Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2023 6:05:21 PM EDT

Jackhole in the red Chevy backed into my neighbors Ram, anyone have a quick way to get the plate number for him?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Which DVR software do you have?  How many megapixels is the camera?  If the detail is not there, you can't enhance or clean it up.  Even the cheaper DVR boxes have a mode to view single frames.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:10:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which DVR software do you have?  How many megapixels is the camera?  If the detail is not there, you can't enhance or clean it up.  Even the cheaper DVR boxes have a mode to view single frames.
View Quote

It's reolink garbage, was looking for someone who has an active sub to various video software that "averages" frames to get a better picture of the plate. At night the camera only does a few frames a second.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#3]
step 1 is gonna be dont share it through youtube.  Google processes the video and compresses it to save space.  The pixels we get on youtube are not the pixels that are on your original video file.

Step 2 is open the video in VLC and use the interactive zoom feature.  Its not very intuitive at first.  But once you get the hang of it, it works pretty well.  Then go through the video slowly and you can usually piece together license plates.  Usually you dont get the entire plate from a single still frame.

ETA - I downloaded youtube's 1080p stream.  I think I can make out "4S7623".  Something is in front of the 4.  Not sure if its a digit or part of the license plate design.
We may be able to get it nailed down better if you can share the original video file.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top