BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rcav8r:
Any bets that they'll have problems fundraising for season 5?
View Quote

Yep. How they handle this issue will have a major impact on show support. Pray that they come out on the right side of this issue and not dodge it with a trite “we support our cast and crew no matter what.”
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 6:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By leib109:

Yep. How they handle this issue will have a major impact on show support. Pray that they come out on the right side of this issue and not dodge it with a trite “we support our cast and crew no matter what.”
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That seems to be the position they've taken considering what has been said, and what has not been said.

Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Anastasios:

That seems to be the position they've taken considering what has been said, and what has not been said.

View Quote

Sadly, I think you’re right. It’s getting harder and harder to support the show, but so far it hasn’t impacted the content yet. I don’t think I’ll financially support it anymore though.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:35:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Brylan Riggs youtube channel went in depth with this. One actor says he stands with the pride flag and if you don’t like it beat it. We don’t want you as a fan. Another actor agreed with the statement and has a lot pride stuff , anti 2a feeling.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 8:23:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#5]
Originally Posted By skillet73:
Brylan Riggs youtube channel went in depth with this. One actor says he stands with the pride flag and if you don’t like it beat it. We don’t want you as a fan. Another actor agreed with the statement and has a lot pride stuff , anti 2a feeling.
View Quote

Although irritating, this doesn’t trouble me as much. We’ve known for a long time that a lot of people associated with the show aren’t believers and so this sort of response isn’t unexpected. I’m much more interested in the response from those with creative control, like Dallas. But knowing him and his usual disregard for external criticism, he’s going to blow it off and try to maintain peace between cast and crew. And so far, he’s done exactly that.

Again, I think I will continue to watch the show, but I’m afraid that the warning signs are continuing to pile up with the show, such as the reticence to talk about Hell and the judgment to come. Dallas is going to have to come out strongly against the sin of homosexuality if he wants to save this show. If he doesn’t and he tries to please man instead of God, it is going to collapse.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 12:04:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: H46Driver] [#6]
View Quote

Didn't the show get a big cash infusion from Elon Musk venture capital?
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:34:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ngc1300] [#7]
Apparently one sodomite on set posts naked picture of himself on social media too (source below).  I've never watched the show as it breaks the 2nd commandment.  It's sad to see Christians so desperate for any representation in media they will latch onto anything that is labeled as "Christian".

Link Posted: 6/4/2023 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Pride flag controversy (Dallas responds)

Dallas Jenkins’s response.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#9]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22GOv9cHVR8

View Quote

I love Dallas, but I don't have to like him or how he runs his business, regardless of the business he's in.

To be clear; there are no shortage of Christians about whom I think of the exact same way.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 6:26:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BTccw] [#10]

View Quote

He’s got a tough job and he’s putting out a pretty good product-but the overwhelming majority of those that support his show are bible believing Christians.
What I just watched was someone gaslighting (it was his personal stuff) and deflecting (giving me clarity-they are not a church) and yet he hopes I will keep financially supporting his product-and paying the salaries of those who hate me. I’ve been abused like that before. Not happening again.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BTccw:

He’s got a tough job and he’s putting out a pretty good product-but the overwhelming majority of those that support his show are bible believing Christians.
What I just watched was someone gaslighting (it was his personal stuff) and deflecting (giving me clarity-they are not a church) and yet he hopes I will keep financially supporting his product-and paying the salaries of those who hate me. I’ve been abused like that before. Not happening again.
View All Quotes

The gaslighting and "let me make this clear" stuff really rubbed me the wrong way.

The show itself started feeling uncomfortable when I noticed an increase in modern idioms being used. I haven't watched it in awhile so can't comment on the newer episodes.

As far as who is hired, I get all that. There will be political and social differences no matter where you work. The thing is, businesses have dress and behavior rules for reasons. He should have "let me make this clear" about those things to his employees early on.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 7:07:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BTccw] [#12]

The gaslighting and "let me make this clear" stuff really rubbed me the wrong way.

The show itself started feeling uncomfortable when I noticed an increase in modern idioms being used. I haven't watched it in awhile so can't comment on the newer episodes.

