Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2021 10:17:43 AM EDT
The Keys To Unlock The Signs Of The End, And Why You Must Get Ready To Leave Your Cities

WARNING:  The link contains an attachment, a book written by the author that can be downloaded for free.  The book is over 600 pages long.

I have only read a couple of chapters so far.

It's interesting but I realize most won't want to devote that much time to it, hence the warning.

No need to post "TL:DR".  I get it.  If I didn't have all kinds of free time I wouldn't read it either.

The rest of  you:  it is very interesting so far.

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Good article.
I plan on downloading the book.
Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 5:40:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm about 130 pages in.  It's not looking good for the churches that embrace wokism and homosexuality as "normal."  It also places Gog and Magog in Turkey instead of Russia like most latter-day Revelation interpretists do.  It's also not buying into the idea that modern Israel is all that holy with its being one of the main proponents of homo and bisexuality.  In fact, this book contends they may be on the receiving end of some really bad shit because of it.

Now we all know that when the Master comes why most are left out regardless of their
Evangelical stage performing miracles and Catholic priests casting demons in His name.
These have not even understood what constitutes the word righteousness. They fear the
label of homophobia. We cannot approach the subject sensitively. How can we politely tell a
dressed up pig that it is still a pig?
View Quote

Interested yet?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm about 130 pages in.  It's not looking good for the churches that embrace wokism and homosexuality as "normal."  It also places Gog and Magog in Turkey instead of Russia like most latter-day Revelation interpretists do.  It's also not buying into the idea that modern Israel is all that holy with its being one of the main proponents of homo and bisexuality.  In fact, this book contends they may be on the receiving end of some really bad shit because of it.

Interested yet?
View Quote

Turkey didn’t kill 30 million Christians that was Stalin the half Christian. Not very reliable to place Gog Magog-Ajoj Majoj in a Muslim country since the tribes are enclosed near the North Pole.

Author needs a history lesson.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Turkey didn’t kill 30 million Christians that was Stalin the half Christian. Not very reliable to place Gog Magog-Ajoj Majoj in a Muslim country since the tribes are enclosed near the North Pole.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interested yet?

All I can add is that there's no way to respond to this in a short post on an internet forum.

I will say, though, that isn't it interesting that the seven churches in Revelation are in Asia Minor?

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:31:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Muslims do MORE than their fair share of Genocide. Remember the Young Turks, or Iraq today etc.?

All I'm saying is it's not that hard to see it happening.
Iraq's Christians "close to extinction"
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

All I can add is that there's no way to respond to this in a short post on an internet forum.

I will say, though, that isn't it interesting that the seven churches in Revelation are in Asia Minor?

View Quote

To funny considering Constantine Christians Rum converted to Islam as did the Mongols.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Muslims do MORE than their fair share of Genocide. Remember the Young Turks, or Iraq today etc.?

All I'm saying is it's not that hard to see it happening.
Iraq's Christians "close to extinction"
View Quote

It’s unfortunate that Christians are no longer well treated in Islamic nations but that is partially the effect of “Demoncratization” and polished modern progressive politics and partially post colonial I.E banker era effects. Europe took many years to build after their satanic wars with one another. I don’t find it God like to fight for bankers.

Muslim atrocities occurred at war times but not anywhere the at the Atomic level (Satan worshiping Jack Parsons) or  bombs or Pure Satanic Mega level, Murder of over 30 Million Christians in Europe by Stalin’s army and feudal Christians.

https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/20TH.HTM

How about what’s happening in Palestine are you shedding any tears or do you care? What about the Inquisition when Europe was in the dark age until Moors elevated it?

Second Vatican Council, Lumen Gentium 16, November 21, 1964

“But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place among whom are the Muslims: these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day

https://www.usccb.org/committees/ecumenical-interreligious-affairs/vatican-council-and-papal-statements-islam

Didn’t your priest or Catholic Church teach you Muslims are right guided? You profess to be a Catholic right?

