User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What I mean is you don't need religion to know that giving children puberty blockers and cutting off their penis is wrong. You don't need religion to know that having sex with children and grooming them is wrong. You don't need religion to know that looting a store and burning it down is wrong. You don't need religion to know that teachers grooming children in school against their parents will is wrong.
Most of this is common sense/basic decency and was not given any thought just a few short years ago..
View Quote

But what makes your definition of what is good and just and desirable any more valid than what the left is saying regarding those issues? What makes your viewpoint more valid than theirs?
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

But what makes your definition of what is good and just and desirable any more valid than what the left is saying regarding those issues? What makes your viewpoint more valid than theirs?
View Quote

“Everybody knows”

“Common sense”

Lol.  Lmao even.
Link Posted: 5/12/2023 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Look at the Democratic platform and compare it to Biblical teachings.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I would include our Jewish cousins, it's not like they're an entirely separate religion, or that Jesus wasn't a Jew.
We have a fundamental disagreement on the divinity of Christ, but we both worship the same God, and the precepts are similar.
View Quote

Incorrect, this is a bad meme started by dispensationalist that just won't go away .  Jews and Christians do not worship the same God.  They deny Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What I mean is you don't need religion to know that giving children puberty blockers and cutting off their penis is wrong. You don't need religion to know that having sex with children and grooming them is wrong. You don't need religion to know that looting a store and burning it down is wrong. You don't need religion to know that teachers grooming children in school against their parents will is wrong.
Most of this is common sense/basic decency and was not given any thought just a few short years ago..
View Quote

By what standard do you call anything wrong?

Without a standard outside of one's subjective opinion, right and wrong are just arbitrary preferences.  The groomers believes they are doing a good and happy thing when they have a kid castrate themselves.   Only with an objective standard set by God can one begin to call certain behaviors evil or good.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:18:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
More and more, even Arfcom as a community is becoming anti-Christian.

The comments and general attitude towards Christians on this site is pretty appalling and is getting worse.  Conservatives in power no longer hold Christian values, there is a lot of pandering for sure, but no genuine belief behind it.

Just a sad observation I've had lately.
View Quote

Liberals are not humans.  They are orcs.

Orcs spread like the plague and varmints.

So, not surprising.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:46:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So, not surprising.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The comments and general attitude towards Christians on this site is pretty appalling and is getting worse.  Conservatives in power no longer hold Christian values, there is a lot of pandering for sure, but no genuine belief behind it.

So, not surprising.

Orcs is not a good analogy here.  Not because don't be mean, but because it's not a good analogy.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:13:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Orcs is not a good analogy here.  Not because don't be mean, but because it's not a good analogy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, not surprising.

Every time I see photos, videos and those liberals spewing their filth it reminds me of Lord of the Rings' orcs and their filth.  

What other filthy things come to your mind when you see their agendas and the damage they make where they take hold?

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Every time I see photos, videos and those liberals spewing their filth it reminds me of Lord of the Rings' orcs and their filth.  

What other filthy things come to your mind when you see their agendas and the damage they make where they take hold?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, not surprising.

Orcs as well as many other nasty demonic creatures.

My vote is for Goombas, sentient fungus.  Haha
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:22:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, not surprising.

Orcs are a different race than humans and basically retarded warmonger invaders and pillagers. That's why Ukraine likes calling Russians that.

Most leftys aren't the top of the food chain centralized power hungry psychos, they're just normal people who haven't put enough thought into political ideology and are willing to go along to get along to an alarming degree.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asch_conformity_experiments

Subjects completed 18 trials. On the first two trials, both the subject and the actors gave the obvious, correct answer. On the third trial, the actors would all give the same wrong answer. This wrong-responding recurred on 11 of the remaining 15 trials. It was subjects' behavior on these 12 "critical trials" (the 3rd trial + the 11 trials where the actors gave the same wrong answer) that formed the aim of the study: to test how many subjects would change their answer to conform to those of the 7 actors, despite it being wrong.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Orcs are a different race than humans and basically retarded warmonger invaders and pillagers. That's why Ukraine likes calling Russians that.

Most leftys aren't the top of the food chain centralized power hungry psychos, they're just normal people who haven't put enough thought into political ideology and are willing to go along to get along to an alarming degree.

View Quote

Most dems are goons and/or useful idiots to put it in simpleton terms.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:40:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you see a pendulum swing right, you will see a majority of people adopt whatever the new talking points are.

It isn't left and right. Much like monotheism, politics on the whole is something people don't spend the time to think about. It is easier to just outsource your thinking to whatever is popular or just refuse to think about it and take a stance of apathy.

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 10:52:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, not surprising.