As far as who is hired, I get all that. There will be political and social differences no matter where you work. The thing is, businesses have dress and behavior rules for reasons. He should have "let me make this clear" about those things to his employees early on.
View All Quotes

Agreed.

Dallas has control over who he hires. This is the life of Jesus. God. THE most spectacular person ever in the history of humanity…… He (Jesus) represents some things…..and clearly stands against others.
Tolerating open rebellion against your product from your “contractors” seems like pretty weak leadership.
Are there no cameramen in Hollywood who are not anti Christianity?  
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Agreed.

Dallas has control over who he hires. This is the life of Jesus. God. THE most spectacular person ever in the history of humanity…… He (Jesus) represents some things…..and clearly stands against others.
Tolerating open rebellion against your product from your “contractors” seems like pretty weak leadership.
There are no cameramen in Hollywood who are not anti Christianity?  
View Quote

Yep. Someone brought up the example of Solomon using pagan craftsmen from Tyre to build the Temple, but I doubt that the craftsmen were allowed to put up images of Baal or Asherah in the construction site.

I think that this is really going to hurt the show in the long run. A lot of people (myself included) already had an uneasy relationship with the show because the subject matter is so serious and even minor deviations from the source material are like walking on thin ice. It’s tough because the show appears to have done good for many people by breaking down their resistance to Christianity and leading them to read the Bible for themselves. At the end of the day, I think time will tell about what fruit is produced on the show itself. Dallas is an imperfect man, but so are the rest of us. As long as the content itself glorifies God (even if some of the cast and crew don’t), I think it’s still worth watching.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 11:19:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BTccw] [#14]
I don’t know how to reduce or withhold support for his program-except financially.

These actors and producers just don’t seem to care if they anger their customer base. The actors think they will just get new jobs as do the producers.

I’m now beginning to wonder how much money Blackrock, Vanguard, or Main Street have pumped into this venture?
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#15]
I enjoy the show. Just read this thread and all the controversy in regards to the show,. I hope "go woke go broke" doesn't happen because I enjoy the show or perhaps it should happen as God's will. Hate woke culture ruining everything I like.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I had apprehensions about this show and now I know I will not support it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#17]

The Chosen makes a false idol of Jesus.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 11:03:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#18]
Originally Posted By ngc1300:
https://i.imgur.com/s7qOrSM.png

View Quote

To be fair, one could say the same thing about pretty much any artistic expression with Christ as the subject matter, from paintings to music.

It looks like they will be taking fans' questions regarding the Pride Flag incident during a livestream on Sunday. I think this is their last chance to make this right.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 1:00:03 AM EDT
[#19]

To be fair, one could say the same thing about pretty much any artistic expression with Christ as the subject matter, from paintings to music.

It looks like they will be taking fans' questions regarding the Pride Flag incident during a livestream on Sunday. I think this is their last chance to make this right.
View All Quotes

Iconoclasm was defeated in the 9th century, Glory to God.

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 6:31:01 AM EDT
[#20]
I think too many people assume whats printed in the Bible are the ONLY words and actions Jesus and the  disciples ever said or did.
No, we don't know what the unwritten things were in real life,  but we can safely assume meals were eaten, idle chatter during their journeys, teaching away from the crowds, and questions asked and answers discussed.
And is it wrong to think they may have told a few jokes among themselves?

I have not seen anything of these background moments that I'd consider sacrilegious.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:25:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#21]
I think too many people assume whats printed in the Bible are the ONLY words and actions Jesus and the  disciples ever said or did.
No, we don't know what the unwritten things were in real life,  but we can safely assume meals were eaten, idle chatter during their journeys, teaching away from the crowds, and questions asked and answers discussed.

I have not seen anything of these background moments that I'd consider sacrilegious.
View Quote

Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written. John 21:25

We know for a fact that there are things that Jesus said and did that are not recorded in the Gospels. Practically His entire life between the time He was at the Temple as a boy and the time he began His ministry is unknown. And so I'm okay with them adding context and filling in gaps we have in Scripture. I'm much less comfortable with them adding direct contradictions to Scripture, which can create confusion in people who are not biblically literate.

