Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/22/2022 3:54:12 PM EDT
How fucking long does it take to do a drop?

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I expected sparks. Nice shot!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I take it it's your first time watching?

Now imagine as long as they take, they can easily play a faster round than Joe Blow weekend hacker..
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I take it it's your first time watching?

Now imagine as long as they take, they can easily play a faster round than Joe Blow weekend hacker..
View Quote
Nicklaus on the green putting. That shit took forever.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Why say long?  He had unplayable. Then not part of course intereferred. Then cart path. There were about a dozen rules involved there.

He walked away with a bogey, up and down from the cart path. That’s why they’re pros.

And if he fucks it up he’s disqualified when he turns his card in.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:01:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nicklaus on the green putting. That shit took forever.
View Quote

Millions in potential sponsorship money riding on every shot, I'd take my sweet ass time.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Range Nazis here.

I am digging this.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:09:14 PM EDT
[#7]
If you don’t understand the game then change the channel!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you don't understand the game then change the channel!!!
View Quote
There are some crazy shots being made.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

14 minutes.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Range Nazis here.

I am digging this.
View Quote

You try playing by the book and see how much your score goes up.

I’ve read the weekend golfer should add about 40 strokes to their game if they played by the book. They commit 2-3 penalties per hole.

I started playing by the book 15 years ago. It changes how you play the game, they way it should be played.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

14 minutes.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

14 minutes.

My lungs still hurt from breathing in that smoke. It tasted like fiberglass and chlorine.

That was one of the first Home Depots

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I've read the weekend golfer should add about 40 strokes to their game if they played by the book. They commit 2-3 penalties per hole.

I started playing by the book 15 years ago. It changes how you play the game, they way it should be played.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Range Nazis here.

I am digging this.

I've read the weekend golfer should add about 40 strokes to their game if they played by the book. They commit 2-3 penalties per hole.

I am in AZ. I grew up on a golf course.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Range Nazis here.

I am digging this.

I kinda don’t like the rule change on a drop, used to be shoulder.

What the rule for “a rattlesnake will bite me if I play my ball?”
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I’ve read the weekend golfer should add about 40 strokes to their game if they played by the book. They commit 2-3 penalties per hole.

View Quote

I won two four figure matches because I knew the rules.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:28:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kno the rules. Details man!!!  That’s a story.

My ball was in sand hazard, pinned on the sand rake. Most all of the sand rake was outside hazard.

I took penalty free drop still inside hazard. I think I cheated, but they bought it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:30:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I kno the rules. Details man!!!  That's a story.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kno the rules. Details man!!!  That's a story.
Did it involve sand?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:32:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I can see the Goodyear blimp that’s over the course from the Target my wife & granddaughter are shopping in.   I’m waiting in the car. Traffic in that part of Tulsa is crazy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:32:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I seen a nerdy looking man shoot up a golf course once.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Watch golf? No. Would rather watch grass grow.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:34:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
This.  I'm always amused by people who say they shoot 80 but when asked how many balls did they lose or hit out of bounds, the answer is always 5-6.  Playing by the rules and playing the ball as it lies can easily add a couple of dozen strokes or more to the score of a weekender.  

I wonder who the first retarded idiot will be in this thread to say that golf is a good walk spoiled or that a golf course is a waste of a rifle range?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This.  I'm always amused by people who say they shoot 80 but when asked how many balls did they lose or hit out of bounds, the answer is always 5-6.  Playing by the rules and playing the ball as it lies can easily add a couple of dozen strokes or more to the score of a weekender.  

I wonder who the first retarded idiot will be in this thread to say that golf is a good walk spoiled or that a golf course is a waste of a rifle range?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cyclo cross circuit.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:37:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Watch golf? No. Would rather watch grass grow.
View Quote

It’s a two-fer. You can do that at the same time.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#23]
This should be moved to the golf forum.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any comment about my ball in sand, pinned against rake, rake mostly out of trap?  

I argued rake wasn’t part of trap, hence I drop penalty free, no closer to hole. I think I cheated. There was no money involved, just buddies arguing rules.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

We were playing down south and gave a guy a drop when his ball landed about 10 yds from a gator lying right next to a water hazard.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#26]
PDGA
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

We were playing down south and gave a guy a drop when his ball landed about 10 yds from a gator lying right next to a water hazard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have USGA rule book app on my phone. Covered in 16.2.

Dangerous animal. You may take relief without penalty. Had to look it up.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#28]
PGA= WOKE. Should be at TRUMP Bedminster
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
PGA= WOKE. Should be at TRUMP Bedminster
View Quote

It is sad. Soo many wrong decisions have been made based on the biased media.

Moving the PGA.

Moving the All Star game (I think, from Atlanta).

There are lots’ more, but that gets political.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Kirk!

Holy shit!

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:16:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Match play against a fellow broker.  I won sixteen to go one up.  He pressed, and I won seventeen.  Pressed again on eighteen.  Par four, slight dogleg right.  I faded my tee ball a little and ended up about a foot in the lateral water hazard.  Thing was, it had been raining a lot the days before and the water I was in was about three feet on the fairway side of the hazard (Red) margin. Since I wasn’t in the boundary of the hazard, I was in casual water, therefor, entitled to a free drop.  He went ballistic and said I was in the hazard.  Made par, as did he, and won the match.  