Do you think the destabilizing of the Middle East with anti christ satanic wars has had a horrible effect on Christian and other minorities.

Think about it!

Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It’s unfortunate that Christians are no longer well treated in Islamic nations but that is partially the effect of “Demoncratization” and polished modern progressive politics and partially post colonial I.E banker era effects. Europe took many years to build after their satanic wars with one another. I don’t  find God like to fight for bankers.

Muslim atrocities occurred at war times but not anywhere the at the Atomic level (Saran worshiping Jack Parsons) or  bombs or Pure Satanic Mega level.
I think that's less a factor of sentiments, cultures, or differences in barbarity, and more a result of the 20th century Middle East's lack of technological capability, economic power, and ability to carry out large scale wars.

How about what’s happening in Palestine are you shedding any tears or do you care? I do not condone it in the least.
What about the Inquisition when Europe was in the dark age until Moors elevated it? The notion of the "Dark Ages" is a socially held, but not historically held concept. The Middle Ages were actually times of great advancements, just in different areas than in previous eras.

“But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place among whom are the Muslims: these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day

https://www.usccb.org/committees/ecumenical-interreligious-affairs/vatican-council-and-papal-statements-islam

Didn’t your priest or Catholic Church teach you Muslims are right guided? You see a Catholic right?
I don't know what you mean by "right guided".

Do you think that by destabilizing the Middle East with anti christ satanic wars has had a horrible effect on Christian and other minorities.
Muslims have done an excellent job of destabilizing the ME themselves. Al-Queda, ISIS? Or, you do you advocate "stabilization" in the way Saddam did it...by murdering other ethnic and religious sects that he disagreed with?

Think about it!
View Quote

Yup, no radicalism here or anything. Look, anytime genocide is committed, regardless of who it is being committed upon, is wrong. Period. I would never condone the mistreatment of any non-Christian. That still doesn't excuse the genocide Muslims are perpetrating, so why bring it up?

see inside.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

To funny considering Constantine Christians Rum converted to Islam as did the Mongols.
View Quote

What exactly is funny?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It’s unfortunate that Christians are no longer well treated in Islamic nations but that is partially the effect of “Demoncratization” and polished modern progressive politics and partially post colonial I.E banker era effects. Europe took many years to build after their satanic wars with one another. I don’t find it God like to fight for bankers.

Muslim atrocities occurred at war times but not anywhere the at the Atomic level (Satan worshiping Jack Parsons) or  bombs or Pure Satanic Mega level, Murder of over 30 Million Christians in Europe by Stalin’s army and feudal Christians.

How about what’s happening in Palestine are you shedding any tears or do you care? What about the Inquisition when Europe was in the dark age until Moors elevated it?

Didn’t your priest or Catholic Church teach you Muslims are right guided? You profess to be a Catholic right?

Do you think the destabilizing of the Middle East with anti christ satanic wars has had a horrible effect on Christian and other minorities.

Think about it!

View Quote

You actually believe that?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What exactly is funny?
View Quote

Turkey was once Christian and now they are to blame?
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Yup, no radicalism here or anything. Look, anytime genocide is committed, regardless of who it is being committed upon, is wrong. Period. I would never condone the mistreatment of any non-Christian. That still doesn't excuse the genocide Muslims are perpetrating, so why bring it up?

see inside.
View Quote

Well the topic started with Turkey (once capital of Christians now Muslims). The grand book put the horrible tribe of GoG Magog as Muslims a threat to Israel. This  same horrible teaching has had us fight for Israel.

Just bad teaching.

I hope I’am being clear, if you ever visit PA you will see signs. Everywhere “no war for Israel”.