Then again, headlines like these are encouraging:

https://www.christianheadlines.com/contributors/michael-foust/popular-actor-in-the-chosen-converts-to-christianity-i-cant-help-but-talk-about-it.html?mibextid=Zxz2cZ
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Would this guy be ok with a devil worshiper working on the set wearing satanic patches and a devil flag displayed in his “work space”? On social media promoting satanic worship?

Probably as long as the money keeps coming in.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:40:43 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

I’m sure those questions will be selected to allow them to reach the stance that open sodomites on the crew is just fine.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 12:48:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Anastasios] [#24]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 6:01:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ngc1300] [#25]

View Quote
You're missing the point.  God put all the important parts for us to know in the Bible. Of course Jesus did other stuff than what's in the Bible, but God didn't deem it important for us to worry about.  

Instead you watch a tv show that portrays our Lord and Savior created by people openly mocking Him with sodomite pride flags. It's 100% evil.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#26]
You're missing the point.  God put all the important parts for us to know in the Bible. Of course Jesus did other stuff than what's in the Bible, but God didn't deem it important for us to worry about.  

Instead you watch a tv show that portrays our Lord and Savior created by people openly mocking Him with sodomite pride flags. It's 100% evil.
View Quote

Wasn't talking about that.  Some folks were upset about the show before that gay stuff happened  
Now its a travesty.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

That's a pretty arrogant statement. Does he believe he is the only one with spiritual discernment to know when they are filling in the blank space to better tell the story and everybody else can't make that discernment?  Perhaps the creators should also be chastized for showing the sun shining when he was teaching or the hole cut in his roof as being square.  

Good grief he needs to yank that stick out of his rectum.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ghengiskhabb:

Does he believe he is the only one with spiritual discernment to know when they are filling in the blank space to better tell the story and everybody else can't make that discernment?

View Quote

I do not know the person who made that statement in the slightest, but I do agree with the point.  Did he claim he had the spiritual discernment to fill in the blanks?

Creating false Biblical accounts is 100% heretical.  This is an entire TV series created to do just that.  The show is being made by people who openly mock God with sodomite pride flags.  I have concerns for Christians who lack discernment to see this show for what it is.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 8:35:54 AM EDT
[#29]

I do not know the person who made that statement in the slightest, but I do agree with the point.  Did he claim he had the spiritual discernment to fill in the blanks?

Creating false Biblical accounts is 100% heretical.  This is an entire TV series created to do just that.  The show is being made by people who openly mock God with sodomite pride flags.  I have concerns for Christians who lack discernment to see this show for what it is.
View Quote

Well said, and I agree.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 9:27:26 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

I would agree if the show had passed itself off as a replacement or supplement to Scripture, but it has always specifically disclaimed that from its inception and has always stated that Scripture is (obviously) superior to anything in the show.

I know this has been discussed elsewhere, but any form of Christian art or music necessarily has some amount of artistic input into the purity of Scripture. Under this logic, all Christian art is heretical and should be discarded. Of course we should always defer to Scripture and be mindful not to contradict it, but I don’t think it’s helpful to chuck the baby out with the bathwater either.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 10:11:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ghengiskhabb] [#31]
View All Quotes

He stood in judgment of somebody declared that "filling in the white space" and somehow that is "mocking God". That form of "Christianity" is one of the worst possible forms: absolute hypocricy. The bible is the stories of people whose lives consisted of more than the brief 20 words on the page that may have been written about them. They didn't pop into existence and pop out of existence simply for their paragraph in the bible. They have lives and struggles and came to Jesus or didn't come to Jesus for various reasons. Thinking about those reasons isn't a crime. What they did with the struggles of Nicodemus was fantastic, even though his struggle isn't spelled out in the text, the text provides evidence that he struggled. And further, their portrayal gives depth to the struggles of those in the priesthood who came to the conclusion that Jesus is the Christ (Acts 6:7) and how much they may have lost by reaching that conclusion.

Creating false Biblical accounts is 100% heretical.  This is an entire TV series created to do just that.