We went to the pro shop to get a ruling.  Head pro says, “Casual water, free drop.”  The head pro, was M. G. Orender.  A few years before he became President of the PGA.

The second was a stroke play match against a Broker/Dealer.  The ninth was a par five.  I was on in two, but 35’ above the hole with a double break. When we got to the green, there was a Boxer (dog) sitting on the apron.  Kind of weird but the course had houses along the sides of the holes.  I hit my putt so bad and firm, it was going to go off the green.  I’d be lucky to make par.  As it went by the hole at Mach, the Boxer ran across the green, grabbed my ball and took off with it. The B/D shouted gleefully that it was a two shot penalty.  I laughed, and said it was “outside influence”, and I get to replay the shot.  I made the 35’ eagle putt on the replay.   At the turn, the pro said, “Outside influence.  Replay the putt.”  My fellow competitor was so shook up, he never recovered.  Beat him by seven.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Doesn't mean you know the rules the pros play under.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Watching while ironing uniforms for the last time this school year.

Great golf being played.

Life is good.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Any comment about my ball in sand, pinned against rake, rake mostly out of trap?  

I argued rake wasn’t part of trap, hence I drop penalty free, no closer to hole. I think I cheated. There was no money involved, just buddies arguing rules.
View Quote

In a hazard, there is no free relief from a natural obstruction.  Rock, pinecone, branch, etc.  A cigarette butt, Coke can, rake, etc., are not natural.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Touche
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:31:06 PM EDT
[#36]
Been watching off and on. Too boring for me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Golf is best while enjoying a few beers.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Match play against a fellow broker.  I won sixteen to go one up.  He pressed, and I won seventeen.  Pressed again on eighteen.  Par four, slight dogleg right.  I faded my tee ball a little and ended up about a foot in the lateral water hazard.  Thing was, it had been raining a lot the days before and the water I was in was about three feet on the fairway side of the hazard (Red) margin. Since I wasn’t in the boundary of the hazard, I was in casual water, therefor, entitled to a free drop.  He went ballistic and said I was in the hazard.  Made par, as did he, and won the match.  

We went to the pro shop to get a ruling.  Head pro says, “Casual water, free drop.”  The head pro, was M. G. Orender.  A few years before he became President of the PGA.

The second was a stroke play match against a Broker/Dealer.  The ninth was a par five.  I was on in two, but 35’ above the hole with a double break. When we got to the green, there was a Boxer (dog) sitting on the apron.  Kind of weird but the course had houses along the sides of the holes.  I hit my putt so bad and firm, it was going to go off the green.  I’d be lucky to make par.  As it went by the hole at Mach, the Boxer ran across the green, grabbed my ball and took off with it. The B/D shouted gleefully that it was a two shot penalty.  I laughed, and said it was “outside influence”, and I get to replay the shot.  I made the 35’ eagle putt on the replay.   At the turn, the pro said, “Outside influence.  Replay the putt.”  My fellow competitor was so shook up, he never recovered.  Beat him by seven.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!!!  Yep. You played the rules.

The first was obvious
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

In a hazard, there is no free relief from a natural obstruction.  Rock, pinecone, branch, etc.  A cigarette butt, Coke can, rake, etc., are not natural.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So I didn’t cheat?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Nope. I always left the rake on the outside of the bunker. Laying perpendicular to the approach to help keep someone else’s ball from going in.  Unless the rough was high.  Then I’d throw it about ten feet away so the ball would go in the beach.  Easier shot.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#41]
CHOKE!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#42]
1 stroke

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't follow golf at all but I'll root for this guy

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:53:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Periera chokes on 18.

C'mon Zalatoris.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't follow golf at all but I'll root for this guy

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/247800/FB_IMG_1653155312222_jpg-2393489.JPG
View Quote

We all have.  A Legend of the game.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#46]
No bets at this point.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I like playing golf. But I am under zero delusions that I am remotely good or even mediocre. I only do it to get outside and have fun with my buddies and act like a kid laughing. I won't play with folks who get too wound up. Even playing by my own rules I still routine stay a few dozen strokes above par and IDGAF. I have fun.

I will amend my wound up rules for people who throw clubs. I will play with those fucktards for my own amusement.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

So I didn't cheat?
View Quote
As far as I can recall, you did not cheat.   I've not read the rule book in a while though but I'm pretty sure you can remove the rake.

For you players, I've got a rules question that I've never gotten a good answer to.  Years ago in a local two-man tournament, two teams were tied and headed out to a playoff. Team 1 makes par on the first hole.

Player 1 on team 2 makes bogey so he is done. His playing partner (player 2) has a thirty foot putt for birdie so player 1 tends the flag for him (no caddies). Player 2 then hits a perfect putt and as it is approaching the hole, player 1 pulls the flag out of the hole at a very slight angle taking the cup liner with the flag and raising the cup one inch above the ground. The putt hits dead center on the cup liner at perfect speed and stops right there. Arguments ensued and even the rules official had never seen anything like it.

The putt never went in so it can't be a birdie for the win but does team 2 incur a penalty and lose the tournament?  I still don't know.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:06:39 PM EDT
[#49]
What is in the note pads the pros all carry?  First tournament I’ve ever watched.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What is in the note pads the pros all carry?  First tournament I've ever watched.
View Quote
Scorecard and course.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top