Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2021 7:17:27 AM EDT
I stumbled into an old push/pull Nikon 80-200mm lens for cheap.  Has a small amount of dust and it looks like a small spot of fungas on the inside.  Exterior is perfect and it operates fine.  Takes nice pics.

Just out of curiosity, anybody ever send in their lens for disassembly, cleaning, and re-lubing?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I've sent a few in for repairs, i.e., drops etc.

No complaints at all, I would not take or send then to an independent shop.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Been a while since I have done that. Since I am on the west coast, sent the lens to Nikon in Los Angeles.
Probably run you about $300.
Given the age of the lens, I am guessing that spare parts are no longer available should you ever need them.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 10:24:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent them a 24-85 about 3 years ago that got scratched (and needed a lot of help otherwise based on age). It is NOT cheap, and the value of these things is dropping fast. I found a mint condition used replacement to the lens not long after I repaired it for LESS than the repair. It would be hard to pony up that cash again...

That said, the work was fantastic.

-shooter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top