Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/14/2022 1:26:10 PM EDT
...According to some idiotic study:

https://nypost.com/2022/05/13/having-3-or-more-kids-could-make-you-literally-lose-your-mind-study/

Wonder how humanity survived all this time. Having two children is barely natural replacement. Who is going to support all the elderly retired folks? Looks like there is an agenda behind this study.

Signed - proud parent of 3 kids.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I think having one kid would make me insane.  Luckily I’ll never know for sure
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends on the demographic.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:30:02 PM EDT
[#3]
My mom had 3 kids and was crazy. Granted she was already crazy before the kids according to the famliy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:30:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I like having four kids. If I was rich I would go for a few more.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#5]
2 are expensive enough. Took care of that issue after that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Rich is subjective in this case
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Everyone else should have lots of kids. We need to stop the environmentalist from breeding.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quantity limits only apply if you are White.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Everyone else should have lots of kids. We need to stop the environmentalist from breeding.
View Quote

Cool. If you'll just spot me an extra few thousand dollars a year to pay for having more kids ....
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 1:49:08 PM EDT
[#10]
I have 8 lol. Know plenty of people with similar or more. We kinda live in a bubble though.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have 8 lol. Know plenty of people with similar or more. We kinda live in a bubble though.
View Quote

7 here.  I wish I had more.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Don’t have kids? Enjoy your replacement streaming over the border to take your life’s work.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I have 3, and I am closest to my youngest. I wouldn't have done it any differently.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#14]
The study was conducted in Europe.  Has little to do with having and raising children here in the U.S.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:07:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Cool. If you'll just spot me an extra few thousand dollars a year to pay for having more kids ....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They get cheaper every year. Although my basement is full of tubs of clothes.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:08:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

7 here.  I wish I had more.
View Quote

6 here, been married to my wonderful wife for 23 years next week. All raised on a single income, machinist wages. Don't need to be rich, just need to know where priorities and goals are :)
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Just had my third on the tenth. Fuck the left.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

. Same.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#19]
The jump from 2 to 3 was much harder than I expected. My youngest is 2 & 1/2 now and I feel like we just got everything dialed in. It’s chaos, but I wouldn’t trade it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#20]
3 kids here and 2 of them are Irish twins. (15 months apart) We would have had a forth if it wasn't for a genetic syndrome.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#21]
My oldest is 22 and my youngest is 8.  Right now I have all of my boys (22, 19, 12 and 8) working together in my greenhouse building some walls and grow beds.  My 17yo daughter is working on her truck, my 21yo daughter is working on a horse pen at her house and my 10yo daughter is working with her mom.

I can’t afford not to have a big family.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:44:24 PM EDT
[#22]
In case you guys, especially white folks haven't figured out, the reason they want immigrants to flood this country, legal and illegal, is because you guys would rather have "stuff" than reproduce.

Look at every family of color, they have 4+ children. White families generally have 2-3, and they're done.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Actually got confronted in San Francisco at a grocery store with my kids for being a breeder and worsening climate change.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:03:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Actually got confronted in San Francisco at a grocery store with my kids for being a breeder and worsening climate change.
View Quote

I like to tell people increasing our population will help push us off this rock.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:27:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who was the Karen? What did you answer?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#26]
And yet, we have a people shortage and need to import millions who don't share our culture.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

6 here, been married to my wonderful wife for 23 years next week. All raised on a single income, machinist wages. Don't need to be rich, just need to know where priorities and goals are :)
View Quote

You are blessed & I am happy for you.

<- 3 kids, married 30 years, single income engineer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#28]
It's not the kids. It's the tax subsidies and other handouts.  

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Depends on the demographic.
View Quote

Aaaaannndd thread/
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:16:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Yea, but when I was in the (Army/Navy/Air Force/Marines/Blackwater/ICE/Whatever works) I (machinegunned/cluster bombed/napalmed/called in artillery/shot/executed) over 200 (Iraqi/Illegal Alien/Afghanistani/Vietnamese/transgendered) school kids. So I've done my part to reduce world population."

