User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You are looking at it backwards. We can build a new one. The old one has failed.

The problem we have right now is that most conservatives think that they still have a claim on the old system.

We don’t. < not a conservative. Libertine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess conservatives must begin working on their intersectionality and compromising on some of the ideology.

I think conservatives need to think about how their ideology will work in the world around us today.  Abandoning control of "the system" does not appear to be working out.  Not getting involved does not appear to be a winning approach.

You are looking at it backwards. We can build a new one. The old one has failed.

The problem we have right now is that most conservatives think that they still have a claim on the old system.

Most of the solutions as to this new system and how we get there seem as unrealistic and true Communism or Libertarianism working.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

For being a bunch of lazy soy boys who’s don’t work, the left sure has managed to infiltrate pretty much every sector.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"leave me alone and keep doing what we've been doing" worked for a long time.  Or at least it worked well enough for some people to get their heads well buried up their asses.

During that time, the left infiltrated the media, education, tech companies, and more.  They pushed for gay rights, shitty energy policy, and socialized healthcare.  They got virtually everything they wanted, enabling a new breed of even more insane woke libtards to creep into every level of government and what's left of industry.

Think about the pervasive control over our society the left had by the time COVID came around.  They made almost everyone in society kowtow to their demands of mask up... even 'vaccinate'.  With zero science.  While claiming anyone who was skeptical is a science denier on par with idiots who don't believe in modern medicine.

Conservatives are selfish.  We spend our lives trying to acquire material wealth while the left is out there doing political shit.  Hopefully when our ability to make money is sufficiently threatened something will actually be done.  I wouldn't count on it.

For being a bunch of lazy soy boys who’s don’t work, the left sure has managed to infiltrate pretty much every sector.

I think a lot of that talk is from those using that to shield themselves from the fact that despite their independent real man nature they were routed by the soyboys who now control most everything.  Its a stinger.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Its not muh tax money. Its muh money is being given to scumbags, criminals, and woke ideologies that do nothing but promote division, and we have homeless and mentally ill people right here, and those trillions we give out would be better spent here, so all our lives are not crappy, so we could maybe hire more law enforcement, so we have decent streets, have programs for the ill and pathetic...

But no, we get to fall apart as a nation, while these scumbags, give it to themselves, and to other countries which get squandered away and so everyone but the politicians get fucked and get nothing but a harder way to go.

That is the problem with muh money.

So OP, you must have voted for biden, you are ignored.
View Quote

Congrats! You proved the OPs point!
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Leftists are not successful.
They are good at repeating what the TV says.
View Quote
Liberals are good at repeating what the TV says. Leftists tell the TV what to say. Leftists are very successful.

I've often said, a Conservative says, I want to start a business. A Leftist says, I want to be an elementary school teacher.
Thirty years later, the Conservative may be rich, but society reflects the Leftist's values.

The Right lost in America because they didn't want control.
The Left won because all they wanted was control... and they knew how to get.
While Conservatives were building wealth, Leftist were taking over education, journalism, civil service, unions.
Basically, everything Conservatives thought was "unimportant."
Now, Leftists control the wealth that Conservatives created.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:01:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't disagree with anything OP wrote.

In before old boomers claiming he's wrong?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Conservatives suffer from tall poppy syndrome. When anyone rises to take the reigns and lead the group you hear "they're not a real Conservative!" Just like in religion "they're not a real Christian!" The group cannot solidify like the democrats do. The democrats lined up behind a sack of dog shit like biden...
View Quote

I agree with this 100%. How many times on here “sorry your girl lost”. Conservatives cannot unite for any cause. Also we/us as an overall are too much into “i have to much to lose”. Cause the left doesn’t give a fuck what they lose and are winning.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You'll notice that the "muh money" complaints are not universal though.  There are no real complaints about "muh money" when it comes to the biggest expenditure every year, the US military.  Almost no conservatives were bitching at the 2.3 Trillion dollar covid relief package Trump passed.  Or the 1 Trillion dollar PPP loan forgiveness Trump ran.  Or the Iraq war or the Afghanistan war.  And on and on and on and on.

View Quote
I'm sorry sir, it looks like you're retarded.

