Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/19/2021 12:48:52 PM EDT

The L452R strain in California raised alarms because it is associated with several large outbreaks in Santa Clara County, including one at a hospital that infected at least 90 people and killed one staff member. Officials at Kaiser Permanente San Jose Medical Center said a staff member wearing an inflatable Christmas tree costume to spread holiday cheer probably spread coronavirus-laden droplets.

Sara Cody, Santa Clara County's top public health official, described that episode as a "very unusual outbreak with a lot of illnesses, and it seemed to spread quite fast."

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Another-coronavirus-variant-linked-to-growing-15880005.php
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
So...was this a sick employee who came to work, or an act of bioterrorism ?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:51:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Merry Christmas motherfuckers!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:51:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Good question. I don't know.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#5]
But they were wearing a mask
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#6]
"As current epidemic surge peaks, we may see 3-4 weeks of declines in new cases but then new variant will take over," Gottlieb tweeted Sunday, referring to the variant discovered in Britain. "It'll double in prevalence about every week. It'll change the game and could mean we have persistent high infection through spring until we vaccinate enough people."
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]
That’s a full body mask.  Is this a tacit admission that masks don’t work?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
But they were wearing a mask
View Quote

Well, yes but*

Without masking it would have been a bloodbath.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:04:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's a flow pressurized suit. Fan blows through it sending air everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi Ho Ho Now I have a Christmas Tree
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:04:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood, something that could never, ever possibly destroy us..
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:05:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Merry Christmas motherfuckers!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like a mouth under a mask?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I am going to guess a worker who had the sniffles and came in anyway, attending the Christmas party in an inflatable costume, the fan spreading virus everywhere.
Doubt he was there to try to kill everyone but hey, lets leave the story somewhat ambiguous to spread more fear.

From what I am seeing, people are falling back into their default of continuing to be out and about even when sick. One of my neighbors has China virus (confirmed) and is sick but not debilitatingly so. They leave their house once or twice a day, no idea where they are going but they are just doing there thing like they have a cold or flu.

Knowing this is exceptionally dangerous to old and/or compromised people, you would think people would do the common courtesy of staying home until their symptoms subside but I guess not...

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought it was a turd costume.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Had to wear one when I visited a hospitalized relative.  It had a battery pack you wore on your belt.  I thought it would make a great halloween costume.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:07:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"As current epidemic surge peaks, we may see 3-4 weeks of declines in new cases but then new variant will take over," Gottlieb tweeted Sunday, referring to the variant discovered in Britain. "It'll double in prevalence about every week. It'll change the game and could mean we have persistent high infection through spring until we vaccinate enough people."
View Quote

Former FDA CHIEF and board member of Pfizer and Illumina.  He’s a scaremonger.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I guess that inflatable outfit would be like running a PAPR in reverse, basically an exhale valve on steroids.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:08:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I bet that made a sick Tic Tok video tho!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:09:36 PM EDT
[#20]
So this is what is known as a staff infection?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Like a mouth under a mask?
View Quote

Yes though alot higher flow then lungs so in reality yeah it probably difuses droplets alot farther then masked or unmasked breathing.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:12:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Breathing has become an act of bioterrorism in the new normal.

Remember you are sick and diseased until proven healthy.  And just because you aren't sick doesnt mean you arent spreading the plague.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:16:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:16:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Was the employee's name Mary?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

That depends. Did he vote for Trump? Sarc.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Ho Ho Ho. Now I have a biological weapon.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I tried to think of the most harmless thing. Something I loved from my childhood, something that could never, ever possibly destroy us..
View Quote

Nice thinking, Ray.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#28]
lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Something about this story doesn't make sense. My son had a T-rex version of this costume and the fan sucks air into the costume to keep it inflated. If it was sucking out at a high rate it would be like a vacuum sealer rather than an inflatable. Now that positive air pressure may be blowing virus out of the seams but it doesn't have an exhalation valve that would concentrate it to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#31]
Nurse was a murderer. 90 sick 1 dead.
Manslaughter charges and revocation of her license.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:30:58 PM EDT
[#32]

OK, I rost.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Something about this story doesn't make sense. My son had a T-rex version of this costume and the fan sucks air into the costume to keep it inflated. If it was sucking out at a high rate it would be like a vacuum sealer rather than an inflatable. Now that positive air pressure may be blowing virus out of the seams but it doesn't have an exhalation valve that would concentrate it to my knowledge.
View Quote

Fan blows air in and pressurizes the suit, but that air has to go somewhere and escapes through the fabric or out around the edges.

If the person inside is infectious and shedding virus, it's a walking virus dispensary.

As was demonstrated scientifically months ago in studying improvised face coverings, some kinds of fabrics do not function as filters and instead serve to break up virus-containing particles into smaller sizes that are actually more transmissible; I suspect the fabric used for this kind of outfit did exactly that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#34]
‘She was just spreading joy:’
As she described it, “you just see this Christmas tree coming bounding down towards you, and it makes you smile. It was a brief moment of levity, and you get back to working.”

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/01/04/she-was-just-spreading-joy-kaiser-nurse-reveals-details-of-suspected-christmas-tree-costume-covid-superspreader/
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:35:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

.  Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah it’s pretty simple dude, the air goes out at the same rate it goes in.   The germs go where the air goes.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Millenials: There's too many people on this planet. We need a fucking plague.

Corona virus: sup

Millenials: oh fuck!

Corona virus:

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:44:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

In The New Normal, there will be no difference.  All must stay home while all-generous government sees to their needs.  If you disagree, you will be re-educated...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

In The New Normal, there will be no difference.  All must stay home while all-generous government sees to their needs.  If you disagree, you will be re-educated...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will there be an 8 year path to re-education ?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Are we saying masks don't work now?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:52:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Are we saying masks don't work now?
View Quote

Seems to have little to no effect on costumed creatures.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:52:14 PM EDT
[#42]

I was just thinking "Ho Ho Ho, now I have an inflatable Christmas tree costume" for that shirt before I saw your post.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Unusual looking tree.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Domestic terrorist.  Was he in DC on January 6th?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:57:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Air in = air out.  Otherwise it would expand like a balloon.  It just comes in concentrated and leaks out whatever openings there are.  The more leakage, the more air the fan has to move to keep up.

ETA Beat.  On a side note - who thought that was a good idea?  Worried about COVID so lets wear a costume to a hospital that involves circulating a bunch of air.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I thought it was a turd costume.
View Quote
Change the color and it can be.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:59:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

THE. VACCINE. DOES. NOT. KEEP. YOU. FROM. GETTING. AND. SPREADING. THE. VIRUS.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:02:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I guess that inflatable outfit would be like running a PAPR in reverse, basically an exhale valve on steroids.
View Quote

This is what I am getting out of it.

Basically it was a sick dipshit wearing a distribution device (unbeknownst to them).
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:06:53 PM EDT
[#49]
This isn't the first time that one of those pressurized costumes has been associated with significant spread of Covid in a healthcare setting.  I believe the last case I read about related to several healthcare workers taking turns wearing one of these T-rex costumes.  Complete idiots...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Unpossible!!!

I have been told by numerous people on this site that medical professionals are specially trained and therefore are not spreaders or to be considered close contacts.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top