Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2023 8:40:48 AM EDT
I'll be there this year with about 5 of my rigs and going with 3 other buddies.  Tickets bought and air bnb reserved!  Meeting a few more buddies at the event that will be coming in later and earlier, too.  We'll be there from Thursday through Sunday.

2 of the buddies I'm going with won 1st place in class and scaler rig at Crawlers and Coffee event that just passed.   They are working on some new rigs/bodies, so I'm excited for them!!

Anyhow, just seeing if any of you all were also attending this year's Proline event to shake a hand or two and do some crawling!
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I used to live in Vegas.  It was a pretty short drive so I went to several of them.  The first 3 years were the best.  It wasnt so crowded and Proline used to give tons of stuff away and sell their products for ~50% off.  I'd stock up on bodies and tires.  When they started taking on other sponsors that stopped.  Last one I went to was 2021 and it felt unorganized to me, at least compared to past events.   That was still kinda during the COVID BS though.  The venue has some amazing terrain.  Tons of lines and a lot of that rock is like 60 grit sandpaper.  Lots of traction.  

Take plenty of water, sunscreen, and bring a roll of your own TP.  They ran out one year lol

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:36:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Noted!  Lol, always have plenty of that on hand!  Thanks for the reply!

This will be my first event so I have nothing to compare it to.  Also, if I come home with more crap than I left with, I may have a problem when I get home ha!

I really need to get my laser cut stainless chassis axial pro kit rails together on my Pro before the event as well as two TF2 rigs!  I saw Treal came out with some 3rd member and other axle items as well as Incision making driveshafts for the pro...so got to get my projects together and tuned, quick!
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Events can be a lot of fun.  I hope to hit Crawlapalooza in October.  We've got a local hosting an event next month and his property is supposed to have a variety of terrain.  He's hoping to start hosting large events there if this goes well.  If you like to travel, Beat the Creek is a huge event in KY they put on every year.  I hope to go next year.

And don't let me get you down on By The Fire.  It is a great event and there is a lot to do.  Seeing all those lights crawling around the mountain at night is something to behold.
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:09:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Off to PBtF today with my new pro kit build on my stainless chassis and stainless hardware!!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/3/2023 10:21:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Looked like the event had even more sponsors than last year.   Haven't seen too many trail videos yet most are just wandering around the vendor area.   Did you enjoy it?  

Also just curious....why add sprung weight with a stainless chassis?  My Pro has done pretty good for me.   I've run 2-3 comps a month with it since i got it in March and have a nice little stack of trophies.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 4:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I had an absolute blast!  Definitely going again.  The Abnb 11 minutes away was the ticket, too!

I was too busy driving my 11 rigs I brought to get into much video.  Got some.pics though.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

As far as the ss chassis thing goes...I don't compete in comps or any event, I have a bunch of 11ga ss t304 #4 btlrushed drops a 6000w fiber laser and a waterjet and sometimes can slip projects in.  So basically, how's it go?  America, thats why, lol.

I jest. I do have to adjust my driving style and she's waaaay ridiculously heavy, but still achieves fairly vertical ascents without issues.  Making it a bit more sweaty palm driving and I don't get so bored so fast like with my Sherpa rig.

Mainly did it for the bling factor, too.  I do say, the belly is awfully heavy now, though.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/25/2023 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Basically all I do anymore is compete so my mind is on performance.  Think I've done one trail run in the past year.  Hopefully I can get out to some of the trail events closer to me next year.  I usually find out about them a week or two before they happen so I have no time to plan for them.  I think thats one reason forums are better than facebook.  One central site for sharing events instead of 100s of individual groups.  

If you ever see any G6 events by Brian Parker close to you, they're a good time.  The social media behind it is lacking now days but he does events still.
Link Posted: 10/25/2023 5:33:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I still have a lot of the Pro kit left over, rails and carbon steel hardware included and now see the CF Pro rails...So, I do want to build a LW version next.  Just to have both ends of the spectrum.

Thanks for the heads-up.  I am not sure who held it, but there was a G6 up in Prescott recently, I believe.  The weekend or so after PBtF event.  I got home and that next Saturday my 21 year old AC at my house finally gave up the ghost.  It was installed new with the house when I bought/had it built.  So that was $9,800.00 cash I wasn't ready to let go of, but had to since we were still in the 105's and such.  So I had to opt out of travel expenses and time away.

Arfcom is the only RC forum sharing I am involved in, actually.  I don't have a FB and the wife actually just made me an IG, so been farting around there.  I do have some friends that have taken and still take RC pretty seriously and have had luck with their knowledge to fill in gaps for new stuff I am learning....it's like a forum, but face to face, usually on the rocks, lol.

Wow, my-my though has the AC technology come a loooong way, lol.  I don't know if I will get 21 years out of the new one, but also not sure I'll get 21 more years outta myself!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top