Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2018 10:18:30 AM EDT
Finally following up from the archived thread:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Mobile-Android-Parental-Controls-/75-2163214/

Been reading up on it online and see a lot of praise for Qustodio, but not much mention of MMGuardian.

Anybody used/have experience with both and can give an honest head to head comparison?

Mainly looking to set access times to keep them from being on it 24/7 (turn off both wifi and 4G on a schedule, or allow calls only within a specified time range, etc).

Monitoring texts/calls and location finding are also priorities.  Social media monitoring, etc would be nice too.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I've had MMGuardian on my 14 year old son's phone for the last year. I love it and he hates it.

You have individual control of every app. You can require them to use the MMGuardian texting app, and get an alert if they're sending or receiving texts with any words you choose. You can pick what browser they use and it can filter sites. You can also set the phone to lock or unlock at certain times of the day. His locks at 1030 PM every night and unlocks at 6 AM. I can send a text and lock or unlock it at any time. He can still emergency call and text when locked.

I've been very happy with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top