Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2022 4:47:59 PM EDT
Are they even an E-bike? They don't have pedals. It's more like a lightweight dirt bike I guess. They only weigh about 100 lbs.

Either way, they look fun as hell.

Anyone have one? Get decent ride time out of a full battery?

Obviously not a dirt bike, but it doesn't look like it's meant to be one. The whisper quiet fun and being able to whip it around easily while dinking around is what is appealing.

Link Posted: 4/1/2022 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one.

def more dirt bike.  You can hook up pedals. I have not done so. It would be pretty heavy to pedal around.

i upgraded the controller in mine. It's pretty fast. Will do around 70mph and pull the front wheel up no problem while doing 30mph.

similar to 125cc 2stroke power in a bike that weighs 100lbs and has powerband throughout the throttle.

run time is pretty good. Depends on type of riding. 45 min, 30 mile trips are pretty easy if your cruising the hilly roads.

Link Posted: 4/1/2022 5:00:56 PM EDT
[#2]
They sound like steel and aluminum ass raping a piece of copper while in use and on throttle.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#3]
How much?
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 5:02:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How much?
View Quote
Roughly $4000
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have one.

def more dirt bike.  You can hook up pedals. I have not done so. It would be pretty heavy to pedal around.

i upgraded the controller in mine. It's pretty fast. Will do around 70mph and pull the front wheel up no problem while doing 30mph.

similar to 125cc 2stroke power in a bike that weighs 100lbs and has powerband throughout the throttle.

run time is pretty good. Depends on type of riding. 45 min, 30 mile trips are pretty easy if your cruising the hilly roads.

View Quote

Have you jumped it at full throttle, and can it handle it?
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have one.

https://i.imgur.com/TJEQdbd.jpg
View Quote

It looks like you can get various aftermarket batteries to extend range or to take a backup, which is pretty cool.

There's a 72v 45ah version that supposed to go 80 miles....pricey though.

I'm really thinking of saving up to grab one of these things just to mess around with, and the kids are getting big enough to be able to mess with it.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 5:09:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Roughly $4000
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How much?
Roughly $4000

Yeah, that's kind of annoying because you get a new TW200 for not much more money, but damn if they don't look like a riot to play around on.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I’ve lusted over these for a couple years now. Apparently an ex employee has started their own company and offer something similar.

I seem to remember reading about some shadiness with the owner of Suron  but I don’t recall the details.

Segway sells one made by Suron IIRC

Link Posted: 4/1/2022 5:27:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Have you jumped it at full throttle, and can it handle it?
View Quote
Lol. I guess you could say that.

suspension can handle some abuse.  It's not full blow race CR250r good. But it's pretty good. As good as what you'll find on a newer trail bike.  

this thing is awesome and is obsoleting my other bikes. Power to weight ratio is amazing. It makes my 2 strokes feel like a horse.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lol. I guess you could say that.

suspension can handle some abuse.  It's not full blow race CR250r good. But it's pretty good. As good as what you'll find on a newer trail bike.  

this thing is awesome and is obsoleting my other bikes. Power to weight ratio is amazing. It makes my 2 strokes feel like a horse.
View Quote

I've watched a bunch of youtube videos on them, Sur-Ronster, is one and he's always wheeling his around on the street.  The cops don't seem to bother him about it either.

The weight makes it perfect for semi-quiet trips into the woods.  Just haven't seen many people jumping them at full throttle.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've watched a bunch of youtube videos on them, Sur-Ronster, is one and he's always wheeling his around on the street.  The cops don't seem to bother him about it either.

The weight makes it perfect for semi-quiet trips into the woods.  Just haven't seen many people jumping them at full throttle.
View Quote
I'm a bigger guy. I would have no problem ripping it around the track hitting some doubles and table tops. I'd be pushing it though. Prob bottoming out.  Certainly Wouldn't wanna case it. It's not gunna eat it up like my bigger bikes.  

that said this thing rips around the woods neighborhood. Certainly not a "toy." And will handle what 99% of people can throw at it.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Surron the most addictive two wheels toys

Trying some wheelies on a Surron

Amazing much fun on the electric moped Surron

Riding the electric Sur Ron is very addictive

This Sur Ron Light Bee X has a lot of power!
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#13]
The Talaria Sting looks pretty awesome too, and apparently has a bit more ass to it.

We were planning on a trip if we have a good work season this year, but I might have to say fuck the trip and order one of these things instead if we reach our goals.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top