Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/30/2019 1:21:42 PM EDT
I think I finished Ep 2, and realized it was absolutely terrible. Netflix sure is reaching out to the SF crowd, but their misses about double or treble their hits.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:24:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Got 20 minutes into Ep1...I couldn't do it.

Garbage.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 1:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
They managed to make a scifi series with Katee Sackhoff unwatchable. Quite the achievement.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I also tried to watch it and could not.  total SJW bullshit including token transgender "person"  fuck Netflix.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:11:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Watched all of it. It sux.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Almost did last night, but watched Hunter killer instead.

Sounds like I made a good choice.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 4:55:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Haven't yet.  I watched The Boys on Amazon Prime over my weekend,  and was going to try this next. I'll give it at least one episode probably.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also tried to watch it and could not.  total SJW bullshit including token transgender "person"  fuck Netflix.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:31:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I tried to.  Even with Katie Sackoff it's a total fail boat.  I ejected.
Link Posted: 7/30/2019 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I procured it from Netflix but haven't watched it yet.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
~Watched all of it.~
View Quote
Someone is a glutton for punishment.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Got almost all the way through 1st episode last night. I'm guessing it doesn't get better.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 12:21:42 PM EDT
[#12]
I think I am on episode 4 or 5. It's a mess.... but I think I am into messy things
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Netflix content sucks.  Their original series are generally terrible.  Were it not for my kids enjoying a couple series, I would cancel.  When their lease on Parks, the Office, Mad Men and the like expire, there will be a mass exodus.  That and competition from other streaming services.  It's not looking good for them unless they hire new content directors and start putting money where it needs to go, rather than crap SJW comedians and former politicians receiving payout for screeching at their clapping seals.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
When they have a good sci-fi series (Travelers) they can it. This crap will probably go 6 seasons.
Link Posted: 8/4/2019 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Tried to watch it last night. My wife ripped it apart and went to bed before we finished episode 3.

How did a series this terrible get made? Who would put of capital for "Instagramers in space"?

The most important mission in human history and we send 20 somethings with no discipline and no chain or authority?
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 8:41:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When they have a good sci-fi series (Travelers) they can it. This crap will probably go 6 seasons.
View Quote
No way.  It has a 4.7 on IMDb.  A show has to be an abysmal POS to get a 4.7.  The highest ranking demographic is 18-29 year old females, at a 6.0.  That's not going to sustain an ongoing series.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Netflix content sucks.  Their original series are generally terrible.  Were it not for my kids enjoying a couple series, I would cancel.  When their lease on Parks, the Office, Mad Men and the like expire, there will be a mass exodus.  That and competition from other streaming services.  It's not looking good for them unless they hire new content directors and start putting money where it needs to go, rather than crap SJW comedians and former politicians receiving payout for screeching at their clapping seals.
View Quote
Well, we know that isn't gonna happen
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#18]
GURLLL PWERRRRRRR

one of the girls has a penis btw ;)
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#19]
It's bloody awful.

Yeah, I watched the entire thing, learn from my mistake. Don't do that.
Link Posted: 8/5/2019 10:12:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm still watching because i hate nice things.

Update: i don't usually quit on the second to last episode of any series much less a 10 episode one but its just too gay to proceed, even the one cute chick getting gang banged had to have hairy pits.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 10:21:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm still watching because i hate nice things.

Update: i don't usually quit on the second to last episode of any series much less a 10 episode one but its just too gay to proceed, even the one cute chick getting gang banged had to have hairy pits.  
View Quote
Wait....there is a gang bang?
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 1:02:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Young mechanic chick gets railed by both of her subordinates.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Good show, though I feel like most networks today try to force gay lifestyles into shows.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 2:41:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I have watched two episodes.
When their humongous ship lost power and they claimed that they would run out of air in five hours ...
Maybe five days.

Where do they get the "writers" and advisors for these things?

Now I understand why Netflix no longer allows user comments on the various shows.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#26]
It's really fucking bad.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I didn't make it out of episode 1

Some of you guys must be a glutton for punishment

Probably has to be the laziest sci-fi I've ever watched

Society on earth looks like it would in about 2025, except they have massive faster-than-light speed ships that for some reason still need gravity assists from stars and by the way, we can communicate via instantaneous holographic video ignoring the laws of physics.  Ignores the time dilation that occurs when you travel at light speed and beyond, I presume.