Subjects completed 18 trials. On the first two trials, both the subject and the actors gave the obvious, correct answer. On the third trial, the actors would all give the same wrong answer. This wrong-responding recurred on 11 of the remaining 15 trials. It was subjects' behavior on these 12 "critical trials" (the 3rd trial + the 11 trials where the actors gave the same wrong answer) that formed the aim of the study: to test how many subjects would change their answer to conform to those of the 7 actors, despite it being wrong.

You are basing on your premise that they are humans.  Most are not.  

The things they do and believe put them to humans akin to the orcs and elves (which the orcs derived from through degenerated DNA).  

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The things they do and believe put them to humans akin to the orcs and elves (which the orcs derived from through degenerated DNA).  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, not surprising.

I would shitpost with you in GD all day long, but here I'm going to refute that.

The idea of stripping humanity away from people, especially those that haven't really thought things through is dangerous. There is humanity inside all of us and it's a gift from God. Aquinas views evil as an absence of goodness, not an opposing force.

So those that are evil are, by definition, lacking in goodness. I think this is the best way to come at the problem. I think it also shows itself to be true that the more miserable the left tries to make people (again absence of goodness) the more angry and destructive they become. (Evil)
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Jesus said that we would be hated by all nations for His sake (Matthew 24:9). That presumably includes people who are of a more conservative leaning.
View Quote

The “christians” I’ve come into contact with recently are probably the reason people will hate people who call themselves “Christian’s”. Narcissists, frauds, liars, and thieves.

Other’s I’ve known who consider themselves “christians” made DU seem conservative.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Christianity and Judaism are the only legitimate religions in the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
First of all, Christians need to realize that they are not the only legitimate religion in the world. There are dozens of other religions that are protected by the First Amendment.
Christians need to STOP forcing their beliefs on all the rest of us. Current example, the bill in TX to put the 10 Commandments in all the public schools is a perfect example of this.

As a group, CONSERVATIVE politicians massively targeted them and pander to them for votes. These politicians are the most evil, godless people around, but a little pandering gets you raised onto a platform and praised as if you can do no wrong. Trump is a perfect example of this. I'm not saying that he's not the correct choice, but that Christians chose him for a lot of wrong reasons because as a group, they seem to be very gullible. Politicians know how to play that crowd like a Stradivarius.

Be in the world, not of the world. Believe, MYOB, stay out of everyone else's business, quit being pandered to. Just because a politician says God and Prayer and Right to Life in public doesn't mean they care about you and your beliefs, they just care about your vote.

Pray in your closest like Jesus said, forgive those that trespass against you as God in heaven forgives your trespasses.

Do that, and we'd all get along better.

Christianity and Judaism are the only legitimate religions in the world.

Religion is man’s attempt to please some deity. There are tons of religious Christian’s. Christianity is a personal relationship with the God who created the universe made possible through the obedient death, burial, and resurrection of His Son who came to this earth, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, and who after his DB&R gave to those of us who who believe the gift of the Holy Spirit who testifies of Jesus and leads us in the truth…following His commandments
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 12:37:39 AM EDT
[#17]
every Liberal I have ever known has performed Olympic quality mental gymnastics to twist, turn the new testament to their own agenda's and much to my dismay several I've known bring up Hebrew law, especially when dealing with Abortion.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Political conservatism in America died when it became separated from its Christian foundation.  “Conservatism” today is just a catch all for a collection of disparate beliefs opposed to various components of the leftist agenda.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Political conservatism in America died when it became separated from its Christian foundation.  “Conservatism” today is just a catch all for a collection of disparate beliefs opposed to various components of the leftist agenda.
View Quote

Yes, a good point. It seems "conservatism" is a term indicating whatever/whomever does not support the statist, Biden administration. I have two associates who, in conversations (with me anyway), call themselves conservative. One actually told me he voted for Biden, the other is entrenched in the LA entertainment industry and (surprise!) doesn't appear to have any deeply held convictions.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 6:43:33 PM EDT
[#20]
The Overton window has been drifting left for 100+ yrs or coincidently since women got the vote and gradually replaced fathers and husbands with big brother for the role of protector and provider. The demographics favoring socialism/secularism are only getting bigger with each generation and barring a major cataclysmic event that disrupts the bread and circuses that keep the population sated in a Godless fog backed by .gov safety nets for sin's earthly repercussions the trend isn't likely to reverse in our lifetime so prepare yourself and your family accordingly.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

In general, at this very moment, yes, liberals are considerably more anti Christian than conservatives, but as you say, that's changing.  The Bible promised such things would happen until the Lord returns, so we really shouldn't be too surprised at it.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top