Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2023 10:19:26 AM EDT
SO could not find my brand and bought the anti stuff. All good till I showered in the evening in cleaning my armpits with soap, it felt like my pits had a wax coating. Had to scrub. Is this stuff always this nasty?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#1]
First time using anti-perspirant?  In Middle School you're going to start noticing some changes in your body...
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:23:09 AM EDT
[#2]
pretty much. i can’t use deodorant only, it irritates the hell out of my skin for some reason, but antiperspirant doesn’t. it’s like trying to scrub wax off.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:23:21 AM EDT
[#3]
OP had BBO.

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#4]
It does put a film on you.

For anyone looking for a deodorant only that kicks ass—Lume > Native.  I tested Lume in 100 degree heat and humidity of Memphis TN and didn’t stink.

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been using deodorant only for years.   Antiperspirant has the opposite effect on me.  It causes me to sweat profusely.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, it’s why I prefer a deodorant vs. an antiperspirant when I have to wear something to keep from stinking while out.  I’m mostly at home though, so I usually just shower if I start stinking.  I hate wearing deodorant or antiperspirant.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:30:55 AM EDT
[#7]
The new 48hr shit is NASTY. I had to change brands because after 20 years, they went to this 48hr shit and it’s oily, it ruins shirts, it’s a mega fail.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:36:02 AM EDT
[#8]
In before the Old Spice guys that walk around smelling like goat nuts and paprika.

But seriously, yes it leaves a film. It will build up in shirts if you do end up sweating too. Deodorizers make me itchy and sweaty or I would use them instead.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:38:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Deodorant is just perfume for your pits.

Congrats on no longer stinking.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Alzheimer's by the time you finish the stick.

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Wife read a theory that alzheimers is being caused by a buildup of aluminum in the brain due to decades of deodorant use since it contains aluminum oxide I believe?

Switched us to one that does not contain aluminum but it does nothing to control perspiration and only last about 12 hours for me.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

If you get a deodorant with something to kill the bacteria, then you don’t stink.  I like something with silver in it.  Degree used to make a 48 hour deodorant with silver, and that stuff worked in triple digit south Texas heat.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have been using deodorant only for years.   Antiperspirant has the opposite effect on me.  It causes me to sweat profusely.
View Quote

Me too.  Took me years to figure out it was the Antiperspirant that was the problem.  Also no more crusty stains on my T-shirts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wife read a theory that alzheimers is being caused by a buildup of aluminum in the brain due to decades of deodorant use since it contains aluminum oxide I believe?

Switched us to one that does not contain aluminum but it does nothing to control perspiration and only last about 12 hours for me.
View Quote

The aluminum salts are the antiperspirants.  Deodorant usually doesn’t have aluminum in it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you get a deodorant with something to kill the bacteria, then you don’t stink.  I like something with silver in it.  Degree used to make a 48 hour deodorant with silver, and that stuff worked in triple digit south Texas heat.
View Quote

Well since they used to what do you use now? I hate this shirt ruining 48hr shit antiperspirant.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wrong.  Deodorant has additives to kill bacteria.  Bacteria is where the smell comes from.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#18]
What is your brand?  What brand did you buy?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Don’t use that stuff.

Full of aluminum..

Aluminum builds up in brain.

People who have Alzheimer’s have a lot of a aluminum in their brain..

They claim aluminum doesn’t have anything to do with Alzheimer’s.

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
OP had BBO.

View Quote

[homersimpson]Mmmm, BBQ[/homersimpson]
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:54:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
SO could not find my brand and bought the anti stuff. All good till I showered in the evening in cleaning my armpits with soap, it felt like my pits had a wax coating. Had to scrub. Is this stuff always this nasty?
View Quote

I can't use it after a couple days I get a weird zit for cyst like thing under my armpit.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:06:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Laugh all you want about her commercials but the results speak for themselves.  No aluminum and no toxic chemicals either.  Shit just works.  I was a former naysayer.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:11:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

this

feel like i rubbed a candle under my arm....and still sweat
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:12:26 AM EDT
[#25]
I had a boss that ruined dress shirts with pit stains. Multiple people always told him to switch to deodorant, but he never listened.

I've never seen pit stains like his.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

this

feel like i rubbed a candle under my arm....and still sweat
View Quote

what i need is a ass-crack anti perseperant...
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:15:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well since they used to what do you use now? I hate this shirt ruining 48hr shit antiperspirant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went looking online, and Degree, Dove, and Nivea have all discontinued their silver containing products.  I’m SOL when I have to reup.  Looks like there might be some products that they make for non US markets available on Amazon, but I can’t recommend anything I don’t know works.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I went looking online, and Degree, Dove, and Nivea have all discontinued their silver containing products.  I’m SOL when I have to reup.  Looks like there might be some products that they make for non US markets available on Amazon, but I can’t recommend anything I don’t know works.
View Quote

Damn
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#29]
If you use an anti use Sure unscented. No rash, no odor, no noticeable waxy feel.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#30]
It's 2022, if you're not using spray antiperspirant with no reside I don't know what to tell you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:43:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's 2022, if you're not using spray antiperspirant with no reside I don't know what to tell you.
View Quote

Clear, stick deodorant (only) for me, please.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:52:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

For anyone looking for a deodorant only that kicks ass—Lume > Native.  I tested Lume in 100 degree heat and humidity of Memphis TN and didn’t stink.

View Quote

That Lume is $17.00 on amazon
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:55:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The aluminum salts are the antiperspirants.  Deodorant usually doesn't have aluminum in it.
View Quote
I believe they work by "plugging" your sweat glands?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:58:55 AM EDT
[#34]
I use the deodorant-only from Old Spice. You have to be careful because they have the same scents in both anti-perspirant and deodorant as they do in deodorant only.  Why can't they put all of the anti-perspirant & deodorant in the red container, and all of the deodorant only int he white, or something like that?
The white containers have some pretty good scents (the red containers smell bad, imo), and they seem to work very well for 12-18 hours.

I worry about aluminum build-up in my brain. My grandmother and my dad both had dementia.  I figure what can it hurt to not put some unknown thing in my body.

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Get the best.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:13:54 PM EDT
[#37]
I used to use the Gillette clear gel antiperspirant. It went on without much issue and if you gave it a couple minutes to dry out before you put on a shirt it didn’t stay sticky.

However I ended up switching to Old Spice deodorant only due to the aluminum worries, that and it would eventually ruin the pits in my undershirts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:27:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

This or the salt crystal thing.

If im out camping takes a couple days before I stink
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
OP had BBO.

View Quote

Big black orifice?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 12:58:16 PM EDT
[#40]
The aluminum in anti-perspirant causes me to itch and get a rash.  I use Tom's of Maine deodorant only.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@bespride

It’s $15 direct from Lume.
The tube is the best value because it only takes a pea sized amount.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dang I don't know anything about that bro. I'm only 45, geez.
Top Top