Regards
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:08:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Think about it!
View Quote

If I recall correctly, Muslims look to the coming of a great leader in the last days.  No?  The "Rightly Guided One? who will unite all Islam?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 12:46:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If I recall correctly, Muslims look to the coming of a great leader in the last days.  No?  The "Rightly Guided One? who will unite all Islam?
View Quote

Hi Crux,
Muslim region is an unfortunate mess, the tradition says toward end of times the best folks are farmers and shepherds, who are in the out group as mass confusion and wars plague humanity. The Mehdi (Similar to Christian Saint) is from the prophets lineage mentioned in Hadith (not in Quran) but he will wait for Jesus as stated in Quran where Jesus will bring peace on earth (somewhat similar rapture), and Jesus noted his kingdom in heaven for riotous in Mathew 5,6,7.

Quran 32:42-47 "Behold!' the Angel said, God has chosen you, and purified you, and chosen you above the women of all nations. Mary, God gives you good news of a word from Him, whose name shall be the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, honored in this world and in the Hereafter, and one of those brought near to God. He shall speak to the people from his cradle and in maturity, and he shall be of the righteous. She said: "My Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me?' He said: "Even so; God creates what He will. When He decrees a thing, He says to it, 'Be!' and it is."

Quran 3:52 "To attest the law which was before me, and to make lawful to you part of what was forbidden to you; I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, so fear God and obey me

Quran 3:55  (And remember) when Allah said:  O Jesus! Lo!  I am gathering thee and causing thee to ascend unto Me, and am cleansing thee of those who disbelieve and am setting those who follow thee above those who disbelieve.

Quran Mary 19:33-34 Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!
Such was Jesus, son of Mary, (this is) a statement of the truth concerning which they doubt.

Jesus returns to earth.

Quran 43:61 And indeed, he [i.e., Jesus] will be [a sign for] knowledge of the Hour, so be not in doubt of it, and follow Me. This is a straight path.

Regards
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:24:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I've always found it noteworthy that Mary is not mentioned in the Apocalypse which appears to conflict with other systems of belief which recognize for her a sort of authority in heaven.  Nor do the apostles and other writers who were eye witnesses of the time document assumption of mary, and what is written shows Jesus consistantly distancing himself and his ministry from his monther rather than giving her a special role in the kingdom.  So perhaps Islam has more in common with Catholicism than it does with protestant faiths.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:44:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interested yet?

It was called the 30 year genocide .  
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:46:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've always found it noteworthy that Mary is not mentioned in the Apocalypse which appears to conflict with other systems of belief which recognize for her a sort of authority in heaven.  Nor do the apostles and other writers who were eye witnesses of the time document assumption of mary, and what is written shows Jesus consistantly distancing himself and his ministry from his monther rather than giving her a special role in the kingdom.  So perhaps Islam has more in common with Catholicism than it does with protestant faiths.
View Quote

This may be a bit of a dismissive view. There are many Non-Catholic theologians who see Mary's Assumption and her place in Revelation as being evident:

"By the end of the Middle Ages, belief in Mary's Assumption into heaven was well established theologically and part of the devotional expressions of the people. The word Assumption comes from the Latin verb assumere, meaning "to take to oneself." Our Lord, Jesus Christ took Mary home to himself where he is.

For Martin Luther, Mary's Assumption was an understood fact, as his homily of 1522 indicates, in spite of the fact that Mary's Assumption is not expressly reported in Sacred Scripture. For Protestant reformer, Martin Butzer (1545), there was no reason to doubt about the Assumption of the Virgin into heavenly glory. "Indeed, no Christian doubts that the most worthy Mother of the Lord lives with her beloved Son in heavenly joy." (Marienlexikon, vol 3, 200)

H. Bullinger (1590), also a Protestant reformer, sought for a theological foundation for the Assumption in Scripture. He showed that the Old Testament tells of Elias, taken to heaven bodily to teach us about our immortality, and – because of our immortal soul – to respectfully honor the bodies of the saints. Against this backdrop he states, "Because of this, we believe that the pure immaculate chamber of the God-bearer, the Virgin Mary, is a temple of the Holy Spirit, that is her holy body, borne by angels into heaven." (Marienlexikon, vol 3, 200)"