What was "false" that they asserted was undeniably true? They are telling the story of Jesus from 3 accounts that are similar and a 4th account that is impossible to reconcile into a coherent narrative with the other three. For example Jesus driving people out of the temple occurs at the beginning of John and at the end of the synoptics. They don't make the claim that they are rewriting the scriptures or making a new equivalent of scripure, they are trying to tell the story of Jesus to the audience in the medium that the current audience can digest, and they advise the audience to go back to the primary sources for more more information.

The show is being made by people who openly mock God with sodomite pride flags.  I have concerns for Christians who lack discernment to see this show for what it is.

The show is being made by somebody who loves the Lord and has dedicated himself to that task using his talents and skills to get the message out. He has hired some people who flew a gay pride flag. The gay person isn't obligated to worship God any more than the pagan workers Solomon hired  to build the temple. We don't live in Dark Age Europe, we live in post Christian America.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 6:33:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ngc1300] [#32]

He stood in judgment of somebody declared that "filling in the white space" and somehow that is "mocking God". That form of "Christianity" is one of the worst possible forms: absolute hypocricy. The bible is the stories of people whose lives consisted of more than the brief 20 words on the page that may have been written about them. They didn't pop into existence and pop out of existence simply for their paragraph in the bible. They have lives and struggles and came to Jesus or didn't come to Jesus for various reasons. Thinking about those reasons isn't a crime. What they did with the struggles of Nicodemus was fantastic, even though his struggle isn't spelled out in the text, the text provides evidence that he struggled. And further, their portrayal gives depth to the struggles of those in the priesthood who came to the conclusion that Jesus is the Christ (Acts 6:7) and how much they may have lost by reaching that conclusion.

What was "false" that they asserted was undeniably true? They are telling the story of Jesus from 3 accounts that are similar and a 4th account that is impossible to reconcile into a coherent narrative with the other three. For example Jesus driving people out of the temple occurs at the beginning of John and at the end of the synoptics. They don't make the claim that they are rewriting the scriptures or making a new equivalent of scripure, they are trying to tell the story of Jesus to the audience in the medium that the current audience can digest, and they advise the audience to go back to the primary sources for more more information.

The show is being made by somebody who loves the Lord and has dedicated himself to that task using his talents and skills to get the message out. He has hired some people who flew a gay pride flag. The gay person isn't obligated to worship God any more than the pagan workers Solomon hired  to build the temple. We don't live in Dark Age Europe, we live in post Christian America.
View Quote

The show has many conversations and actions of Jesus which are fabricated, therefore not true.  I would expect a Christian to understand why falsified stories about Jesus (even for entertainment) are blasphemous.

Additionally, it's not just the pride flag, several of the actors have came forward and said they promote unrepentant sin as well. The show runner also turns a blind eye to the promotion of sin.

The Bible actually covers such situations:
"Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad, for the tree is known by its fruit. You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil."

A production that is full of bad fruit behind the scenes is not bringing forth good.
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#33]

The show has many conservations and actions of Jesus which are fabricated, therefore not true.  I would expect a Christian to understand why falsified stories about Jesus (even for entertainment) are blasphemous.

Additionally, it's not just the pride flag, several of the actors have came forward and said they promote unrepentant sin as well. The show runner also turns a blind eye to the promotion of sin.

The Bible actually covers such situations:
"Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad, for the tree is known by its fruit. You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. The good person out of his good treasure brings forth good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure brings forth evil."

A production that is full of bad fruit behind the scenes is not bringing forth good.
View Quote

I mean, the actual fruit of the show seems to be getting people who were either non-Christians or lukewarm Christians to read their Bibles more and pray more. I don’t see how they are worse off than where they were before watching.
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Cross posting, if I may, from the other thread:

I have been waiting to see even one iota of repentance from him.

I look deeper and this is what I see:

"Pragmatism is a school of philosophy that arose in the late nineteenth century in the United States. It is rooted in the teachings of men like John Stuart Mill who had a great formative influence in philosophers such as John Dewey who applied pragmatism to education and William James who applied it to religion. These men taught that the way to determine truth was to examine practical results. Having been founded by philosophers, pragmatism was cemented into the Western mindset by the Industrial Revolution..."

https://www.challies.com/articles/challenges-to-the-church-pragmatism/

I think Jenkins is justifying his position with the results.

