Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2023 11:42:45 AM EDT
Just it a few days ago.  Haven't had good weather to do much with it yet. Have it set up with my Nikon D850.  Everything seems to be working good.  Would be interested in sharing results and tips.  So far have played with it using the 28-300mm and 200-500mm Nikon lenses.

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:09:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Majestic Model 1000E Tripod Head
I’ve used this and Gitzo ball heads and Bogen/ Manfroto
But I didn’t transition well from RB & Hasselblad & Nikon F4 to this digital stuff.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you played with the IOptron or skytracker?   I'd be interested in a comparison after you get to use the Benro a bit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 3:29:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheAmaazingCarl] [#3]
//Dupe
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 10:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheAmaazingCarl:
Have you played with the IOptron or skytracker?   I'd be interested in a comparison after you get to use the Benro a bit.
View Quote
Skytracker won't handle a camera and lenses as heavy as mine.   Many of the other mounts are designed for telescopes more than cameras.  So far I like what it can do but weather hasn't cooperated for pictures.  I have been playing with it to learn to use the features so I can get pictures when the weather is good. I did learn that I needed a new tripod and leveling head to make it easier to use and more accurate.  That should be here by the end of the week.  Accuracy depends on how level you can keep it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
Majestic Model 1000E Tripod Head
I've used this and Gitzo ball heads and Bogen/ Manfroto
But I didn't transition well from RB & Hasselblad & Nikon F4 to this digital stuff.
View Quote
That is a good head for what you are doing.  This head isn't for my 4x5 view camera or medium format.

Link Posted: 1/27/2023 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been researching this topic, but haven’t bought anything yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top