Pick the options that make the most sense considering your age and other factors. Say it with a straight face, and walk off.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

"Yea, but when I was in the (Army/Navy/Air Force/Marines/Blackwater/ICE/Whatever works) I (machinegunned/cluster bombed/napalmed/called in artillery/shot/executed) over 200 (Iraqi/Illegal Alien/Afghanistani/Vietnamese/transgendered) school kids. So I've done my part to reduce world population."

Pick the options that make the most sense considering your age and other factors. Say it with a straight face, and walk off.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Who was the Karen? What did you answer?
View Quote
Wasn’t 1 it was a small group of late 30s or early 40s liberal white women in Haight Ashbury area.
Middle aged liberal women at a high end grocery store. First time anyone said some shit like that to me in front of my kids who were very young. I was caught off guard and didn’t say shit. Just stared at them with a are you out of your fucking mind look. My ex was down the street shopping so I just got the kids away from there.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#33]
I have four. The amount of stupid things people say to you is ridiculous. Like “you know how that happens, right?” “Y’all must be busy!” “Four!?!?” “I mean, how much attention can you really give each of them”
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:35:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. If I had more money I would have had more kids.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#35]
Three would have been a handful.

We only have one but started very late however could have managed with two.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#36]
It's only bad if you're unfit. Thankfully for the unfit the following is true in every way...

IDIOCRACY Opening Scene (2006) Mike Judge

Eugenics might have been completely batshit stupid in the details but the goal and mechanism wasn't. I mean, if you want to make a better world population, start with the best genes. Unfortunately, when you choose that course of action you inevitably run up against the fact that most of the people in the world are just a little too stupid to live and if you get rid of them then you'll have nobody left as an underclass that gets to do all the servant work so you end up having to keep a fairly large population of them around and they're pretty prone to rising up indignantly to generations of accumulated indignation.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#37]
I have 3 kids.
Study is accurate.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure. Mail me a stipend check for about $15k per year per extra kid over my one and I’ll get right on that.

Also, we are too old to have any more of our own so we will have to adopt them. That typically costs about $30k, I’ll need that paid for as part of the up front starting cost as well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#39]
I was the kid on the dirt bike in the opening scene.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:43:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
3 kids here and 2 of them are Irish twins. (15 months apart) We would have had a forth if it wasn't for a genetic syndrome.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not Irish twins! Link

What Are Irish Twins?
Years ago, when two children were born within 12 months of each other, people often referred to them as "Irish twins." And when three children were born to the same mother within three years, they were called "Irish triplets." (begin feelz) But today these phrases are considered outdated and are less frequently used, particularly because their origins come from a derogatory stereotype of poor Irish Catholic families having lots of kids close together.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

https://nypost.com/2022/05/13/having-3-or-more-kids-could-make-you-literally-lose-your-mind-study/

Wonder how humanity survived all this time. Having two children is barely natural replacement. Who is going to support all the elderly retired folks? Looks like there is an agenda behind this study.

View Quote

Don’t worry. The sheer stress of being constantly broke despite making more money than I’ve ever made will ensure that my ass is dead and buried well before old age / retirement ever becomes a concern.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#42]
We have two now, it’s ok. More of a man to man defense. But if we added more we would have to switch to zone….
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#44]
My mother was ninth out of 16.

Grandma lived to 103.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#45]
GFY
FJB
AOC
FBI
ATF
TRM - That's Thomas Robert Malthus to you.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#46]
See Sig line.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Leftist cocks hate large families as it goes against their depopulation agenda.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Daaaaang! I don't know how you do it dude. We've got four and our house is a circus.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:00:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes another testament to over reach and how OPINION not decency runs our country. Here's the answer to stupidity like this. They are incorrect.  
Also again another attack on the family.  NY Post is no surprise. When they pay my bills and taxes and mortgage...they can tell me how many kids to have. Every child is a blessing and the destruction of the core family unit is the reason this world sucks. These people are going to realize that very soon.

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#50]
3 or more? Less and less are even having 1.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top