Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2023 12:07:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SG55xdude]
I've got carpal tunnel.  My right hand feels numb half the time.  I'm very lucky it hasn't effected my work but it drives me crazy.  I hate texting anymore because my right hand cramps up immediately.  If effects my sleep.

I don't want to do surgery any time soon but I think about it from time to time.  Anyone have experience?  My main concern is time off work (dentist) and how long I can't lift for.

I would like to hear from people who workout a lot that have experience.  I may post in gd if nobody here has experience.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 12:28:48 AM EDT
[#1]
6 weeks from cut to close. Curling soup cans @ 2 wks rubber band stretches at progression of healing. A word of advice. Therapist and docs usually know better than us as far as what you may or not need. I've had it done 5 times. I use to stack truck frames @ Fords before we got robots and wish we'd gotten robots sooner.
Link Posted: 10/7/2023 7:34:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SG55xdude] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NDHojo:
6 weeks from cut to close. Curling soup cans @ 2 wks rubber band stretches at progression of healing. A word of advice. Therapist and docs usually know better than us as far as what you may or not need. I've had it done 5 times. I use to stack truck frames @ Fords before we got robots and wish we'd gotten robots sooner.
View Quote

No doubt on the docs knowing better.  I haven't had it checked out yet i just have every symptom just about.  I just can't even sleep without the braces right now.  Just curious what to expect if I ever do have something like that done if it is deemed appropriate.  Thanks.

It seems to flare up from time to time.  I haven't struggled in a while but man it's driving me crazy lately.  I hate sleeping on my back but I have to at this point because if I roll on my side my hand just goes numb and it wakes me up.  It seems to be mainly my index, ring, and middle fingers.  I guess also my thumb but to a lesser extent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top