BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:26:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]
All large cities are slowly devolving into lawless chaos. We will soon be like many other third world shitholes where you need bullet proof glass and anti carjacking countermeasures just to drive around.

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:41:03 AM EDT
[#4]
My care meter isn’t budging until I know the victims political ideology.
Liberals? Oh well, you get what you want.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If these were happening they'd be in the news or someone would mention it in passing here.  

View Quote

Street take overs happen often enough. It’s a car culture thing among the young.

The shooting is what made it news.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:02:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess letting the who's street crowd run amuck wasn't the best idea. Not enforcing laws only encourages more of this

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
more vids and pics of the news anchor looking hot in the red dress.
View Quote

Yeah, she`s hot!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:48:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Did you watch the video?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good shoot

Did you watch the video?

Obviously not .

gd
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#9]
The Tesla owners call this “terrifying”.  Houston calls this “Tuesday”.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:56:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Nothing good happens in h-town after dark.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#11]

That photo says it all .  Befuddled old man wondering where he's at and what's for lunch .   Being viewed by a dedicated " progressive " who has determined that he is the lunch .

She's gonna get him sooner or later .

gd
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Tesla owners call this “terrifying”.  Houston calls this “Tuesday”.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:08:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Looks like that video captured the shooters face. It won’t be long now until he is IDed. Here in GA he’d be facing 20+ years.
View Quote

Here in Harris County, the shooter will most likely face probation, maybe deferred.  I'm serious about that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I was about to say, it looks like a decent neighborhood on MLS.  Nothing I would consider sketchy for Houston.
View Quote

I own property in that area.  Go by there at night.  It's a shithole.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:10:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Ronnie Spector FTW
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Looks like the news was pulling at least one of the videos from Reddit based on the surrounding text. I just can't wait for all the leftist over fucking joyed the capitol protesters are getting hunted down with selfies and cell phone data turn to crying bitches when this new power is unleashed full bore on communities of color. It'll be racist white supremacy totalitarianism then...
View Quote

When the political opposition is subdued the focus will then be on their own parties internal threats. The pawns are still needed for now.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Never go to Houston unarmed, it is a shithole.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#18]
wait, Tesla has no "R"?

Who drives down a constricted street toward a crowd late at night in Houston?

The Telsaness is strong within them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah, got disqualified from jury duty in Harris County years ago because I was too analytical for the defense attorney.  Most of the jurors were barely literate FSA.  Don't skip out on jury duty because trust me, what gets picked is SCARY.
View Quote
Every single time I get called for Harris county jury duty I get sent home when they see I'm a white make engineer.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:48:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Duh, that's why having a 4wd with a brush guard is requirement around here.

You're behind the times, OP.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Looking at street view in google maps, that area looks distinctly middle class, not hood.
View Quote
It certainly isn't the worst area of the city but I wouldn't call it nice.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:52:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was about to say, it looks like a decent neighborhood on MLS.  Nothing I would consider sketchy for Houston.
View Quote
By what metric do you make that assessment?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That's out by BP and the other energy companies a bunch of normal people stuff, top golf and decent hotels.  I was surprised it wasn't guns point or some other ghetto.
View Quote
I've had a couple of training classes down in that area, while the new development helped clean the place up there are still some areas that get me to be more aware.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Mostly peaceful protesters.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:03:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I spent a memorial day weekend at my aunt and uncle's place. It was a real nice area. We walked to some shopping area that was a bunch of stores right on the street like old time Main Street USA.

The problem is the rest of Houston has become/is becoming home to menace to society.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I live in Houston and this shit is getting out of hand.
View Quote

Well people voted to turn it into Baltimore 2 years ago, and the first Republican mayoral candidate who had a chance fucked himself by suppprting higher taxes, so...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:17:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Looking at Houston's crime map the area below is where they were when it happened.  I'm going to guess liberals in their Tesla visiting friends that live in a shitty neighborhood to prove their commitment to diversity.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/206338/0AAAC62B-8817-429A-ABBC-14CEDCD848CF_jpe-1798852.JPG

View Quote

That neighborhood wasn't shitty as early as 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We are living in an era where mob rules.

Some laws are enforced, other times they are ignored.

Everyone needs to know enough a gun, train and be prepared to use it.

This is nuts.

View Quote

Wrong.

You need to learn how to be invisible and not get caught.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#30]
This sounds like perfect justification for an MPX mag dump in response.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Biggest thing I noticed is when the vibrant youth pulled his firearm and shot a couple of rounds, there was a girl like 2 feet from the muzzle parallel to it.

Must have been pretty damn loud for her.

Quoted:
more vids and pics of the news anchor looking hot in the red dress.
View Quote

Mia Gradney is her name, and she is indeed fine

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:29:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Trolling comment removed. - DV8
View Quote

The fuck is wrong with you?