Assumption: University of Dayton

You can also find numerous arguments from scholars who find Mary in Revelation 12 as well as those who don't. My point is that Protestant thought on Mary is varied.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#18]
More excerpts:

A war between nations is on the horizon. Why are nations stockpiling weapons204 like never
before? We already are beginning to see these. We had ISIS and Turkey wanting Syria, we
have ruthlessness in Mexico, Brazil, Venezuela, unrest in France, Syria, Iraq, Libya; a
hobbled Europe and regional rivalries between Arabia versus Yemen and Arabia versus
Tehran (see Isaiah 21), trouble between Islamabad and New Delhi, and on the Korean
Peninsula, Pakistan and North Korea.
View Quote

Today, the true Christian must avoid rallying behind such splits and remain far from the
rising powers and remain in the valley. All Christendom is splitting. Today the West is
already caught in the mousetrap caused by the tug between multiculturalism, which
conservatives abhor, versus ethnocentrism, which the liberal despises. We join neither. This
is “neighbor fighting neighbor”. Our concern is Pharaoh and the mighty pagan Egypt that
will soon come after us. Revived pagan Egypt is like its sister Arabia is a Mother of Harlots
that brought Islam and with the West becoming pagan we have no one left to defend us. To
find the harlot daughter of pagan Egypt we need to look no further than where we are.
View Quote

“Sodom and Egypt” has already fractured Christendom’s social fabric through the spread of
revolutions and movements we would never have considered decades prior; within the
homosexual revolution was invented; a non-binary gender, bigender, trigender and
pangender; transgender and cisgender.
The decaying church in the West that is unable to respond to the social upheaval opened
the floodgates to the revival of a global Islamic revolution that threatens world peace.
Un-unified and with so many social, cultic and moral divides, the remnant faithful must
be careful not to join the splitting of this mountain. For example, in the U.S., during
Obama’s presidency, conservatives created Tea Party chapters and many joined. Mormon
Glenn Beck became an icon of such movement and many were the Christian Evangelical
pastors that undermined theology for the sake of unity with Beck from the smallest to the
more popular like Franklin Graham they rushed to scrub away their refutations of
Mormonism lest they offend the likes of Beck and Mitt Romney because these were
Mormon. In this generation you shall find no shortage of hypocrites and traitors. The fear of
Obama served as a powerful recruiting tool where “Birthers” swelled the Tea Party ranks
and even had a so-called conservative LGBT members.
But all this simply became a platform to sprout forth and usher in provocateurs
spreading neopaganism; Alt-Right revolution, Identitarian revolution and racialist
revolution where the Christians, without realizing, found themselves unequally yoked. These
new movements are not confined only in the U.S., they have become a global phenomenon.
Under the guise of opposing and confronting the liberal and socialists with their ‘social
justice’ banner now we have ultra-nationalist, populist, neofascist, neo-Nazi revolutions and
the vehemently anti-Christian Hindu revolution in India (which the idol of the alt-Right
Steve Bannon loves).
And besides the rise of Islamism, Christians now must also contend with the rise of Aztec
paganism and the cult of death in Mexico, rise of ancestor worship in Japan, anti-globalism,
feminist revolution, ecofeminism and environmental revolution ...
View Quote

