Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2023 4:48:28 PM EDT
I have an Electric Samsung Stove/Oven. Model is NE59T4311SS/AA
I have on particular burner that has led to several headaches while cooking with it.

Essentially when I turn on the burner, it just goes full blast no matter if its on Low, medium or high. The coils seem to not cycle between on and off to regulate temperature.
The other burners seem to be able to regulate temperature fine though.

At the very least, the burner does shut off when you turn the burner off. It essentially renders that burner useless unless you want to boil water really fast.

Stove isn't even that old. Bought it in 2020, I think.

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a failed rheostat, but I don't fix electronics. It may not even have one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Samsung appliances have a bad rep.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you checked repairclinic.com for that problem?

Please verify the model number.

Don't buy Samsung appliances.

One error condition

Another failure

Then you can call them if no one has the answer here.

Samsung Stove Repair - Surface Element Stays On High - Right Front Infinite Switch
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Random search, first hit.
https://partsdr.com/part/dg44-01006b-surface-element-switch?model=NE59T4311SS---AA

comments in the comment section sound like your situation.
Problem:
Front right burner would only turn on full (10 on a 1-10 scale). A couple days later, the cooling fan for the electronics would stay on all the time.
Tools:
Screwdriver
Repair & Advice:
Took off the front panel and installed new dual element switch. That solved both problems. It's back to normal now. Repair time below only includes installation time, not the time I spent identifying the problem and figuring out what I needed to do.
View Quote

ETA: make sure to get the proper switch.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Samsung appliances have a bad rep.
View Quote

This. Your first mistake was buying a kitchen appliance made by Samsung.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 8:23:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Based upon posts 3 and 4 the path I would take is pull the appliance away from the wall.  Unplug it.

Unplug it.

Unplug it.

Then see if you can remove the upper back access panel to check the #1 switch.   If everything is plugged in and the wires seem ok I would remove that switch and using the markings on it get a replacement.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Youtube
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have an Electric Samsung Stove/Oven. Model is NE59T4311SS/AA
I have on particular burner that has led to several headaches while cooking with it.

Essentially when I turn on the burner, it just goes full blast no matter if its on Low, medium or high. The coils seem to not cycle between on and off to regulate temperature.
The other burners seem to be able to regulate temperature fine though.

At the very least, the burner does shut off when you turn the burner off. It essentially renders that burner useless unless you want to boil water really fast.

Stove isn't even that old. Bought it in 2020, I think.

View Quote

@Drfrige might help.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Watching that video of how to replace the switch, it looks fairly simple.
I've assembled computers before, and this looks much simpler than that.

Is there any possibility the issue might be caused by something else? I called a local Appliance Parts store, and they told me the piece is like $126 and sales are final (no returns). Since I'm leaning towards doing this myself, you can probably tell I don't exactly have pockets overflowing with cash... so I'd like to make damn sure that if I buy that part... it actually fixes the issue. I dont want to be in a situation where I end up replacing 10 different parts, just to hunt down the one guilty culprit... and end up spending more money fixing it than a new one would cost.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Is there any possibility the issue might be caused by something else? I called a local Appliance Parts store, and they told me the piece is like $126 and sales are final (no returns). Since I'm leaning towards doing this myself, you can probably tell I don't exactly have pockets overflowing with cash... so I'd like to make damn sure that if I buy that part... it actually fixes the issue. I dont want to be in a situation where I end up replacing 10 different parts, just to hunt down the one guilty culprit... and end up spending more money fixing it than a new one would cost.
View Quote

Don't buy from an appliance store. Find the part online. They are usually significantly cheaper.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Don't buy from an appliance store. Find the part online. They are usually significantly cheaper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The local place I called seems to sell it for about the same price as I could find online actually... $126.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The local place I called seems to sell it for about the same price as I could find online actually... $126.
View Quote

Considering it’s Samsung it likely is a Chinese part. Find anyone online. Probably same quality. I fixed appliances for 7 years of my life. It most likely is the switch. But. There is technically a limiter on the burner as well, it’s the thin glass thing you see when it’s illuminated. Is it the same size as another burner? You could swap parts to verify. I can understand wanting to be cautious with this. 126 bucks seems like a lot for an infinite switch.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#13]
99.9% switch is bad
Is warranty 1 year or more?

LG and Samsung are JUNK
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:12:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I perused the model number. It makes it seem like both front burners are dual elements and both rear are single. If this is true, and based on cost, I believe you are havin an issue on a front burner. Swap switches. It will tell the tale you seek.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 10:20:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I perused the model number. It makes it seem like both front burners are dual elements and both rear are single. If this is true, and based on cost, I believe you are havin an issue on a front burner. Swap switches. It will tell the tale you seek.
View Quote

Excellent method to tell if the #1 burner switch is bad.  Replace it with the switch from the other front burner and if it works properly, you know the original burner #1 switch was bad.

You might be able to check continuity on switch #1 but I don't know which contacts to check.

Put the #1 burner switch in the spot you remove the good switch and take pictures of the wiring and switch orientation before removing connectors.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Just switched both burner switches... and sure enough, the issue followed the switch.
Just need to go buy the part, and it should be good as new. Unfortunately, it will still be a Samsung.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just switched both burner switches... and sure enough, the issue followed the switch.
Just need to go buy the part, and it should be good as new. Unfortunately, it will still be a Samsung.
View Quote

Awesome.  This goes to show that you can make appliance repairs.  Now you can try to fix the next failure.  Next year.  Five years from now.  No problem.  Ask for help if you need it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 7:09:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Make sure you order the correct one, different burner sizes/output use different switches. Get the model number and location of the burner and the part # off the switch if you have it available.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top