Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 8:17:07 PM EDT
Saturday was our Grand Chapter Convocation and Grand Council Assembly.

I started the day simply being a Past for both. All that was required was to be introduced and be the installing officer for Grand Council. One of the Companions I had appointed to the line asked me to install him. It was a great honor.

However, somehow when the meetings were over, I am now a member of the Chapter Jurisprudence Committee, the Council Jurisprudence Committee, a Grand Chapter Trustee, a Grand Council Trustee and on the board of directors of one of our foundations.

I’m still trying to figure out what the hell happened. One moment I’m just a has been. The next I have five new jobs. Three of them for three years. At least I was smart enough to refuse to the chair of the jurisprudence committees. I’ve done that more than once.

If my wife was one of the seven dwarves, guess which one she’d be. (Hint, it’s not Happy.)
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 The lost Masonic word really is "no".

Was that virtual or in person?  We still haven't resumed in person YR meetings in Utah.  Our Grand sessions this Saturday will be virtual.
View Quote

I had recovered the word for a couple of years. I had even turned down a couple of honorary bodies. Then Saturday it all went poof. I almost didn’t notice the first nomination. I wasn’t paying any attention at all. Then when I was elected I think I responded with something like, “Yeah, I suppose.” The others I figured I have to be at the meetings anyway.

They were via Zoom. Chapter and Council are now, thanks to the new Presiding Grand Officers, live with continued virtual option. We are going to return to degree work also. Grand Encampment still has the General Order for no in-person. But, Triennial in August is live.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:41:48 AM EDT
[#3]
First post nails it.

The lost word is "No."
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 8:32:04 AM EDT
[#4]
This is alchemy in action. You just got transmuted!
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I really didn’t see it coming. The off-going trustee had been nominated and I didn’t expect anyone to challenge him. All of a sudden the Master of my lodge nominated me. I grabbed my phone and sent him a text asking what the hell he was doing. Before he could answer the ballot popped up on my screen.

It was a tie.  

The co-host for the meeting asked to be permitted to vote on the second ballot. He was and he did. So it’s his fault.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top