Add in the SJW bullshit and its just a steaming pot of fermented horse shit

Have no fear.  Season 4 of The Expanse is coming this fall/winter, and was just renewed for Season 5.  Cibola Burn was one of my favorite books and I can't wait to see them bring that story arc to life in season 4.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 3:37:39 PM EDT
[#28]
FPNI

SPNI

Only got to the ‘woke up early and talking out our uncomfortable feeling’ scene.

What a piece of junk.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#29]
One episode in and I was out, it’s shit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#30]
I considered it, then looked up reviews online. I think I found only one positive review, and it gave it a positive review for all the wrong reasons.

Netflix is starting to get into a bad slump in that their in house shows are drastically dropping in quality. They are also pulling the plug on several of their newer shows because of that, and I imagine this show will get the axe shortly.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I fast forwarded through maybe 2/3 of it.  I always do.  Whenever stuff gets boring or to philosophical I just fast forward.  You rarely miss anything crucial.  The end got good and I am looking forward to another season.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#32]
I watched the whole thing.  The first few episodes were hard to stay with but it did get better towards the end to the point that I actually wanted to stay with it and finish it.  With that said, it's still horrendously incompetent.

Choosing a set of 20 something drama queens to crew the most important mission of all time.  The earth based operation to study the alien artifact looks like a moderately funded archaeological dig at best.  Each episode is comprised of a series of unfortunate mishaps which do very little to actually advance the greater story with only a few exceptions.

My bottom line is that the general premise of the series is really great.  Who wouldn't want to explore the idea of what happens after finding evidence of an intelligent alien civilization on some theoretically reachable system?  The way they actually went about executing it is another matter all together.

It's a bummer because the final episode sets up a potentially massive fictional universe where you could really go to town with Season 2 and beyond but who the hell is going to stick around with the same clowns filming the next installment of this turd?
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 12:25:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I watched the whole thing.  The first few episodes were hard to stay with but it did get better towards the end to the point that I actually wanted to stay with it and finish it.  With that said, it's still horrendously incompetent.

Choosing a set of 20 something drama queens to crew the most important mission of all time.  The earth based operation to study the alien artifact looks like a moderately funded archaeological dig at best.  Each episode is comprised of a series of unfortunate mishaps which do very little to actually advance the greater story with only a few exceptions.  

My bottom line is that the general premise of the series is really great.  Who wouldn't want to explore the idea of what happens after finding evidence of an intelligent alien civilization on some theoretically reachable system?  The way they actually went about executing it is another matter all together.

It's a bummer because the final episode sets up a potentially massive fictional universe where you could really go to town with Season 2 and beyond but who the hell is going to stick around with the same clowns filming the next installment of this turd?
View Quote
yeah it felt like they were trying to do a "Lost in Space" thing but it didnt come off right since the main mission was finding aliens.
Link Posted: 8/7/2019 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Got 20 minutes into Ep1...I couldn't do it.

Garbage.
View Quote
Same
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
yeah it felt like they were trying to do a "Lost in Space" thing but it didnt come off right since the main mission was finding aliens.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get they had to fill 10 episodes.  It would have been far better if it was arranged like this:

Episode 1:  Characters are introduced, artifact pops up on Earth's sensors and finally touches down at the end of the episode.  
Episode 2:  Artifact is explored, Earth starts making plans to send the mission
Episode 3:  Mission preparations are made and the ship launches by the end of the episode
Episode 4-9:  Basically compress the voyage from 9 episodes to 6 episodes
Episode 10:  No changes to the basic plot.

Of course, you'd still have to fix the shitty casting, directing, and writing but it'd be a start.

It was a huge missed opportunity for them to have 10 episodes to fill yet literally cut right to the chase within minutes of Episode 1 starting...and the chase lasts for 9 more episodes.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#36]
I dropped Netflix a few months back. For the most part there content sucks. I might sign back up for a month to watch season 3 of Stranger Things but I haven’t decided if it’s worth it.
Link Posted: 8/9/2019 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Tried it last night and fast forwarded it a bit to see if it got better , nope garbage SJW bull.
Link Posted: 9/8/2019 11:54:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I didn't make it out of episode 1

Some of you guys must be a glutton for punishment

Probably has to be the laziest sci-fi I've ever watched

Society on earth looks like it would in about 2025, except they have massive faster-than-light speed ships that for some reason still need gravity assists from stars and by the way, we can communicate via instantaneous holographic video ignoring the laws of physics.  Ignores the time dilation that occurs when you travel at light speed and beyond, I presume.