Such are the spiritual mighty earthquake’s trimmers reversing the spin of the earth
backwards to ancient times. The systems that create confusion, civil strife, civil unrest where
“neighbor fights neighbor,” are set in motion to plunge societies into complete moral and
social decay. Then come the chaos predicted in Isaiah 19. Keep in mind that the spark will
happen in one day:
“It shall come to pass in that day that a great panic from the LORD will be among them.
Everyone will seize the hand of his neighbor, and raise his hand against his neighbor’s
hand” (Zechariah 14:13)
The sum of all this, catapults dangerous ideologies from Muslim and Eugenics to racialist,
neopagan and ultra-nationalist including homosexuality like a torrent—a flood from the
mouth of the dragon—sweeping throughout the world ready to consume the saints.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#19]
From Amos 4:
“But I gave you also cleanness of teeth in all your cities, and lack of bread in all your
places; yet you have not returned to Me,” declares the Lord.”
Who today studies this prophecy? Famines will be the sign.
“Furthermore, I withheld the rain from you while there were still three months until
harvest. Then I would send rain on one city, but on another city I would not send
rain; one part would be rained on, while the part not rained on would dry up. So the
people of two or three cities would stagger to another city to drink water, But
would not be satisfied; yet you have not returned to Me,” declares the Lord.”
Example of this when California recently experienced the terrible 5-year drought from
2012-2016, and another notable drought 2007-09, 1987-92, 1976-77 while it rained
elsewhere.
“I struck you with scorching wind and mildew”
“Researchers suggest that the most damaging U.S. hurricanes are three times more
frequent than 100 years ago, and that the proportion of major hurricanes (Category 3 or
above) in the Atlantic Ocean has doubled since 1980.”
“The caterpillar was devouring your many gardens and vineyards, fig trees and olive
trees; yet you have not returned to Me,” declares the Lord.”
The 2020, locusts is unparalleled since decades ago have swarmed in large numbers in
dozens of countries, including Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda, Somalia, Eritrea, India, Pakistan,
Iran, Yemen, Oman and Saudi Arabia.
“I sent a plague among you as in Egypt”
Anyone today questions we are already in the era of plagues?
So what comes next? Upon the harlot (“Sodom and Egypt”):
“See, the Lord rides on a swift cloud and is coming to Egypt. The idols of Egypt
tremble before him, and the hearts of the Egyptians melt with fear. “I will stir up
Egyptian against Egyptian—brother will fight against brother, neighbor against
neighbor, city against city, kingdom against kingdom.” (Isaiah 19:2)
See
View Quote

This is both literal and allegoric Egypt since “Their bodies will lie in the public square of the
great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was
crucified” (Revelation 11:8). So this is the self-destruct of this “harlot” for it cannot be said of
Egypt today being “nation against nation” for Egypt is but one nation. But even literal Egypt
was severely hit with massive civil unrest where during the Arab Spring Cairo went against
Port Said where neighbor was literally fighting neighbor dividing between secularist and
Muslim Brotherhood. But we must also consider that this verse concerns neighbor state vs.
neighbor state.
View Quote

Years ago we had warned regarding the Western Spring and it is already upon us and this
will explode where neighborhoods will rob and kill other neighborhoods as the war on law
and order continues. Between May 25 and November 18, 2020, protests occurred in more
than 4,446 cities worldwide, including in all states, territories and Washington, D.C., and
internationally in more than 60 countries. The nations are under a curse 212 of no return.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#20]
In the United States
we already witness the camp of theologians who argue that Sodom’s sin was not
homosexuality. This is growing and surpassing the upright, arguing that Sodom’s sin was
“the lack of hospitality” and waxing cold towards the poor migrants. So to these, Sodom was
simply being frugally cheap and was guilty of “radical inhospitality” since they had “pride,
excess of food, and prosperous ease”.225 But such an interpretation perfectly describes the
interpreters (tares) for their love is waxing cold and under their watch, divorce happens on a
flip of a dime. Indeed these are also “haughty” (Ezekiel 16:49-50) and extremely spoiled.
This describes exactly the very peoples who use these verses as an argument for
homosexuality when such verses actually condemn them. These say that since Sodom was
“unconcerned,” “arrogant,” and lacked charity that is why God destroyed them and not for
the sodomy issue. Therefore, they conclude that the sin is not homosexuality but arrogance
and inhospitality while completely ignoring “They were haughty and did detestable things
before me.” The effect is that they “did detestable things,” (homosexuality) and the cause
was “arrogance,” being “overfed,” and “unconcerned,” about others.
View Quote

