm incredibly negative and I hate it
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Absolute nonsense. This mystical idea of "energy" has no basis in science. If someone's life sucks it's because they made it that way or they were unlucky enough to be one of the worlds many involuntary door mats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

I disagree

Everything is energy

If you are negative about everything then you are going to attract negative things and negative people
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

I don’t think they meant it in a hippie pseudoscience  way.

People looking for things to be negative about will find them. People looking for things to be positive about will find them.

If you look for red cars you’ll see them everywhere. If you don’t, you’ll hardly notice them.

If you open yourself to opportunity you’ll find it everywhere. If you don’t you'll never see it.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

People looking for things to be negative about will find them. People looking for things to be positive about will find them.

If you look for red cars you’ll see them everywhere. If you don’t, you’ll hardly notice them.

If you open yourself to opportunity you’ll find it everywhere. If you don’t you'll never see it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

Well said
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:10:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

It’s not nonsense.
Walk around in a bad mood tomorrow and you will find the other negative people. You will attract each other.  
If somebody’s life sucks and they continue to act that way, they will have a tough time getting out of that rut.
Misery loves company.

Be positive & happy and it will rub off on others.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Sometimes I hate it because I wish I could just "blue pill" myself and sink into glorious blissful ignorance.

Other times I hate everyone else because they aren't negative, and they aren't because they don't see what I see. Or they don't care, whatever. Pisses me off regardless.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I try to be despite things not exciting me much anymore. Having a baby girl has really shelled that demon.

My wife still thinks I’m an asshole despite everyone we meet loving me... who’s the real asshole? Crazy broad
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm pretty balanced. Happy, not happy, it varies...but I tend to have a decent reason for both.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:16:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I’m still trying to figure that out
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#27]
City Slickers (10/11) Movie CLIP - Best Day/Worst Day (1991) HD
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:18:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sometimes I hate it because I wish I could just "blue pill" myself and sink into glorious blissful ignorance.

Other times I hate everyone else because they aren't negative, and they aren't because they don't see what I see. Or they don't care, whatever. Pisses me off regardless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe some of them see it, realize there’s nothing they can do about it, and move on without stewing over it.

Being negative about something beyond your control accomplishes nothing.

You buy a quality tire from a reputable manufacturer, rotate them regularly, check the pressure, inspect for  damage regularly, but you still get a blow out. You can either get pissed about it and have it ruin your week or you can put the spare on and get on with your life.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Always.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's not nonsense.
Walk around in a bad mood tomorrow and you will find the other negative people. You will attract each other.  
If somebody's life sucks and they continue to act that way, they will have a tough time getting out of that rut.
Misery loves company.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

It's not nonsense.
If somebody's life sucks and they continue to act that way, they will have a tough time getting out of that rut.
Misery loves company.

The angrier I am and the more I hate myself the better I do. I succeed when I'm down in the ditch. The self hatred and jealous, bitter anger towards others is the most powerful motivator I've ever known.

Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
The angrier I am and the more I hate myself the better I do. I succeed when I'm down in the ditch. The self hatred and jealous, bitter anger towards others is the most powerful motivator I've ever known.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

It's not nonsense.
Misery loves company.

Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:26:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You have to look at it as you can't change things or other people. You only have one life, one experience of life, and in that life is your own experiences of what you make them. That's all that really matters.

I used to constantly stew over the state of the country, the world, or people. I'd say the same thing wishing I was ignorant. I'd spend so much time arguing with other people (i.e. liberals) thinking I could change them or make them see what I see. What a waste of time that was.

Just have to move on and find good in things or focus on stuff that you enjoy. I pretty much stopped watching and reading the news, that was a major factor.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Pragmatic.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

It's not nonsense.
Misery loves company.

It is what it is.

Succeeding for the sake of success or to better myself and my lot in life doesn't do much to get me out of bed. Doing those things so I can lord them over people and use my money, fitness, status, etc. to take other people down as many notches as I can? That gets me moving.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It is what it is.

