Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2019 8:46:45 PM EDT
I bought a glock a while back, it came with a RMR.

I sold the glock today minus the RMR and still made $300.

So i was thinking about ordering a mount for my free RMR to put on an AR, but i wanted to see if anyone else is using one with good results first.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I had an orange one on my 12.5" 5.56 AR pistol.  I could make hits to 400yds with it, the top of the triangle zeroed for 50yds and the bottom for 400, stick the triangle on the target in between and start hosing.

But-

Orange sucks.  You can only see in bright daylight, get green.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my RMR RM05 on a 9" SBR though it is not an AR.  It is the only optic so far that I have tried that fits all my criteria.
Link Posted: 6/10/2019 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots do, considering one for my honey badger for a nv capable red dot.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 12:08:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I’ve got one on a short 9mm AR pistol. Mount could be a bit taller. It works well and keeps the gun super small.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 12:22:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I’m always looking for a cheap, nice looking mount. I got a RMR01 on a trade and can’t justify $100+ to mount it...
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 12:28:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Yes, mostly for shooting 3-gun don't have to dick with transitioning away from say 8 power if I don't want to or to save a second or so. The Trijicon offset mount is pretty nice as well though spendy
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#8]
They work better as "back up" red dots for your LPVO or high magnification variable power scope.  Some mount above the scope, or a 45 degree mount off the top rail.  Apparently the advantage being, the RMR can be left on for the instant availability of a red dot, since the RMR has super long battery life, while the scope can be turned on when you need the longer shot with a lighted reticle, or non lighted reticle.

Regardless of how you use it, the RMR is a top notch sight.  The red dot ones tend to be more visible whether day or night.  The greens and yellows tend to disappear with certain backgrounds.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 1:05:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I’m not a fan of using the RMR on an AR but it’s mainly just a preference thing.  I’ve used them that way and have had multiple students use them with zero problems
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 1:12:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I run a Leupold Deltapoint on an AK and like it a lot.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 2:28:40 AM EDT
[#11]
theres already a tech thread going on this exact topic if you wanted additional input.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Trijicon-RMR-AR/18-740798/
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 2:32:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I use an RMR on my ar pistol and can hit steel at 300 quite easily with it.

Link Posted: 6/11/2019 2:51:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I have shot pistols with the RMR's on them and think they are great.

I have shot rifles with RMR's on them and am not a fan. IDK if it is just me but their small size makes them hard to pick up quickly if running any type of drills.

YMMV
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 2:57:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use an RMR on my ar pistol and can hit steel at 300 quite easily with it.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/34xgilz.jpg
View Quote
I have a similar setup on a 10.5" AR pistol. I'm currently using an RM01 (3.25 MOA), but would love to try an RM09 (1 MOA).

I love how sleek and lightweight it is, and have had no issues at all hitting steel out to 200 yards. As mentioned, the slight fisheye and discoloration of the lens can be annoying at times, but hasn't caused any real problems with actual shooting yet.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 3:15:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Yes, it'll work for you just fine. Mine worked great, did exactly what it was supposed to do. I like Aimpoints slightly more but not so much more that I would get one if I had a free RMR already.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 3:17:36 AM EDT
[#16]
I had a deltapoint pro that was sweet as hell.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 4:06:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Fwiw, Cabela's was including UTG mounts with RMRs last year when they were on sale, and they're not too bad for a cheap mount. As long as you can live without a QD feature, they're a perfect mount just to see if you like using the RMR, before spending the money on a better mount. Considering they're on sale for $15 right now, what do you have to lose?

https://www.cabelas.com/product/UTG-RMR-MOUNT/2588473.uts

Link Posted: 6/11/2019 5:57:35 AM EDT
[#18]
I did.

After less than an hour of shooting in the rain I had to take it off. The water was causing the dot to fracture (not sure if that's actually a term but it was just a red screen and the water on both sides of the lense made buis worthless). Nothing worked to try and clear it.

I used one to good effect all hunting season on my shockwave in rain and snow. I was able to flick the water out of the sight then.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 6:16:11 AM EDT
[#19]
I picked one up for my work rifle project when I was putting that one together. I figured the diminutive size would go well with the overall reduced aspect of the rifle project
Took it off and went back to a RDS when I realized that in the rain the triangle disappears.
Can't have that in a rifle that's expected to be out in all sorts of weather and time of day.
Now it sits on my subcaliber AR which is at best a range/ training toy.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 6:16:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Fwiw, Cabela's was including UTG mounts with RMRs last year when they were on sale, and they're not too bad for a cheap mount. As long as you can live without a QD feature, they're a perfect mount just to see if you like using the RMR, before spending the money on a better mount. Considering they're on sale for $15 right now, what do you have to lose?

https://www.cabelas.com/product/UTG-RMR-MOUNT/2588473.uts

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.evLte5qgjIisZ8PoEtWwqwAAAA&w=150&h=150&c=7&o=5&dpr=4&pid=1.7
View Quote
Seconded. I was shocked at how nice this mount was especially considering the price and the cost of alternatives.
Link Posted: 6/11/2019 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I did.

After less than an hour of shooting in the rain I had to take it off. The water was causing the dot to fracture (not sure if that's actually a term but it was just a red screen and the water on both sides of the lense made buis worthless). Nothing worked to try and clear it.

I used one to good effect all hunting season on my shockwave in rain and snow. I was able to flick the water out of the sight then.
View Quote
Rainwater is one of my major concerns, but I haven't experienced any problems yet. Since my application is more for home defense, it's not as likely to be an issue, but it is something to be aware of.

The Aimpoint ACRO has solved that issue, but at the expense of a bulkier housing.

I also like the looks of the new Trijicon SRO, but I don't know if they found a way to protect the beam or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top