Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/5/2023 9:03:37 PM EDT
Any truth to what the bald guy is saying? Sounds like we're headed for a crapstorm if so.

Market Wipeout, Deflation Next As Wealth Effect Reverses | Mike McGlone

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 10:22:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Speedwinder] [#1]
Originally Posted By CPT_CAVEMAN:
Any truth to what the bald guy is saying? Sounds like we're headed for a crapstorm if so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNa9rVcy7XM

View Quote

My answer is "maybe". I pretty much gave up predicting the future. Too many moving parts for me to know for sure. So, I tend to stay with stocks that I think will do well over time, but also keep a good amount of CD's, T-bills, and some cash, just in case things get bad.

I think that if the market takes a big long-term down turn, those who are prepared to ride it out will come back and do well over time.

Timing the market? I don't know how to do that successfully, and I have been in the market for 35+ years or so.

I am currently in caution mode, small moves, but staying in the market mostly.

Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#2]
FPNI

Maybe is the perfect answer.   I'm not selling and would not be surprised if things continue to rise.  I'd also not be surprised if they take a dump.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Doom sellers.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 8:49:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FALARAK:
Doom sellers.
View Quote

So all of the stuff he mentioned isn't actually true?
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FALARAK:
Doom sellers.

He is drawing *conclusions* based on his opinion of the data.  So no - this isn't a discussion of "truth".

Mike McGlone has been parroting this stuff for a long time, and he admitted in the video he was wrong because he was too early. He is a doom seller.  He looks at the same data points everyone else does.  He just sells to people who are biased to gobble it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top