Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#1]
awfully damn presumptuous of the bio-parents to presume what sex a gender fluid child might choose to be...or change their mind later and change
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes they are stupid, but...

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
It’s the next iteration of “hold my beer”
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#4]
If the food was good who cares.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Not anymore!  Millennials have changed the rules to require husbands to attend.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't know never been to one. Will never go to one. Baby showers are for getting women out of my hair so I can have peace and quiet.

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:17:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Your friend needs to grow some balls and not need a phony excuse to have people over whenever he feels like it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My friend used it as an excuse to buy two kegs and invite everyone over. The girls all had their fun and we got free booze. What's not to like?

Your friend needs to grow some balls and not need a phony excuse to have people over whenever he feels like it.

Why not have a party and blow up some pink and blue shit. And then have another random party too?

Hell, you don't even have to be having a baby.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Parties are fun.

ARFCOM hates seeing people have fun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:21:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
gender reveal parties are pants on head retarded.....but not half as bad as your neighbor wanting to regulate them.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:21:39 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a lot of people at mine. Friends and family  I smoked a brisket, ribs, pulled pork, beans, cheesy potatoes. Had a full size keg of busch light, pony keg of local IPA, I don't even know howany bottles of wine. 10lbs of tannerite. It was an incredible time for everyone.
Not surprising all of the boomer doomers in GD hate gender reveal parties
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Why not have a party and blow up some pink and blue shit. And then have another random party too?

View Quote

Because gender reveal parties are making it about the gender of your spawn.  Oh, and bring us gifts and shower us with lots of attention because our mommy and daddy didn't give us enough.

Invite me over any other time.  Don't expect me to bring you shit, and I'll bring my own beer.  I'll show up nearly every time.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh god we got drunk and played Mario Kart where we had to all drive a pink car we are the most selfish people in the world how dare we!

If anything it kept the girls off of our back for once while they went to pop balloons or some shit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I think they are stupid.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#14]
I think they are dumb but I don't tell people how to live their lives. So don't tell me.
They used to be called baby showers now they changed so the husband/baby daddy have to attend.
No more free day with the guys while the wimminz do wimmin folk crap.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:28:54 PM EDT
[#15]
It's for self absorbed fuckheads.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
A neighbor and I were talking about these gender parties people are having. He said they should have a permit process and an inspector signs off on the explosive or flammable to make sure its ok.
—————-
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/tasneemnashrulla/gender-reveal-death-explosion

Christopher Pekny, a 28-year-old father-to-be from New York, died after a device he was building for his child's gender-reveal party exploded, authorities said.
View Quote

Just more stupidity started by millennials. And fidget spinners, don't forget them.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#17]
They are stupid because how do they know the gender without asking the child first?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:32:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#19]
People die at them...so yea.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I know it's creepy but shouldn't it be sex reveal parties?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:52:01 PM EDT
[#21]
They're for stupid attention whore millennials. No one gives a fuck what your crotch fruit's pronouns will be.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:52:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Gender reveal parties are for narcissistic dopes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Doesn't impact me, don't care.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#24]
The implication being that anyone else gives a fuck about what is in your kid's danger zone.

I almost want children so I can NOT have a party
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Gender reveal parties are so gay they make this guy look straight..

Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I had a lot of people at mine. Friends and family  I smoked a brisket, ribs, pulled pork, beans, cheesy potatoes. Had a full size keg of busch light, pony keg of local IPA, I don't even know howany bottles of wine. 10lbs of tannerite. It was an incredible time for everyone.
Not surprising all of the boomer doomers in GD hate gender reveal parties
View Quote

Gen X here. Gender reveal parties are ghey as hell and don’t have anything on the parties of the 80’s.

It’s the whole “look at us! Look at me” crap that makes them cringeworthy. Like a real life tik tok or Instagram video created for likes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:57:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Yes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
They are dumb.

For both of our kids, our gender reveal party was at the hospital when the kid(s) popped out.  We found out at the same time as everyone else.
View Quote

This but meh if other people want them. Our kids are 18 and 16. Wife’s obgyn said it was rare then. I can’t imagine it’s gotten more common. It seamed to us. Birth is when you are supposed to find out.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#29]
They are beyond stupid but if it tickles your pickle and it doesn't involve me or mine then go explode yourself
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#30]
They're gay. I dont care about other people's potential crotch fruit.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:18:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:25:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Dumb, but for a different reason.

If you reveal the sex, you get clothes, which the baby will outgrow in weeks.

If you don't reveal the sex, you get equipment and such, which will last longer.

Tip for baby gifts: buy clothes at size 9 to 12 months.  That way, your friend has some new clothes for the baby after all the showers and parties and such are over.

(I'm all for explosions and fun.)
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:28:25 PM EDT
[#33]
They’re not my favorite thing, but women seem to enjoy them.  It doesn’t kill me to go to one and a couple of hours seems to make the women happy.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Sample size of two millennial couples I know says the gender reveal thing is narcissistic attention whoring for idiots who post their lives on social media.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:39:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Yes, they are. But, I have fucked some fine ass girls after going to three or four.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#36]
They're for women, just make it part of the baby shower.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:33:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They're for women, just make it part of the baby shower.
View Quote

Man Cards will be collected at the door.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:37:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Why the fuck would I care about what/how people celebrate?
View Quote

This. It's just an excuse to get a group of people together to celebrate something positive in someone's life.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Real men make their OWN rules. No one will be "requiring" my presence at anything...except my funeral. I think I'll probably have to show up for that one.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:41:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My friend used it as an excuse to buy two kegs and invite everyone over. The girls all had their fun and we got free booze. What's not to like?
View Quote

So your friend wanted a guys' night, but had to settle for a supervised visit? That's what that sounds like...LOL.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:44:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Gender reveal parties are so gay they make this guy look straight..

https://i.imgflip.com/4/2z5m.jpg
View Quote

I mean...I get what you're trying to say, but...

No. That guy DOES NOT look straight. At all.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 11:46:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Yes, but I voted "who cares" because they don't hurt me.  If you like them, more power to you.  Just don't force your friends or SO who also think it's stupid to participate.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:19:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Why can't those people just have a dinner party, BBQ and call it day?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:55:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Why can't those people just have a dinner party, BBQ and call it day?
View Quote

The likes will be lower
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Absolutely Stupid.

When it comes down to brass tacks, even your bestest-westest friendy-wendy; REALLY doesn't give a fuck about the gender of your kid.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Dumb, but for a different reason.

If you reveal the sex, you get clothes, which the baby will outgrow in weeks.

If you don't reveal the sex, you get equipment and such, which will last longer.

Tip for baby gifts: buy clothes at size 9 to 12 months.  That way, your friend has some new clothes for the baby after all the showers and parties and such are over.

(I'm all for explosions and fun.)
View Quote

Oh wise one, may I subscribe to your newsletter?

Mike
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:12:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Sure.   Once we have laws dictating every minute mundane detail of every day life we'll finally be safe.  

It sounds wonderful.
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Pet peeve of mine.  A 400 year-old use of a word gets dusted off by sociologists to mean things other than sex (not only sexual identity but also role in society--like merchants and craftsmen in a warrior society).  Then prudes turn around and use it as a replacement for the word sex.  Grr.

Mike
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 9:16:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Its so dumb rofl

Back in the day, you'd tell your mom.  Maybe a friend.  Word got around.

Nobody ever made a list of 20 friends and started going down the call list:

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's Becky and Tom.  Guess what?  It's a GIRL!"

"oooooooooooookay? "

Then imagine doing that 19 more times for all your other friends.

Literally nobody but your family and MAYBE best friend cares.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top