Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/9/2022 1:16:32 AM EDT
SPOILER ALERT!     This thread contains plot points.   Read no further if you aren’t already current.

VERY disappointed in the show.

Here we are, half way through the series and pretty much the whole story line of the first 4 episodes revolves around Princess Leia and what a stronk and wise womyn she is, even at 10 years old.  And the arc of Leia escaping Worst Sister is not even done yet, so it seems likely that the remaining episodes will continue this same arc, as being this far through is rather late to start a second arc before conclusion.

Should have named the series “Princess Leia — the early years”.  Obi Wan clearly is a side character.

Don’t know that I can sit through another 4 2 episodes of “Precocious Leia vs. Worst Systah” (with special guest appearances of Obi Wan Kenobi)
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 1:27:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems like Rotten Tomatoes viewer ratings aren’t very good for Obi-Wan.

I sat through 2 episodes.

That’s all I could take. Bad script, bad acting, bad effects. Just bad.

Stranger Things on Netflix, on the other hand, I found to be very good. Interesting characters, decent script, good actors.

Sort of like a very dark Goonies with elements of Fringe and The X Files.

Plus the 80s mall nostalgia. I’m old enough to remember when they were successful.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 1:34:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Never started. Don't care.

F Star Wars.
F Disney.
F the woke bullshit.

Groomer Pedo shitbirds can choke on a galaxy sized bag of dicks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 1:36:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I lost interest after the first episode
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 1:47:03 AM EDT
[#4]
The writing is bad. The plot is bad. The directing is bad. The pacing is bad. The breaking of continuity with the movies is bad. All of the actors except Obi Wan and Owen are bad.

The costumes and most of the sets are good. Ewan McGregor was the best part of the prequels, and is doing a really good job here given what he has to work with. He's the only bright spot in this cluster fuck of a show, and even then he's stuck doing some good acting with a really poorly written character. What a waste.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 1:48:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Don’t know that I can sit through another 4 episodes of “Precocious Leia vs. Worst Systah” (with special guest appearances of Obi Wan Kenobi)
View Quote

Great news! It's a six episode run so you only have to make it through two more.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 1:48:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep it's disappointingly bad. It's even worse than Boba Fett, holy shit.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 1:57:02 AM EDT
[#7]
The show moves like a snail and does indeed suck terribly.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 2:00:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Have not watched any of it, don't have Disney--

However, I will be watching Larry.

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 2:28:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Obi Wan Kucknobi
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 2:43:26 AM EDT
[#10]
This tweet thread I came across really sums up some of my problems with the Disney+ Star Wars series and Kenobi in particular. #4 really seems to sum it up.

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 3:46:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Its much worse than I imagined. When they delayed it for a year to re-write and re-shoot I took that as a positive sign. NOPE.

Kenobi is an important enough character that this show should have been entrusted to Favreau and Filoni and no one else.

As bad as SW gets, dont forget that Kennedy was his right hand for 20yrs. Her leadership of Lucasfilm was a condition of the sale to disney, he knows what shes about.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 4:47:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Very disappointed. Obi Wan is my favorite character. This was a let down.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 4:47:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't they have Kenobi being a coward and running away from Darth V?  Now I get that maybe being in the Tin Man Costume has given DV more power, but still, Kenobi cut dudes hands and feet off with his light saber.  That's got to give a man a little confidence he can win.

And it's not like Kenobi is some babe in the woods, fighting his first fight.  If Darth is a super fighter now, that Kenobi knows he can't straight up fight and win, then show him avoiding a straight on fight, trying to do other things to win, etc.  But turning tail and running is just poor writing, and not at all in character with Kenobi either in SW 3, or 4.

Once again, the Critical Drinker on YouTube sums in up best.  He says that movies are soft reboots.  They have characters in them from the previous versions, to avoid having to come up with new stories or characters, and even better if they can hire the actor who portraited the character before, for nostalgic reasons.  

But then the story isn't really about that older character.  They're a bit player in it, and the focus is on some younger, more Diverse!!! character, to the drive home, The Message (CD had a screenshot of every leftist trope from rainbow flags to the Burn Loot Movement - it's a hoot).  To emphasize how much better younger, more Diverse!!! character is, the older one is now a weak, wimpy, joke of a person, who's actions are totally out of line with everything they did in other movies, when they were the hero and acted as such.  Now, they're just the straight man, being pitiful to allow for More Diverse!!! to look that much better.

