Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 7:32:47 AM EDT
[#1]
So this thread has turned into a "too many guitars" thread?

How many guitars do you need?
Just one more!
(With apologies to Larry at Midway)
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately in a previous life Mrs. CCW was married to a pro musician and knows equipment....guitars. Im not sneaking so much as a cable past her.

Guns are a different story.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I might if I ever got my 2nd or 3rd stimulus.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:59:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm spending stimulus and/or work $$$ on guitar/musical items.
Purchased: Ibanez AS73, 5 packs of strings, 4 slides and a Grote GT-150.
Wanted or similar items: Alvarez 12-string, G&L Asat or Michael Kelly T-style, Resonator, Les Paul Copy with set neck, Fender LT25 and other items for recording my efforts.
Also want to build guitar from tulip poplar tree that was cut down in parents yard 10 or so years ago.  I have some parts, but will need neck, tuners, pickups, etc.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
It paid for part of this:

Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I did. An Art & Lutherie Americana Bourbon Blast:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/1v1Y9Ye.jpg
View Quote

Still mad I missed out on a great deal for the 4 string version of this. A multi-scale is definitely on my list of basses to buy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:40:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/1v1Y9Ye.jpg
View Quote

Boy Howdy!!! Are you Roscoe Beck?

That axe is wild!
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 11:36:02 PM EDT
[#9]
No, but in a round about way. Spending all that stimulus and the administration is driving up oil prices. Spent some oil lease money on a new guitar. Really cheap one but it's something different. Always have played telecasters. Bought a Squire Conemporary Telecaster. Humbuckers. For a cheap guitar it came better than I thought it would. Setup fairly well. So far liking it a lot and even the frets were in really good shape, better than my last MiM was when I got it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No, but in a round about way. Spending all that stimulus and the administration is driving up oil prices. Spent some oil lease money on a new guitar. Really cheap one but it's something different. Always have played telecasters. Bought a Squire Conemporary Telecaster. Humbuckers. For a cheap guitar it came better than I thought it would. Setup fairly well. So far liking it a lot and even the frets were in really good shape, better than my last MiM was when I got it.
View Quote

Two of my Tele's have HH, but both also have coil splits that still give you some twang.  One has Tonerider Birmingham's that were designed to split well, the other is Schecter that uses G&B pickups with both ferrite and alnico bar magnets in each pickup giving it a very WRHB sound..
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Yup, I did! I got myself this sweet 1954 reissue Strat! Pics don't really do it justice, it sounds amazing!

Link Posted: 7/12/2021 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yup, I did! I got myself this sweet 1954 reissue Strat! Pics don't really do it justice, it sounds amazing!

https://i.imgur.com/dU5zAeM.jpg
View Quote

I love a blonde board on a strat. Looks great.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I got wood.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice choice. I have a blonde 54' reissue with a maple fret board that is the favorite of my Strats.
Link Posted: 7/12/2021 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I posted this already in another thread, but I spent mine on this Martin 000-15m.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 4:07:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I think having the stimulus money probably helped me to be able to buy a few things.  Meaning the money I'm making from my gigs didn't have to go for groceries at this point.  So I got CV Squier 70's Jazz bass.  A beta58.  A scarlett 2i2 and and sm57.  In the last 4 months I think it's been.  Oh, and I just got a used ludwig kit for 250.  

If I only knew how to post pics.  I used a photo sharing site someone posted here but now I don't even remember that name of it.  LOL.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 12:09:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If I only knew how to post pics.  I used a photo sharing site someone posted here but now I don't even remember that name of it.  LOL.
View Quote

https://catbox.moe/
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 12:22:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Well, I did end up buying the new horn (well, new to me).  Was it stimulus money?  Meh, that went in the bank that the payment came from.  But I also needed to use that guy's stimulus, and that girl's, and that person over there's as well.  I know it's not a guitar or anything, but hey, I can't play one of those (as would be evidenced by the bass guitar I have hanging on the wall that has gathered a lot of dust).
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Yep. ‘99 Gibson SG Special

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#20]

Not too shabby!
I think so far I've spent the stimulus checks of about 20 people.
Mrs. Wildebeest is a bit frayed about all the guitars, amps and pedals. Not to mention guitar cases.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top