Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2020 9:41:57 PM EDT
...a man with three buttoc... uh, three P90's. (SX Liquid)

Had to order one of these once i saw it.  Aside from the sound samples seeming pretty decent, it would make a good mod platform.  Tortoise shell pickguard and a Bigsby anyone? Arrives Friday according to Fedex. Judging from other pics, it should be more of a Fender cream color, bad lighting in this stock photo.  We'll see if its a hidden gem or flaming pile of excrement for $139. And because a cheap guitar needs a cheap pedal, i ordered a Caline Pegasus Overdrive pedal, another Klon Centaur clone. Probably brought to you by the makers of Coronavirus...

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Same chedder spent on a romeo 5 RDS...
no ragrets
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 6:51:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Received today. A sharp looking guitar. One of the kids said "that's really cool" the other said "I think i threw up in my mouth a little." For full disclosure, this color is very difficult to photograph properly. It looks very similar to cream colored Fender guitars but comes out yellowish in my pics. My 3rd pic is the most accurate.

Pros: pickups sound decent, no major high frets, 3-ply pickguard, paint is great.
Cons: sharp fret ends, body is soft, cheapest sealed tuning machines I've ever seen, cheap plastic nut, strange ring from string tree, neck needed shim (strings misaligned over fretboard and pole pieces). Reeeaaally cheap knobs. No rear body contour.  Guitar delivered was different configuration than one shown on site regarding location of 5-way switch (not sure if it really matters to me)..

Shimmed the neck easily but quickly found out the body was soft when I overtightened the neck bolts which caused the finish to crack around the neckplate and near the neck pocket ... Overall I'm happy with it.  I'll  take the edges off the fret ends and replace the nut and tuners.

Link Posted: 4/25/2020 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Well the Body shape is cool
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:26:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 12:59:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Very unique sound if you haven't used P90's before. They absolutely love fuzz pedals and have a nice mid-bottom growl. Probably won't upgrade pickups since nothing i have is low output so this will fill a gap for me. I had already ordered some replacement tuners/trees before i realized tuning had greatly stabilized.  I think the wood was taking longer to adjust to our balmy climate than expected so ill leave the nut alone for now (juice not worth the squeeze since I've never gone WOW after replacing a nut).

And I noticed after taking the pics I realized I scored some "boner flame" (what RJ Ronquillo called the "bonus" light flaming he didnt have to pay for in is Novo Serus J)...  The wood has that very white "squier" maple tone so every bit helps..
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting.  What is the fingerboard radius? I am guessing 9"
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting.  What is the fingerboard radius? I am guessing 9"
View Quote
I believe its 12". That pale neck and board kinda make it look smaller.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe its 12". That pale neck and board kinda make it look smaller.
View Quote
Ahh cool.  I kinda get a fireman vibe from that.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quarantine funstation... Light on Pegasus matches the Line 6 color for the effects loop.  Not sure if I'll get BS called on me here but have been comparing the Liquid to available clips of the Reverend Warhawk 390 (3-P90's) and it comes very close, closer than I would have believed if someone else told me this about a guitar in this price range. Of course I'm not comparing the quality, just the pickups thru similar amps (Twins). I'll be interested in seeing what's under the hood at my next string change. The Pegasus is interesting as it it really shines with lower output pickups. I have to dial it back with my Tele or dual humbucker Ibanez.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top