Muh military is not the biggest expenditure.  You need to understand the difference between "discretionary" and "mandatory" spending in the US gov.  The biggest expenditure BY FAR is Social Security/Medicare and other assorted bullshit.

Here's your "muh money" going to the military.

Now here's your "muh money" going to SS/Medicare/Medicaid/fuckingwhatever:

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#8]
They want to conserve their money and lifestyle not their culture or nation.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:22:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So, inspired by yet another of the billion Ukraine threads, I'm really starting to wonder if "Conservatives" are just selfish ?

It seems all the core complaints are around "muh money".

Jobs -

"Conservatives" will complain about the lefts radicalization of schools, administrative government, tech industry and the entertainment industry - however no "Good Conservatives" would ever enter those fields to drive ideological changes.

Schools pay shit, .GOV is for lazy unionists and only soy-boys do tech and entertainment. We need to be skilled trades, small business, farmers and STIM. There is never an ideological motivation behind employment, no desire to take over an industry and use it to change the world around us. It's about getting a good paying job and taking care of yourself.

Political Activism : The left has no problem taking time away from watching Netflix and protesting. Hell, many have no problem taking one for the team and catching a charge for vandalism or rioting. Anti-2A stuff is able to pull in millions in donations but Pro-2A people would rather just "stack deep and hope to get grand fathered".

In fact, that's the whole political outlook -  "Prep" and sit back and wait for things to REALLY get bad and let the "shooting start" - "Gonna crush them Antifa Pussies".

Except... no one did anything. From ranting about masks and vaxs, stolen elections, cities burning.. no one really does anything. Rather just complain about Desantis vs. Trump. Worried about voting fraud - anyone sign up to be a poll worker yet?

The all the main complaints -

Immigration - "muh tax money for welfare, took muh job"
Welfare - "muh tax money"
Ukraine - "muh tax money"
F35 - "muh tax money"
Random Liberal State does something dumb - "ha ha, move to a free state"
Liberals Move to Free State, and ruin it - "nooo muh free state"

The left is beating us and taking over - but nobody has the will to actually donate money, start causes, and get involved to change the ideological landscape. It's just sitting back and whining with a "I got mine, screw  you" mentality. It's always about the money and never about the greater ideological goal.

View Quote

Selfish is not bad when you're not picking someone's pocket or breaking their leg.

It is when you are - even if it's "for the children."

You should be able to figure it out from there.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:30:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You'll notice that the "muh money" complaints are not universal though.  There are no real complaints about "muh money" when it comes to the biggest expenditure every year, the US military.  Almost no conservatives were bitching at the 2.3 Trillion dollar covid relief package Trump passed.  Or the 1 Trillion dollar PPP loan forgiveness Trump ran.  Or the Iraq war or the Afghanistan war.  And on and on and on and on.

View Quote

The military is a constitutional duty, while most other US spending is for unconstitutional policies:

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:34:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Realizing that our resources even though they are huge are still finite is not selfish.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So, inspired by yet another of the billion Ukraine threads, I'm really starting to wonder if "Conservatives" are just selfish ?

It seems all the core complaints are around "muh money".

Jobs -

"Conservatives" will complain about the lefts radicalization of schools, administrative government, tech industry and the entertainment industry - however no "Good Conservatives" would ever enter those fields to drive ideological changes.

Schools pay shit, .GOV is for lazy unionists and only soy-boys do tech and entertainment. We need to be skilled trades, small business, farmers and STIM. There is never an ideological motivation behind employment, no desire to take over an industry and use it to change the world around us. It's about getting a good paying job and taking care of yourself.

Political Activism : The left has no problem taking time away from watching Netflix and protesting. Hell, many have no problem taking one for the team and catching a charge for vandalism or rioting. Anti-2A stuff is able to pull in millions in donations but Pro-2A people would rather just "stack deep and hope to get grand fathered".

In fact, that's the whole political outlook -  "Prep" and sit back and wait for things to REALLY get bad and let the "shooting start" - "Gonna crush them Antifa Pussies".

Except... no one did anything. From ranting about masks and vaxs, stolen elections, cities burning.. no one really does anything. Rather just complain about Desantis vs. Trump. Worried about voting fraud - anyone sign up to be a poll worker yet?