It's lazy writing, leads to bad stories, and worse, it ruins a character who was written and given interesting stories and arcs by other, better writers.  They are standing on the shoulders of others, then kicking that person in the face.  But it's what's the norm now in stories - the destruction of past generations hero's, while replacing them with person not the least bit heroic in history, story, or development.  Personally, if I was an established actor like E McGregor, who can work as much as he wants to, I'd tell them to get lost if they gave me a script where Kenobi is a weak coward.  It's an insult not only to your own previous work, but the work of the actor who was Kenobi in SW 4, who's name escapes me now, but set the standard for years on what a leader and a mentor should be.  

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 5:06:24 AM EDT
[#14]
You know it's gonna suck...

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

F Star Wars.
F Disney.
F the woke bullshit.

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 5:26:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Boba Fett was way too all over the place and spent way too much time on shit no one cared about.

Kenobi is laser focused on basically 1 fucking thing that just gets so fucking tired. There's also no real 'danger' because you know Leia and Kenobi obviously live. So themes where they are in trouble just fall flat right away as you know nothing will happen. They could have done so many different arcs/side quests with this but its just focused on a 10 year old kid that you are bored with after the 2nd episode she is in, a wanna be Jedi chick that no one cares about and is a horrible actress and Kenobi in third place.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 5:30:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Alec Guinness he is not. It all went down hill after Empire.
Just another Kathleen Kennedy spin on the storyline.
They should have called it, Adventurers in Babysitting.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 6:01:08 AM EDT
[#18]
The chase scenes with Leia are pathetic.  As a ten yo, she runs like a toddler and no one can catch her.  Like watching stupid Teletubbies.  

CD
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 6:03:22 AM EDT
[#19]
It's all woke. Why would you think it any different this time around?
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 6:27:39 AM EDT
[#20]
No, it's awesome. I can't wait to see the last two episodes.

The whole "it's not actually about Kenobi!" thing is silly. Other characters than the protagonist will occasionally have to do things in order to have a story.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 6:47:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I get a whole mandalorian feel from it. You got an ex military kinda guy that has to protect this little useless but all powerful green guy, but in Kenobi it's a little useless but all powerful little girl that can run like the wind and the ex military guy is a stuttering coward but can kill half a dozen soldiers just like that but still gives up when a couple more show up. What this show needs is Gina Carano to show up and kick some ass.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:37:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Watched it Monday while my balls healed from being sterilized, so far I'm not impressed. I had to rewatch Rogue One afterwards in an effort to cleanse my palate
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:41:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Watched two episodes and was just annoyed by the all knowing ten year old and piss poor writing/acting.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:46:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Its amazingly bad. The only redeeming quality it has is that McGregor is doing a superb job, but thats like a turd in a punchbowl, except the opposite. It really is a waste that the quality of work hes putting in is in that complete shitshow.

And since this is spoilers allowed, what was up with Vader murdering the fuck out of kids? They barely show that in actual R movies. When I saw it, it was a "WTF, did they really just show that?" moment. Just to be clear, it wasn't the content itself, but the fact that it was shown in Star Wars, which, as the some of the excuses for the show go, is supposed to be for kids.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
SPOILER ALERT!     This thread contains plot points.   Read no further if you aren’t already current.

VERY disappointed in the show.

Here we are, half way through the series and pretty much the whole story line of the first 4 episodes revolves around Princess Leia and what a stronk and wise womyn she is, even at 10 years old.  And the arc of Leia escaping Worst Sister is not even done yet, so it seems likely that the remaining episodes will continue this same arc, as being this far through is rather late to start a second arc before conclusion.

Should have named the series “Princess Leia — the early years”.  Obi Wan clearly is a side character.

Don’t know that I can sit through another 4 episodes of “Precocious Leia vs. Worst Systah” (with special guest appearances of Obi Wan Kenobi)
View Quote

How are you surprised at this?

The staff at Disney hate you, hate your country, hate your beliefs, hate your past ...etc etc, and take every opportunity to attack that and destroy what they can and replace it with their own shit.
Even your fictional stories and heros.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:47:21 AM EDT
[#26]
I can’t stand hat stupid fucking third sister bitch, horrible acting
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:47:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Why is anyone still supporting Disney?  Is it really so important that you watch spaceman shows?
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#28]
My son will watch anything mainly due to the fact he has limited screen time. We got to episode 3 for Vader and he looked at me said "I'm done" and walked away. I to am done this show is terrible. Disney fucking sucks
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 7:53:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Why is anyone still supporting Disney?  Is it really so important that you watch spaceman shows?
View Quote

Disney hasnt gotten a dime from some of us, matey.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

F Star Wars.
F Disney.
F the woke bullshit.

View Quote

Basically this.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Imagine a world where you are a writer and handed the ability to write the story of obi wan and Vader between episode 3 and episode 4. Imagine what you could write.