Succeeding for the sake of success or to better myself and my lot in life doesn't do much to get me out of bed. Doing those things so I can lord them over people and use my money, fitness, status, etc. to take other people down as many notches as I can? That gets me moving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

It's not nonsense.
Misery loves company.

It is what it is.

Yea yea yea we get it.  You were picked on and never learned to stand up for yourself without shooting everyone up. So you channel that into non-violent crushing of their souls instead.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#36]
I’m logical and realistic. So, no, I’m not a “positive” person. But most people find me to be very stable and level, especially during emergencies/crises, so they feel I’m a positive impact for them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:37:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yea yea yea we get it.  You were picked on and never learned to stand up for yourself without shooting everyone up. So you channel that into non-violent crushing of their souls instead.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

It's not nonsense.
Misery loves company.

It is what it is.

Yeah that's more or less accurate.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:38:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It is what it is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

It's not nonsense.
Misery loves company.

It is what it is.

So your only motivation is what other people think about you and want them to be jealous?
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

It's not nonsense.
Misery loves company.

It’s not my business but you volunteered the information and this is simply a random assessment from a stranger on the internet but....

You sound like a supremely unhappy person. I would suggest that it’s not a healthy philosophy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:47:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So your only motivation is what other people think about you and want them to be jealous?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

It's not nonsense.
Misery loves company.

It is what it is.

No, I don't want them to be jealous. I want them to fucking hate me from the very bottom of their souls. I want them to feel the shit I felt.

At the end of the day life boils down to being a death struggle in which you compete with every other living thing in existence for control of resources, whether that be food, power, mates, land, money, etc. Life is a game in which the objective is to take as much as possible from others without allowing them to take from you. I get off on the thought of putting the desirable/powerful/etc. in the place of the loser, the one that struggles to gain an inch instead of having it served to them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's not my business but you volunteered the information and this is simply a random assessment from a stranger on the internet but....

You sound like a supremely unhappy person. I would suggest that it's not a healthy philosophy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

It's not nonsense.
Misery loves company.

It's not my business but you volunteered the information and this is simply a random assessment from a stranger on the internet but....

You sound like a supremely unhappy person. I would suggest that it's not a healthy philosophy.
I am, at least when forced to deal with the world. And yes, it's probably not healthy. But damn it's hard to see things any other way.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#42]
I'll say it with music.

Paul Thorn "It's a Great Day to Whup Somebody's Ass"
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Define positive.  Are we talking personality or HIV? Poll questions could apply to either.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:55:11 PM EDT
[#44]
I used to be a positive person. A live altering injury will change that quick.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No, I don't want them to be jealous. I want them to fucking hate me from the very bottom of their souls. I want them to feel the shit I felt.

At the end of the day life boils down to being a death struggle in which you compete with every other living thing in existence for control of resources, whether that be food, power, mates, land, money, etc. Life is a game in which the objective is to take as much as possible from others without allowing them to take from you. I get off on the thought of putting the desirable/powerful/etc. in the place of the loser, the one that struggles to gain an inch instead of having it served to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

It's not nonsense.
Misery loves company.

It is what it is.

You sound like a peach.

You should study game theory and the like.  You’d probably change your competitive strategy.  Have fun with the stroke.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'll say it with music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggHpZE2W-rs
View Quote
A Dope member wearing a Manowar shirt. Huh. I suddenly like Dope more.

Weird thing to pull out of all this but there you go.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Define positive.  Are we talking personality or HIV? Poll questions could apply to either.
View Quote
#getboth
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#48]
It's always darkest just before its pitch black.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll say it with music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggHpZE2W-rs

They have exactly One good song.

After that everything sucks
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
You sound like a peach.

You should study game theory and the like.  You'd probably change your competitive strategy.  Have fun with the stroke.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.

It's not nonsense.
Misery loves company.

It is what it is.

You sound like a peach.

You should study game theory and the like.  You'd probably change your competitive strategy.  Have fun with the stroke.
I am most certainly not a peach.

And yes, you're right. I should add some books on the subject to my "To Read" list. I'll be doing that, seems there's plenty out there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top