The all the main complaints -

Immigration - "muh tax money for welfare, took muh job"
Welfare - "muh tax money"
Ukraine - "muh tax money"
F35 - "muh tax money"
Random Liberal State does something dumb - "ha ha, move to a free state"
Liberals Move to Free State, and ruin it - "nooo muh free state"

The left is beating us and taking over - but nobody has the will to actually donate money, start causes, and get involved to change the ideological landscape. It's just sitting back and whining with a "I got mine, screw  you" mentality. It's always about the money and never about the greater ideological goal.

Nice summation
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#13]
The difference is that conservatives tend to be live and let live while the left wants to control. Conservatives tend to be about individual achievement while the left is about collective action.

Realistically the right can't have an impact on, say, education the same way the left can. Not only are conservatives less drawn to it, but those that are approach it in an even handed way. A conservative math teacher teaches math. A leftist math teacher indoctrinates.

A conservative cop/fib agent/prosecutor will enforce the law. A leftist will use the position to advance the cause. This means the leftist street thugs will get off easy compared to their (fewer) conservative counterparts (see how Proud Boys are treated vs antifa). The left naturally has a large pool of violent street activists. And they have a wide support network, including lawyers, funding, Soros DAs, Biden's FBI, etc.

None of it is about being selfish.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As a political ideology that is doomed to extinction. This isn't the 1800's on the frontier.

One side wants to mind your business, get involved, and take control.  The other side wants to be left alone and doesn't get involved, holes up, and keeps their heads down.  

Which side do you think is going to control everything?  We see it now.
View Quote

Yep, truer words have never been spoken. The response to say “I don’t care about politics or politicians” is they care about you. Eventually they’ll fuck with you so one must be proactive and engage. We’ve been loosing since the late 80’s, this is why culture and education matters and the conservative movement is way behind on both.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ok youngin.

That’s because the fix is incredibly violent and I doubt you and the OP are ready for it ?

Be 100% accepting to pulling the trigger on 30%+  that stand opposed. With zero remorse.
Go full out "punisher" on them as they resist efforts to remove those subverting the constitution and our way of life.

If are not 100% committed to that. There is no winning. The time for further discussion has past.
We are not ready to take it back. Not enough of the population has been trampled by government yet.
Call me when 250k armed patriots are ready to go physically remove those that continue to subvert all we hold dear and shoot those that defend them with force.
6 people that like each other can’t agree on where to go for dinner !

We are not ready. We can’t win. Government has not trampled enough citizens yet.
We are on that path but no where close to it.

I’m going to continue with the hope we can still vote our way out.
My ammo fort says plan for the worst and hope for the best.

Don’t forget. Those people you are bashing about not showing up are the ones actually keeping the Country moving. They are fucking busy getting shit done. It’s called work !

View Quote

Hate to rain on y’all’s parade but there will be no armed revolution. Just isn’t going to happen. If something did go down it would look closer to Bosnia and would quickly spillover into Canada and Mexico. Both trying to take advantage of the situation and/or prevent slaughter and then someone’s gonna turn the key.

You won’t survive what comes next no matter how ready you think you are. Best keep voting and praying for political and cultural outcome.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 3:04:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And yet, have you done anything to change who is making decisions on how the money is spent?
View Quote

Some of us do everything we can given where we live. How many Oklahoma politicians do you think support the things conservatives complain about? Our country is broken because “land doesn’t vote” and the popular election of senators.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ok youngin.

That’s because the fix is incredibly violent and I doubt you and the OP are ready for it ?

Be 100% accepting to pulling the trigger on 30%+  that stand opposed. With zero remorse.
Go full out "punisher" on them as they resist efforts to remove those subverting the constitution and our way of life.

If are not 100% committed to that. There is no winning. The time for further discussion has past.
We are not ready to take it back. Not enough of the population has been trampled by government yet.
Call me when 250k armed patriots are ready to go physically remove those that continue to subvert all we hold dear and shoot those that defend them with force.

We are not ready. We can’t win. Government has not trampled enough citizens yet.

Don’t forget. Those people you are bashing about not showing up are the ones actually keeping the Country moving. They are fucking busy getting shit done. It’s called work !