"Pragmatism is a philosophical tradition that considers words and thought as tools and instruments for prediction, problem solving, and action, and rejects the idea that the function of thought is to describe, represent, or mirror reality. Pragmatists contend that most philosophical topics—such as the nature of knowledge, language, concepts, meaning, belief, and science—are all best viewed in terms of their practical uses and successes..."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pragmatism
Link Posted: 6/14/2023 12:49:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#35]

"Pragmatism is a school of philosophy that arose in the late nineteenth century in the United States. It is rooted in the teachings of men like John Stuart Mill who had a great formative influence in philosophers such as John Dewey who applied pragmatism to education and William James who applied it to religion. These men taught that the way to determine truth was to examine practical results. Having been founded by philosophers, pragmatism was cemented into the Western mindset by the Industrial Revolution..."

"Pragmatism is a philosophical tradition that considers words and thought as tools and instruments for prediction, problem solving, and action, and rejects the idea that the function of thought is to describe, represent, or mirror reality. Pragmatists contend that most philosophical topics—such as the nature of knowledge, language, concepts, meaning, belief, and science—are all best viewed in terms of their practical uses and successes..."

View Quote

Like I said, I think I’ll wait to see what the end product is before walking away from the show. However, it’s going to be much easier for me to abandon the show and I’ll be much less surprised if the product is tainted given Dallas’s recent behavior.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 5:44:39 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Creating false Biblical accounts is 100% heretical.  This is an entire TV series created to do just that.

The show is being made by people who openly mock God with sodomite pride flags.  I have concerns for Christians who lack discernment to see this show for what it is.

Bravo, very well said.
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 7:03:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Like I said, I think I’ll wait to see what the end product is before walking away from the show. However, it’s going to be much easier for me to abandon the show and I’ll be much less surprised if the product is tainted given Dallas’s recent behavior.
View All Quotes

That's pragmatism.
Link Posted: 6/16/2023 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By HighLighter:
Would this guy be ok with a devil worshiper working on the set wearing satanic patches and a devil flag displayed in his “work space”? On social media promoting satanic worship?

Probably as long as the money keeps coming in.
View Quote

Great point.
Of course you can't have an off set purity test for the entire crew..you can have an on set standard .

Dont take God's name in vain.
Don't use or wear items that counter the Biblical standards we're trying to convey.

Honestly I find the show to be just a hint creepy. I've watched a few episodes with family but it's nothing I check out on my own.

And yes, I did see where they got a huge infusion of cash from one of the production studios.. Paramount maybe?

I'll take the Ben Hur version of Jesus please.

Ben-Hur (7/10) Movie CLIP - Ben-Hur Meets Jesus (1959) HD
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#39]
After stumbling on this thread yesterday (I haven't visited since pg 2), I finally got around to figuring out how to view it on my Roku.

Although questioning some of what I was seeing (I have no memory of Mary Magdalene being possessed by, nor referring to herself as Lilith [whom I understand to have been Adam's 1st wife/later deemed to be a succubus/demon], I settled into the show and was enjoying it. The modern vernacular put me off a bit at first too, but I understand why they did it to attract modern audiences and make the characters more identifiable, as (mostly) human beings.

My GF then arrived and told me about the flag on-set.

It's sad how that crept into my mind as I watched and I found myself wondering what actors were non-believers and how their disbelief was effecting what I was watching. It didn't utterly ruin it for me (I binged till 1:30 a.m; 3 episodes into season 2), but having now skipped ahead in the thread to see what those more learned than me have to say, I don't know if I'll continue watching.

One thing I will say is the show has reminded me of episodes from the NT I hadn't thought about it years, and seeing them played out, on-screen, helped bring them to life in a way I'd not experienced before. I don't know...

I hope that, if I do continue watching, I'll be able to put questions and doubts out of my mind and enjoy the acting and portrayals, as I did when I began watching. I won't be able to enjoy it if I constantly have a cynical eye; looking for for woke nonsense, that's for sure.

As has been said, the left/woke-ism ruins everything it touches. Alas.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 12:22:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#40]
Originally Posted By Former11BRAVO:
After stumbling on this thread yesterday (I haven't visited since pg 2), I finally got around to figuring out how to view it on my Roku.

