Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2020 3:11:30 PM EDT
she's the Republican candidate for Congress running against Charlie Crist here in FL.  In an email I got from her campaign:

Anna Paulina Luna Files FEC Complaint Against Twitter
Complaint Outlines Illegal In-Kind Contributions

SAINT PETERSBURG, FL - Today, Anna Paulina Luna filed a formal complaint against Twitter in which she outlined why Twitter's refusal to provide services to her violates the Federal Election Campaign Act.

The Twitter corporation is providing a free service to Charlie Crist that helps him promote his message and increase his fundraising while refusing to provide the same service to Anna Paulina Luna.  That is illegal corporate support of a federal candidate.  

Charlie Crist should reject this election interference, and the Federal Election Commission should crackdown on Twitter's illegal corporate contributions.

Twitter is well-aware of the value of verification and its influence on American politics.  When explaining the exact Twitter policy at issue in this matter, Twitter's Public Policy Director Bridget Coyne stated "when voters look for the latest breaking news and political commentary during an election, they turn to Twitter to find it directly from the source."  Furthermore, Twitter has emphasized that it plays a "critical role" in "empowering democratic conversation, driving civil participation, facilitating meaningful political debate, and enabling people to hold those in power accountable."

"Twitter must stop silencing voices they do not agree with," said Anna Paulina Luna.  "The free exchange of ideas and opinions is fundamental to American democracy.  Social media companies have willingly become a part of, and in fact, monetized that marketplace.  In the context of their role in American elections, it is both their legal and moral obligation to be fair.  This should not be a right or left issue.  Every American should defend free speech and the public exchange of ideas.  Big-tech has a responsibility to do the same. And although the bias of the big-tech elite is well-known and widely reported, nobody is holding them accountable.  I will.  And I will carry this fight well past this election because is time for the overlords of big-tech to stop meddling in American democracy and interfering with our elections.  It is corrosive, illegal, and wholly un-American."

The full complaint can be found by clicking here.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:12:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are the pics!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where are the pics!!!!!
View Quote

sigh.....  for the leg-humpers:

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd console it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#4]
So hot, want to touch the hiney
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I predict 3 pages by 5pm all talking about how hot she is and discussing nothing in the op.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't wanna discuss anything in the op but WOOOOO she's hot
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Its become increasingly clear over the last 4 years that most social media IS a publisher and not a platform.

Next 4 years are going to see huge shake ups.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Its become increasingly clear over the last 4 years that most social media IS a publisher and not a platform.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

yep.  It's like Big Tech knows DoJ ain't gonna do shit.

Next 4 years are going to see huge shake ups.

I sure hope so.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I predict 3 pages by 5pm all talking about how hot she is and discussing nothing in the op.
View Quote

I'll comment.

Good.

I hope (yeah, I know) the FEC goes in dry on Twatter and it's owners.

"Verifying" one side and not the other is pure BS, giving advantage to Crist.

And she's correct about the Crist campaign - if they had an ounce of morals/ ethics they would demand Twatter verify her campaign and quit using Twatter until they do.

IMHO
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Social Media publishers ("Platforms") only allowing one side a voice, or verifying the bonafides of one side can easily be argued is a non-monetary campaign contribution.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:33:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I hope (yeah, I know) the FEC goes in dry on Twatter and it's owners.

View Quote

I think all of Washington DC is holding its breath to see who wins the election.  They don't want to do their jobs and potentially piss off President Biden.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:34:17 PM EDT
[#14]
but muh private business

but muh their business their rules

but muh section 230
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I've heard she is polling well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live in her district, and I gotta tell you, I see lots of her signs everywhere and ZERO Charlie Crist signs.  

It's like he either doesn't want to be re-elected, or he knows the fix is in and voter fraud will make sure he gets re-elected so why bother...
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#17]
How are her chances down there OP?
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Social Media publishers ("Platforms") only allowing one side a voice, or verifying the bonafides of one side can easily be argued is a non-monetary campaign contribution.
View Quote

let's hope Trump wins, does some serious housecleaning in DOJ, and sends DoJ on a mission to buttsecks the social media giants who have been doing this stuff.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:41:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How are her chances down there OP?
View Quote

Pinellas County is about evenly divided between the D and R vote, with lots of independent voters.  She could easily win if Republican-voters get off their asses and go vote.

I've met her in person, she's very sharp, personable, sincere, and likable.  And pretty.  The ballistic magazine pics went overboard on the trashy makeup.

Charlie Crist doesn't seem to be campaigning at all.  I haven't seen the first Crist yard sign yet.  He refused to debate her, then claimed SHE refused to debate HIM.  He's slimy, he mainly won because the RINO who had the district before him was apathetic and the R voters returned the favor.

I looked at her Twitter followers versus his Twitter followers, she blows him away.  He has 13.5K followers for his official Rep account and over 32K for his campaign account, she has over 220K followers for her campaign account.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#20]
My hard drive just upgraded to solid state!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#22]

I don't get it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Sexshun 230.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd pole her well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would like to find out more about her poling.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 4:40:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe they just needed to know what she did in the AF
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Maybe they just needed to know what she did in the AF
View Quote

JFC not this shit again... pls keep that shit outta my threads.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

1. You think very poorly of us.

2. What has been twitters response?

3. What is Crist's campaign response?

4. Where are the damn cameltoe pics???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top