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Conservatives are lazy.

They want to bitch, but few actually put any time or effort into changing things.

Ok youngin.

That time will never come. It'll always be "not one more inch!" when they're taking feet at a time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#18]
We sure have a lot of paid posters around here these days.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#19]
And the idea that a minority of the nation is going to violently overthrow the government, and then subjugate/kill enough of the population to cow the majority, then establish a free nation without any foreign interventions isn't realistic.  After all they would have to disenfranchise a significant percentage of the population this is just going to vote to get us right back where we were.  The only thing remotely viable is a disintegration of the Union.  

But then for example in red Missouri the main urban population centers are totally blue.  Would they be nice and happy being part of some new right wing splinter nation?  I doubt it.  So you kill them all, displace them all, or what?  Foreign nations would probably get involved.  

I don't see any decent way this all ends. Most of the world would line up behind the leftists.

really sucks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:28:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Wanting to keep your own money is not selfish.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
And the idea that a minority of the nation is going to violently overthrow the government, and then subjugate/kill enough of the population to cow the majority, then establish a free nation without any foreign interventions isn't realistic.  After all they would have to disenfranchise a significant percentage of the population this is just going to vote to get us right back where we were.  The only thing remotely viable is a disintegration of the Union.  

But then for example in red Missouri the main urban population centers are totally blue.  Would they be nice and happy being part of some new right wing splinter nation?  I doubt it.  So you kill them all, displace them all, or what?  Foreign nations would probably get involved.  

I don't see any decent way this all ends. Most of the world would line up behind the leftists.

really sucks.
View Quote

The majority?

The left is a bunch of disparate groups, that together don't form a majority. Fundamentally they are held together by a shared interest in holding power via the establishment Democrat Party. If everything breaks apart they are as likely to kill each other as do anything else. There's no majority that needs to be cowed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You are making my point.

You are mad that Tax money is wasted.

What have you done to control how that tax money is spent? I'm assuming you are under the impression the Political and Administrative Government powers are run by wasteful greedy leftist.  Why is it only the left can get AOC and Bernie in office? Where is the "Conservative" versions?  They all turn out to be statists.
View Quote

Imagine how lucky we'd be to get the mirror version of AOC. I don't think anyone here would support that person though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Most of the solutions as to this new system and how we get there seem as unrealistic and true Communism or Libertarianism working.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I guess conservatives must begin working on their intersectionality and compromising on some of the ideology.

I think conservatives need to think about how their ideology will work in the world around us today.  Abandoning control of "the system" does not appear to be working out.  Not getting involved does not appear to be a winning approach.

For now. That sort of thing happens really fast though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are studies that show increasing testosterone pushes moderate lefties into being moderate right. So yeah, they are soy boys.

The left is made of disparate elements. Lazy people who gravitate towards government work, those with advanced degrees who have no practical knowledge, etc. In many cases it is teachers, journalists, and others who have influence despite little real knowledge.

The issue is how the left and right engages with institutions. The right favors individual merit while the left favors the collective.

What has happened since the 60s is that the left focused on the long game of marching through the institutions. This is self reinforcing, since leftist teachers can teach "hate America first" and push those they can manipulate leftward. This is easy for the left in part because they are inclined to these types of positions: government work, media, entertainment, etc. They have intentionally pushed their ideology while the right hasn't.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Liberals are good at repeating what the TV says. Leftists tell the TV what to say. Leftists are very successful.

I've often said, a Conservative says, I want to start a business. A Leftist says, I want to be an elementary school teacher.
Thirty years later, the Conservative may be rich, but society reflects the Leftist's values.

While Conservatives were building wealth, Leftist were taking over education, journalism, civil service, unions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tend to take the long view. Success is not capturing institutions or the minds of a few generations.

Success is building something that works. Stealing it and breaking it is the opposite of success. When it is broken leftists will never create a replacement. They will pay the price for what they have done.

Only we can build stuff that works. We withdrew our participation and when we did shit collapsed.

That’s very different from surrender. The only people that suffer the consequences of that are the people that steal.

We can go into a hell and forge paradise. They make paradise into hell. They need us. We don’t need them. Withdrawal of participation by us is their destruction.