Although questioning some of what I was seeing (I have no memory of Mary Magdalene being possessed by, nor referring to herself as Lilith [whom I understand to have been Adam's 1st wife/later deemed to be a succubus/demon], I settled into the show and was enjoying it. The modern vernacular put me off a bit at first too, but I understand why they did it to attract modern audiences and make the characters more identifiable, as (mostly) human beings.

My GF then arrived and told me about the flag on-set.

It's sad how that crept into my mind as I watched and I found myself wondering what actors were non-believers and how their disbelief was effecting what I was watching. It didn't utterly ruin it for me (I binged till 1:30 a.m; 3 episodes into season 2), but having now skipped ahead in the thread to see what those more learned than me have to say, I don't know if I'll continue watching.

One thing I will say is the show has reminded me of episodes from the NT I hadn't thought about it years, and seeing them played out, on-screen, helped bring them to life in a way I'd not experienced before. I don't know...

I hope that, if I do continue watching, I'll be able to put questions and doubts out of my mind and enjoy the acting and portrayals, as I did when I began watching. I won't be able to enjoy it if I constantly have a cynical eye; looking for for woke nonsense, that's for sure.

As has been said, the left/woke-ism ruins everything it touches. Alas.
View Quote

That little nagging voice has crept in as I’ve rewatched it as well. That being said, I have to remind myself that the Bible itself, while being inspired by the Holy Spirit, was written by flawed men. All of the heroes of our faith were flawed individuals who had their struggles like we do, and I have to be careful to draw a line between rejecting something corrupted by a sinful ideology and assuming a holier-than-thou attitude toward people I disagree with on certain issues.

Like I’ve said, I think that as long as the content itself remains intact and faithful, we can and should remain gracious toward the imperfections of the people making the show while still refusing to compromise our own beliefs just to be in agreement with the personal beliefs of the cast and crew. Who knows, maybe their attitudes will change as a result of being on the show (at least one actor has converted to Christianity since being on it).
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 5:52:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shane333] [#41]
Saw several of the cast yesterday morning at the Provo 4th of July parade (approx. 350,000 attendance).  Many people appreciate the spirit of the series, aware that creative liberties are taken.

Link Posted: 7/12/2023 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#42]
I truly enjoy the show and will continue to watch it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 1:06:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 1-75Ranger:
I truly enjoy the show and will continue to watch it.
View Quote

I’ve continued to watch it as well. I continue to be astounded at how well this show handles topics that we-Christians-wrestle with that are not spelled out in black and white (or red) in the Bible.

Little James asking Jesus about healing is probably THE best scene in the series-and yet….. it’s not written like that in the Bible.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 11:59:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like The Chosen got caught up in the actors’ strike, so production is halting tomorrow. They have four episodes totally shot, so they will probably spend the downtime editing those.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:52:27 AM EDT
[#45]
They said they'll spend some of the downtime shooting the scenes without actors, and hope their request for an exemption comes through.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#46]
I've been following this thread and have not seen it mentioned that The Chosen is airing again over antenna TV.

Episode 1 Season 1 I Have Called You By Name is airing tonight (Sunday) 8PM on a network called The CW.
Episode 2 is scheduled for next Sunday (July 23)
Episode 3 is scheduled for the following Sunday (July 30)

I thought I'd post this for those who, like me, do not get cable or high-speed internet.
Link Posted: 7/19/2023 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks like the show was granted an exemption to keep filming, making it one of (if not the) only productions to be currently filming in light of the actors’ strike.
Link Posted: 7/20/2023 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Looks like the show was granted an exemption to keep filming, making it one of (if not the) only productions to be currently filming in light of the actors’ strike.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:16:39 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#50]

I’ve continued to watch it as well. I continue to be astounded at how well this show handles topics that we-Christians-wrestle with that are not spelled out in black and white (or red) in the Bible.

Little James asking Jesus about healing is probably THE best scene in the series-and yet….. it’s not written like that in the Bible.
View Quote

This is the kind of sentiment that worries me about this show.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top