Add in the SJW bullshit and its just a steaming pot of fermented horse shit

Have no fear.  Season 4 of The Expanse is coming this fall/winter, and was just renewed for Season 5.  Cibola Burn was one of my favorite books and I can't wait to see them bring that story arc to life in season 4.
View Quote
These threads got me to give the Expanse another try.  Lost interest the first time 1 or 2 episodes in.  This time I got to season 3 before I just couldn't give af anymore.  They killed the cop (only likeable guy on the whole show imo), the self righteous douche from Montana is with the smart, saucy black genius woman (), the quiet tough white guy is completely subservient to the female POC for mysterious (and likely asinine) reasons, the muzzie/hindu pretends to be a cowboy, the other female POC's are both 2 dimensional af, hindu secretary lady is perfect and the only one in politics that doesn't do deep state shit and sounds like an 80 year old man, and the angry Martian Marine Sergeant... god she's the worst of the bunch.  Besides scowl, does that bitch even do anything?

Oh and the only good guys from Earth, the fleet admiral and the former Marine now leader of the Belters- both black males.  Noble and self sacrificing af, ready to sacrifice careers to do the right thing.  We're done here
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#39]
The writers just jumbled up every sci-fi trope they could think of...not a single original idea in the show.  Total garbage.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The writers just jumbled up every sci-fi trope they could think of...not a single original idea in the show.  Total garbage.
View Quote
bUt mAyBe tHe AliEnS sPeAk PiGeOn!?

Fuck it was bad.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 12:16:45 AM EDT
[#41]
The most important mission in Human history and they send a ship full of MTV Temptation Island skanks to fuck them?

The scientist hired to figure out how to communicate is fired because he can't get a response in a month?

I think I made it to the end of the 1st episode, I don't care to go further.
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 12:57:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

These threads got me to give the Expanse another try.  Lost interest the first time 1 or 2 episodes in.  This time I got to season 3 before I just couldn't give af anymore.  They killed the cop (only likeable guy on the whole show imo), the self righteous douche from Montana is with the smart, saucy black genius woman (), the quiet tough white guy is completely subservient to the female POC for mysterious (and likely asinine) reasons, the muzzie/hindu pretends to be a cowboy, the other female POC's are both 2 dimensional af, hindu secretary lady is perfect and the only one in politics that doesn't do deep state shit and sounds like an 80 year old man, and the angry Martian Marine Sergeant... god she's the worst of the bunch.  Besides scowl, does that bitch even do anything?

Oh and the only good guys from Earth, the fleet admiral and the former Marine now leader of the Belters- both black males.  Noble and self sacrificing af, ready to sacrifice careers to do the right thing.  We're done here
View Quote
Dude, you're drunk, stop typing.

The Expanse has to be one of the better Sci Fi shows out there.   Your description of the characters and plot are
Link Posted: 10/7/2019 1:08:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the warnings.

I was thinking about it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The Expanse has to be one of the better Sci Fi shows out there.   Your description of the characters and plot are
View Quote
He kinda sounds like a liberal, obsessed with race, and intersectionality.

It's a good show, with an exciting plot, great SFX, and pretty likeable characters. I don't care what race they are, nor do I care how they interact. Holden, the captain, is a reluctant leader, and the "black chick" is just a natural leader. Shit like that happens all the time in the real world. Hundreds of years from now, humanity will all be brown anyway.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

He kinda sounds like a liberal, obsessed with race, and intersectionality.

It's a good show, with an exciting plot, great SFX, and pretty likeable characters. I don't care what race they are, nor do I care how they interact. Holden, the captain, is a reluctant leader, and the "black chick" is just a natural leader. Shit like that happens all the time in the real world. Hundreds of years from now, humanity will all be brown anyway.
View Quote
Let's keep it friendly---fish223
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Feel free to take my criticisms and add some nuance, Idaho.
Link Posted: 10/11/2019 11:57:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Good show, though I feel like most networks today try to force gay lifestyles into shows.
View Quote
Sense8. I’m pretty much a live & let live kind of guy but god damn, that was over the top even considering who made it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 10:46:27 AM EDT
[#48]
thanks----fish223
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 7:48:31 PM EDT
[#49]
I made it to episode 8. I kept hoping it would get better. The fat guy kissing on the tranny and the other two guys kissing while they double teamed the other chick was too much.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 4:08:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Watched just because of Sackhoff, but it was baaaad.  I can't believe they gave it a second season.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top