Do you think the people cutting their own genitalia off, killing their progeny, disarming and surrounding themselves with people that hate them are winning?

Nope. The people withdrawing from them are winning. We will still be here when they are gone.

They fundamentally want to die, and they seek desolation.

*Assuming that they don’t start nuclear war we will always win. Even then though. The people that have left the centers of power are more likely to survive it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:46:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You are not wrong.  The most common excuse for anything is "but I have a job"...implying the left doesn't work.  Yet the left owns and controls social media, news media, all big tech, and all major manufacturing companies.

There was a thread a few weeks back asking if people donated to politicians.  Most people responded by bragging that they never donated a cent and never will.  My sig line falls on deaf ears until it is too late and then they scream "why didn't someone else do something".

View Quote

The left controls manufacturing at the executive and maybe VP levels.   The actual production is done by people center-right.  
If it’s a union plant , the union officials are generally legacy union (parents etc union officials) and they mostly do little work.   It’s a full time thing for them, and the time spent is seldom all directed to helping other union employees

You all also make the assumption that the talking heads and politicians who are Republicans or say the are conservative may not actually be.   Some are just plain sociopaths who will say whatever they think needs to be said to gain personal power.  
These would be your cocaine mitch’s, ratboy Paul Ryan’s- that sort of shit.

Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Imagine how lucky we'd be to get the mirror version of AOC. I don't think anyone here would support that person though.
View Quote

We have a couple who are kinda like that, but the edgy thing here is to hate on them.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

As far as boomers care, they just want to conserve their social security and retirement benefits and don't care about anything else.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Conservatives have failed to conserve anything worth keeping.

What do conservatives want to conserve these days anyways?

As far as boomers care, they just want to conserve their social security and retirement benefits and don't care about anything else.

What’s wrong with that?
Things go wrong when people start assuming they know what is needed or best for everyone else.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 4:54:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Not necessarily all about money but your overall theory is likely on point.  I think it is more the sit back and wait, hide in my hole, put my head down and prepare ....waiting, preparing for the shoot.

I think a lot of the conservative base has given up ( I don't blame them) and instead of fighting the downfall is waiting to fight afyer the fall. Which is stupid and part of why we loose....plus if you won't fight now, why would you fight later. The left is certainly better at fighting than the right.

I get it.  I have admitted on this board that I regularly hold back.  If I said even a fraction of the things lefties said in public (from a conservative viewpoit) it would negatively affect my business ( and my family) and I don't believe for a second that conservatives would stand out and stand up for me.
View Quote

Because most people are taught and believe that it’s wrong to just go out and start killing others.  Even if communists really aren’t people.  That may be so but the present courts won’t see it that way
But they also know that they’re is no coming together.  There is really no common ground any more.   There can be no compromise
There is only one and final solution to how to deal with the left.   Maybe some leftists  will grow to see the errors of their ways.   But they have to arrive there on their own.  The majority never will.   And they also want all the people that don’t agree with them dead.    
And nobody on the center-right wants to be That guy or girl.  
Not yet anyways.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No. Most Conservatives, TRUE Conservatives, really just want to be left alone. They don't want to get involved or for their government to et them involved in anyone else's bullshit.

Just leave us the fuck alone.
View Quote

And this is why you fail.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh no, now you've done it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:04:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Imagine a cluster of homes in the middle of a desert, with a single spring that provides enough water for everyone’s needs. The community has a few liberals, with the rest being conservative and unaffiliated.

The conservatives believe no one person or group should control the well, and that it should simply be available to use at any time by those who need it. The liberals decide they should be allowed to take control of the well, and control who can have water, and when, and how much, because they know better about how much water everyone needs.

When the liberals announce their plans to take over the well, the conservatives politely say they wish they wouldn’t do that because no one should have control of the well. The unaffiliated really have no idea, but the liberals do seem pretty smart and the conservatives haven’t really offered much of an argument.

As the liberals begin putting up fences around the well, the conservatives tell them they wish they wouldn’t do that, but don’t actually try to stop them because control of the well is not something anyone should try to gain.