No matter what any of us on GD came up with it would be better than this pile of garbage.

I fucking hate you Disney for destroying the greatest characters in modern story telling.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:08:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Though it was going to be good but wound up cleaning up not even half way through 2nd episode.

I think the third one is out now but have no interest in seeing it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#33]
I started getting bored with all the Leia bullshit. I wanted to see WTF Kenobi was up to between EPIII and EPIV.

Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:12:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Huge Star Wars fan. I've watched none of these shows.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#35]

American Flatulators has a better plot than the Kenobi series.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:19:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Movies, TV, social media, etc..is all about indoctrination, not entertainment.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:24:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Should have named the series "Princess Leia  the early years".  Obi Wan clearly is a side character.

View Quote
Because if they did, no one would have watched it.  My hopes for this series officially disappeared after "The Chase" scene in the first episode.  I didn't finish the Book of Boba Fett, and it's unlikely I'll finish their plot hole ridden dumpster fire.  Anyway, it's hard to deny Disney is using Star Wars to push their agenda.    Speaking as a guy who has a stormtrooper for an avatar, I officially declare Disney Star Wars to be non-canon, with the exception of Rogue One, which I genuinely liked.  Between the Marvel comics line in the 80's, the books, and Dark Horse comics line, we have an existing storyline for what happened after RoTJ.  I would say Disney Star Wars is just bad fan fiction, but I can't even call it that since it's obvious the people writing it aren't actually fans of the franchise.

I'm calling it right now - this series will end with Reva being the true hero.  Obi Wan will falter, and she'll sacrifice herself or do something amazing to save the day.    No way Disney lets the series end with a black female dying a villan.  That's just where they're at.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Haven’t watched but I did see a clip on YouTube.  Amazing that an e-tool is an e-tool no matter what galaxy you are in.  Lazy production values are a bad indicator.  Still won’t watch.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Imagine a world where you are a writer and handed the ability to write the story of obi wan and Vader between episode 3 and episode 4. Imagine what you could write.

No matter what any of us on GD came up with it would be better than this pile of garbage.

I fucking hate you Disney for destroying the greatest characters in modern story telling.
View Quote
The writer of this show has said, on camera in an interview, that he hasn't seen Episode 3, hasn't really watched any of the others, and was surprised when he was told that Obi-Wan has ALWAYS known Anakin was Vader. But Disney still let him put in the "big shocker" when Obi-Wan finds out Anakin is Vader.

The writers AND the suits making this show don't know or care about Star Wars history and lore.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The writer of this show has said, on camera in an interview, that he hasn't seen Episode 3, hasn't really watched any of the others, and was surprised when he was told that Obi-Wan has ALWAYS known Anakin was Vader. But Disney still let him put in the "big shocker" when Obi-Wan finds out Anakin is Vader.

The writers AND the suits making this show don't know or care about Star Wars history and lore.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't by chance have a link to that interview do you?
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Watched it Monday while my balls healed from being sterilized, so far I'm not impressed. I had to rewatch Rogue One afterwards in an effort to cleanse my palate
View Quote

that one sucks too
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:38:37 AM EDT
[#43]
I don't get how anyone likes any of the star wars content post-disney acquisition. It's all been garbage, some exception with Mandalorian but even that got old after the first season.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:38:39 AM EDT
[#44]
All this stuff is made by fresh religious converts to Diversity and White Men Bad.

How could anyone possibly think it would be anything other than completely unwatchable shite? This has been going on for several years now, and is a hallmark of our modern cultural output. At some point a person ought to be able to predict it. Any show that isn't like this on any network or service, is very much the exception.

Its bad enough that I get more enjoyment watching foreign shows with subtitles than I do Western woke shit in English. In some parts of the world, theyre even still able to tell jokes, its really refreshing.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Finally sold all my SW crap, including my 501st Legion and Rebel Legion approved costume. Not watching this or anything else, I’m done.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:40:24 AM EDT
[#46]
They just threw out the entire plot point of Episode IV when Vader and Obi-Wan meet on the Death Star.

“Last time you were the master…..even though I force drug you through flaming lava rocks…”

WTF!!!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#47]
You're just now getting fed up with star wars?
It was ruined some time ago, I think its pretty close to irredeemable by now.
Just go back and enjoy the older leas crappy stuff.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:42:59 AM EDT
[#48]
This is what happens when diversity woke writing is championed instead of merit and audience engagement.

Kathleen Kennedy has made SW an abortion.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:45:48 AM EDT
[#49]
I quit trying to keep track of it after the second or third prequel back before the pedo mouse bought it. Aren't they still trying to blow up Death Stars or anything yet?
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:49:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top