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Why not shoot back?
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#34]
PoS.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Trolling comment removed. - DV8

Always good for a laugh when a retread springs for a Plat but does the same old shit and gets another lock. LMAO
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:17:15 PM EDT
[#36]
That shit used to happen down at Westheimer and Dunvale. 15-20 years ago anyway. I live out in Fort Bend and it’s starting to get sideways out here.  Have had a few shootings lately out here where I live and it has been stupid quiet for the last 15 years.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#37]
i think there is more to this story than is being told.  

How was it that they started shouting and threatening them?   News story makes it seem that they were singled out.

I bet he was honking and trying to force his way through the blockage.  

Best bet to stay safe was to chill until it is over or find a safe way to  make a u turn and backtrack.

if you start honking in a crowd of pieces of shit like that, violence is too probable.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Looks like the news was pulling at least one of the videos from Reddit based on the surrounding text. I just can't wait for all the leftist over fucking joyed the capitol protesters are getting hunted down with selfies and cell phone data turn to crying bitches when this new power is unleashed full bore on communities of color. It'll be racist white supremacy totalitarianism then...
View Quote

I hope HPD is gathering all cell phone data from that time and location and interviewing EVERY single registered cell phone owner that was present.

fuck Sylvester Turner!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:36:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I live North of Houston and everything inside of 610 should be nuked...
View Quote

I used to live in Montrose area and really enjoyed it.   problem was its just too expensive for a 3500sqft house.   3500sqft Townhomes are just too close together.

had to move North of town and love it
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:53:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Especially with Houston’s lack of zoning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, .25 of a mile and it can turn to shit in a hurry.

Hking

Lack of big city government property use oversight is the problem here?  Been in Houston for awhile now, lack of zoning is no problem at all - maybe you can explain how it is? Bet not.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's Harris County, you kill someone.  Get caught.  Got to probable cause court.  Judge sets bond (most likely low bond amount), homie calls the bondsman.  Gets out of jail for maybe $3,000 for a felony murder case.  Lot's of murderers and capital murderers are out on bond in Harris County.
View Quote
I've been told the family of murder victims could easily come into contact with these murderers out on bond.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Texas is a big state and Houston doesn't define the entire state, Mr. Anonymous No State Man.
View Quote

Yeah but Houston and Austin and Dallas and Corpus do... Texas is quickly becoming a sh!thole just like the rest of the country...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Cities across the country are turning to shit due to more progressive politicians
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I live in Houston and this shit is getting out of hand.

Cities across the country are turning to shit due to more progressive politicians

Progressive politicians get traction from progressive constituents. Sociopolitics has shifted substantially enough that we get what we have here today, which is the way they like it. Well, they gets it.

I don't like it...any more than you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've only been there once to see an investment property near the beltway, just outside, and it seemed like a decent place.  Please PM me on what you have observed.  I own a bit of property in Houston also, lets compare notes
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I live North of Houston and everything inside of 610 should be nuked...
View Quote

Houston proper has been a shithole for decades.  Have to get pretty far outside the loop to avoid that kind of crap, hell you pretty much don't want to go south of 1960 all the way to the water.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:21:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
This gun violence is terrible.

We need to ban semi automatic rifles.

View Quote

Especially those sneaky INVISIBLE Semi-Automatic Rifles...
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 6:49:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
All large cities are slowly devolving into lawless chaos. We will soon be like many other third world shitholes where you need bullet proof glass and anti carjacking countermeasures just to drive around.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:10:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I was born and raised in Houston. 70s-80s. It was bad then. My parents stayed until the 2010s and it was steadily getting worse. The Katrina shitbags just added to the problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Funny how I don't remember hearing things like this until after Katrina when all the shit bags left New Orleans for Houston.

I was born and raised in Houston. 70s-80s. It was bad then. My parents stayed until the 2010s and it was steadily getting worse. The Katrina shitbags just added to the problems.

Me too, 60s-early 70s. Lived most of that time in what was the sleepy little suburb of Galena Park. Aside from one layover in Houston a few years ago, I've not been back since 1973.  I still don't miss it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:18:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Funny how I don't remember hearing things like this until after Katrina when all the shit bags left New Orleans for Houston.
View Quote
Ex was from Houston. It was garbage 40 years ago when she was a little girl.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Lack of big city government property use oversight is the problem here?  Been in Houston for awhile now, lack of zoning is no problem at all - maybe you can explain how it is? Bet not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, .25 of a mile and it can turn to shit in a hurry.

Hking

Not THE problem. A contributing factor.

If you can’t discern differences present in The Woodlands, Kingwood, or Katy after a drive down Westheimer, on your own, no one can explain it to you.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top