After liberals take control of the well, the conservatives will sit around, sick from dehydration, complaining about the liberals having control of the well and how badly the liberals have screwed up the community by rationing water that doesn’t need to be rationed. When one of the younger children asks one of the conservative adults why they don’t take control of the well and allow everyone to have more water, the child will be told that taking control of the well would violate their principals, because “no one group should have control of the well - not even us.”

And it’s like this with every single issue.
View Quote

Excellent analogy.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Excellent analogy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imagine a cluster of homes in the middle of a desert, with a single spring that provides enough water for everyone’s needs. The community has a few liberals, with the rest being conservative and unaffiliated.

The conservatives believe no one person or group should control the well, and that it should simply be available to use at any time by those who need it. The liberals decide they should be allowed to take control of the well, and control who can have water, and when, and how much, because they know better about how much water everyone needs.

When the liberals announce their plans to take over the well, the conservatives politely say they wish they wouldn’t do that because no one should have control of the well. The unaffiliated really have no idea, but the liberals do seem pretty smart and the conservatives haven’t really offered much of an argument.

As the liberals begin putting up fences around the well, the conservatives tell them they wish they wouldn’t do that, but don’t actually try to stop them because control of the well is not something anyone should try to gain.

After liberals take control of the well, the conservatives will sit around, sick from dehydration, complaining about the liberals having control of the well and how badly the liberals have screwed up the community by rationing water that doesn’t need to be rationed. When one of the younger children asks one of the conservative adults why they don’t take control of the well and allow everyone to have more water, the child will be told that taking control of the well would violate their principals, because “no one group should have control of the well - not even us.”

And it’s like this with every single issue.

Excellent analogy.

Dig a well.

There’s two problems. 1)You let liberals/authoritarians in, 2) you won’t just dig a well.

If you let people control you it’s because you’ve decided their authority over you is preferable to autonomy.

The problem we have isn’t a lack of resources it’s a lack of wherewithal. Wherewithal is a creation of necessity.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:12:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I fail to see how not wanting your children indoctrinated with LBQBT+++, Communism, or dependence on "free" stuff as being selfish.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:14:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Dig a well.

There’s two problems. 1)You let liberals in, 2) you won’t just dig a well.
View Quote

Why would I dig a well when me and 6 of my friends can take up arms and seize the spring and use it to elevate our position and further our own goals and reward those who support us and to the detriment of those who don't fall in behind us?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:22:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Why would I dig a well when me and 6 of my friends can take up arms and seize the spring and use it to elevate our position and further our own goals and reward those who support us and to the detriment of those who don't fall in behind us?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dig a well.

There’s two problems. 1)You let liberals in, 2) you won’t just dig a well.

Because you just want to grill for heavens sake?
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#37]
conservatives are the ones giving to charity willingly AFTER they are being stolen from to force give charity via the government
Most conservatives have a problem when their money is being sent to things that want to kill, ruin or destroy anything conservatives value.
Link Posted: 2/2/2023 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#38]
It’s selfishness but that list isn’t the root, it’s a survival problem not an ideological problem.

Conservatives, at least the ones your probably thinking of HAVE to prioritize certain things because we make our own way.

There are welfare conservatives out there but that’s a whole other animal.

When you take on a mortgage and car payments and you have character, you have to prioritize work to maintain those things and get ahead. When your on government assistance you have the luxury of being able to put things before work.

Conservatives think about the future. That is a strength that the left has turned into a weakness of ours. So even though my mortgage bills are paid l, I still need to work overtime because my vehicle might break down, my AC could go out…etc.

Politics is perfectly positioned take advantage of the more prevalent concerned about the now types.  

But that’s not all of the problem in that regard. As basic necessities become more expensive, conservatives become more restricted by their own financial independence. It used to be that you could put yourself at risk for a cause without putting your wife and kids livelihood at risk. The house and cars are paid off so your leaving them assets if you get arrested or fired for protesting. Now you leave them debt they can’t afford on one income. And for those that could afford to a couple years ago are facing needing all of both incomes to cover the inflated cost of goods.

Like I have said here many times, one has to be willing to risk everything now for a little political change.

I’d love to go get a job at the school. Problem is that’s where my wife works and we can’t afford to both work there. Same with local government or municipal jobs. But hey, at least my wife does.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top