Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/17/2021 11:36:20 PM EDT
EDITED

I believe I have the answer needed.  Feel free to comment if you are concerned with the new censorship here.  Feel free to go look at the couple locked threads in politics.

If this censorship is to prep for a new less commie server, I'm ok with that.  If it is the new normal I am not ok with it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
They are presently trying to move to a more 1A favorable host.  Until then they have to be careful they're hosting doesn't deplatform arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are presently trying to move to a more 1A favorable host.  Until then they have to be careful they're hosting doesn't deplatform arfcom.
View Quote

Now that is a response I can get behind.  MODS, if this is true, I will delete my post.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:43:59 PM EDT
[#5]
IBTL
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
IBTL
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:46:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
IBTL
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:46:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Gonna get shut down...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I am not worried as if the censorship gets to bad, ARFCOM will go the way of Fox News and I will have more time and resources to do other things.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#10]
This post hasn't been moved yet, but it will be
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:48:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I deleted my original post.  I hope we can all overcome this nonsense.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm here for the gang bang.
GIF
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:49:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
IBTL
View Quote

Can't be locked, he put in a disclaimer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:49:58 PM EDT
[#14]

I hate being brownelled, she is so smoking hot.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:51:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag for later review
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am not worried as if the censorship gets to bad, ARFCOM will go the way of Fox News and I will have more time and resources to do other things.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:54:26 PM EDT
[#17]
It was the "not debatable" about FJB that got me.  Hopefully the site can get back to normal here in GD
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:56:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Can we free the nipples now?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:57:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Nope!  Preserve the knowledge.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:59:20 PM EDT
[#21]
They've been heading down this path for some time now...  especially one overzealous, narcissistic mod.  And it's not the one from Florida.

Sometimes I wonder where the ban is going to come from first for speaking the truth....  the ultra-liberal left facebook or the the heavier handed, less pro-freedom other place...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:59:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Ibtl
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:00:06 AM EDT
[#23]
How can I be worried with the sweet specials on AR-15 upgrades from Brownell’s? With fast shipping and excellent customer service, Brownell’s is your one-stop-shop for all your firearm needs! Place an order today!
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:00:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:00:16 AM EDT
[#25]
I don’t think you know what censorship actually is...

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:00:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Not really, most of the time I'm either trolling the penguin or just a babbling idiot screaming from a rooftop. So censor me, meh.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:01:32 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This started many months ago.  Very little to do with the threat of deplatforming as that was never an issue until very recently

This place has certainly changed drastically over the past 15 years
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:02:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah I just looked at the threads. Disconcerting to say the least.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:03:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
IBTL
View Quote
Did I make it in time?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:04:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Synonyms of censorship: Suppression, restrict, deletion, controlling the press, news blackout, thought control.

Does that suffice?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:05:14 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't know what they were expecting to happen by kicking GD threads into a tech forum. I'd have probably just put GD behind the paywall until a new host is secured but that's me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:07:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually I’d say the traditional definition no longer applies in the modern era.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

So, there’s life after Arfcom?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been playing a lot of online chess lately...

Probably become a grandmaster if I ever get banned
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Everything happens for a reason. Coming to understand that purpose is the beginning of wisdom, and possibly something greater than one’s self.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:13:38 AM EDT
[#36]
IBTL.

Got to understand OP, arf is under attack from all sides.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
IBTL.

Got to understand OP, arf is under attack from all sides.
View Quote

I see that now.  I deleted my original post.  I will sit back and watch what happens I guess.  Makes me second guess posting any new happenings.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:15:43 AM EDT
[#38]
WELL IF TED DANSON AND WHOOPI AND YOUTUBE CAN PASS WE WILL BE OK...

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
IBTL
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:17:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Now that is a response I can get behind.  MODS, if this is true, I will delete my post.
View Quote

Pay attention and you might have known that.  You don’t seem to come here much.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:22:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Pay attention and you might have known that.  You don’t seem to come here much.
View Quote

I'm here more than I would like to admit.  I guess I'm upset to see how quickly things have changed.  Many of us feel defeated with all the craziness going on.  After what we all saw with our own eyes in the last month or so...nothing surprises me now.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:47:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Visiting my parents and my dad is watching fox, it was like watching Pravda.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:53:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:55:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Ibtl....maybe.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:00:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:08:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Only 40% of your official warnings came from one staffer...  Hell, you even got one from Goatboy...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They've been heading down this path for some time now...  especially one overzealous, narcissistic mod.  And it's not the one from Florida.

Sometimes I wonder where the ban is going to come from first for speaking the truth....  the ultra-liberal left facebook or the the heavier handed, less pro-freedom other place...

Only 40% of your official warnings came from one staffer...  Hell, you even got one from Goatboy...

Official warnings? Are there unofficial warnings and notes kept on members?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:13:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:18:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:19:48 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The ban and warning screen has an option to leave a comment instead of a warning, it's usually used to reflect unofficial warnings sent through PM or to give further context on a warning that's been issued.  Or even to explain that a warning was given improperly, but the B&W system intentionally does not allow warnings to be removed to prevent a moderator or staff member from using their power to remove warnings given to their friends (or in a drunken state), so a comment is the way to communicate to other mods/staff members that it was issued in error.  It's also used when a staff member unlocks an account, explaining why it was unlocked, since the B&W system shows bans but not account reinstatements.  So if a user got banned, then had an email discussion with a staff member about lifting that ban, and it was then lifted, there would be comments about the exchange and lifting the ban, more recently than the warnings and ban messages.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Official warnings? Are there unofficial warnings and notes kept on members?

The ban and warning screen has an option to leave a comment instead of a warning, it's usually used to reflect unofficial warnings sent through PM or to give further context on a warning that's been issued.  Or even to explain that a warning was given improperly, but the B&W system intentionally does not allow warnings to be removed to prevent a moderator or staff member from using their power to remove warnings given to their friends (or in a drunken state), so a comment is the way to communicate to other mods/staff members that it was issued in error.  It's also used when a staff member unlocks an account, explaining why it was unlocked, since the B&W system shows bans but not account reinstatements.  So if a user got banned, then had an email discussion with a staff member about lifting that ban, and it was then lifted, there would be comments about the exchange and lifting the ban, more recently than the warnings and ban messages.

Thanks for clarifying.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:40:50 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top