Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2021 7:08:46 AM EDT
I've never seen one that was more than a homeowner car rinser, but I've never really looked either.

My cheap gas one died on me this spring after years of neglect, and I need a new one.

I'm sure gas is the best, but didn't know if they maybe any commercial grade electric ones that used 240v or something, or maybe one that you can use with shop air so I don't have to listen to a gas engine every time I want to use it.

Uses include everything from spraying off the truck to blasting out dirty/greasy equipment when it needs to be repaired, and sometimes cleaning nasty concrete up.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:10:57 AM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#2]
We have a 240v one at the shop that uses the same pump as the bigger gas ones. It works pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#3]
They are OK for providing water for a  car wash or rinsing off patio furniture.  Thats it.   Can't do anything serious with one.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:15:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Sure.

Go to your favorite government spy app
search engine and type in "commercial" or "professional"
"electric pressure washer".

You should find a plethora of results. Most are fairly expensive compared to their gasoline engine powered counterparts.

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Daimer is what you seek

i have a 220V electric motor one with steam heated with diesel.  It really is awesome
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:20:01 AM EDT
[#6]
We have some 440v ones at work
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Unless you want to spend the big bucks on a Kranzle, Active VE52 has gotten pretty good reviews by many car detailers I have been watching on Youtube.  But almost any electric is going to come with a shitty wand and/or hose.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:23:05 AM EDT
[#8]
I've used a Campbell Hausfeld electric PW for at least 15 years around the house with no problems.....1850 PSI 2.0 gpm.....It has worked just fine for around the house. Looks like this one.

That said it only get's used once a year or so but given what I've seen of most gas-powered units it's lasted a lot longer than they do.....If it dies the next time I use it I will have more than got my money's worth from it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Most are fairly expensive compared to their gasoline engine powered counterparts.

View Quote

It's looking that way, the cost per PSI and GPM seems much higher, and 240v seems to be about the only option for something good. I'm going to keep looking though, I like the idea of no gas engine.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 7:28:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I rented one from HD once. It was a strange combination of a couple horsepower electric motor attached to a regular triplex pump. It worked pretty good, but needed an extension cord that could keep up. Gas is so much simpler IMO for something like this. As far as the garbage marketed in the pretty plastic cases, no.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a Stanley 2000-2300 psi that was great until the 4th time I used it and something cracked, it lost pressure, and water ran everywhere... But for an electric it performed really well. All I ever used it for was to wash my truck, it's not like I was pressure washing my 3000sq' home and it's driveway. Broke after three times, washing a full size truck, three times.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 9:54:00 AM EDT
[#12]
I have one from Harbor Freight, its OK for blasting the driveway and mold/staining off the siding.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a Ryobi electric pressure washer.
It does a good job on washing the siding and other light to medium jobs.
Will it clean concrete?  Yes, but you'll be there forever.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 11:53:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Good,

Kranzle. Not cheap, but are the titties

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unless you want to spend the big bucks on a Kranzle, Active VE52 has gotten pretty good reviews by many car detailers I have been watching on Youtube.  But almost any electric is going to come with a shitty wand and/or hose.
View Quote

This is also sold under the Cat brand.  They have great reviews from car detailers.  I had a Ryobi and it sucked.  Pressure was ok but didn't flow much water at all.  I bought a Sunjoe a few months ago and it's much better but I kinda wish I had bought the Cat.  I went with the Sunjoe because it's on wheels but since the stupid design has the water hose on front and pressure house on the back, I have to carry it around anyway.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a Karcher electric one, it's ok for light stuff. Cars, siding, outdoor items, front steps, etc. I did use it for the patio and driveway once but it took forever, just doesn't have the power for doing that efficiently.
Link Posted: 8/16/2021 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I have had one of the Hyper Tough walmart ones they blew out for $50 and its not bad for minor stuff. If I want to scrub the driveway I get the gas Subaru 3200 psi for that stuff.

Link Posted: 8/16/2021 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#18]
FPNI.

All electric washers have low psi and GPM.
Top Top