The
homosexuals where always here, but now that the majority is supporting this, they desire to
destroy everything God had ordained. How then can one explain “they parade their sin like
Sodom does” if the sin of Sodom is only the lack of hospitality? How can these parade “lack
of hospitality?” They parade the effects—“They parade their sin like Sodom does” Gay Pride!
“They do not even try to hide it,” Coming Out Of The Closet! And “the look on their faces
testifies against them” they look effeminate. Isaiah explains two camps:
“Youths oppress my people, women rule over them. My people your guides lead
you astray; they turn you from the path. The Lord takes His place in court; He
rises to judge the people” (Isaiah 3:12-13)
God has already filed a lawsuit. Count #1—children have become detestable. They are
disobedient and disrespect their elders. Count #2—women rule over men.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:36:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Isaiah affirms:
“Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been
completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the LORD’s
hand double for all her sins.” (Isaiah 40:2) “Do not be afraid, you worm Jacob,
little Israel, do not fear, for I myself will help you,” declares the LORD, your
Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel. See, I will make you into a threshing sledge,
new and sharp, with many teeth. You will thresh the mountains and crush them,
and reduce the hills to chaff.” (Isaiah 41:14-15)
View Quote

And who will God send to help them? It will be to the surprise of Protestant interpreters who
misinterpreted “Gog” as “Russia”. It will be the same nation that destroyed Nazism and
opened the camps during the Holocaust; Russia:
"I have raised up one from the north, and he has come, one from the east who
invokes My name. He will march over rulers as if they were mud, like a potter who
treads the clay.” (Isaiah 41:25)
View Quote

From the proximity of Turkey (Gog), there is only one nation considered to be “north” and
even expands as far as the “east,” even beyond Japan “the rising sun”. This is definitely
Russia. And how did we deduce Russia? Daniel gives us his ending:
“But reports from the east and the north will alarm him [an Antichrist], and he will
set out in a great rage to destroy and annihilate many. He will pitch his royal tents
between the seas [Istanbul] at the beautiful holy mountain. Yet he will come to his
end, and no one will help him.” (Daniel 11:44-45)
“Tents” as we examined earlier are temples, shrines and in this case will be mosques.
Erdogan indeed set his temple “at the beautiful holy mountain”. “Reports from the east and
the north will alarm him”. So if Gog was from Russia (as some Protestant interpreters
suggest), north of Russia is the Arctic Ocean, not an enemy.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#22]
The rest of the book seems to go through the Book of Revelation from beginning to end.  It's a fascinating take, and so far one that goes against conventional wisdom.

I'll refrain from giving my opinion.  All I can say is that it provokes some very deep thought.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:30:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This may be a bit of a dismissive view. There are many Non-Catholic theologians who see Mary's Assumption and her place in Revelation as being evident:

"By the end of the Middle Ages, belief in Mary's Assumption into heaven was well established theologically and part of the devotional expressions of the people. The word Assumption comes from the Latin verb assumere, meaning "to take to oneself." Our Lord, Jesus Christ took Mary home to himself where he is.

For Martin Luther, Mary's Assumption was an understood fact, as his homily of 1522 indicates, in spite of the fact that Mary's Assumption is not expressly reported in Sacred Scripture. For Protestant reformer, Martin Butzer (1545), there was no reason to doubt about the Assumption of the Virgin into heavenly glory. "Indeed, no Christian doubts that the most worthy Mother of the Lord lives with her beloved Son in heavenly joy." (Marienlexikon, vol 3, 200)

H. Bullinger (1590), also a Protestant reformer, sought for a theological foundation for the Assumption in Scripture. He showed that the Old Testament tells of Elias, taken to heaven bodily to teach us about our immortality, and – because of our immortal soul – to respectfully honor the bodies of the saints. Against this backdrop he states, "Because of this, we believe that the pure immaculate chamber of the God-bearer, the Virgin Mary, is a temple of the Holy Spirit, that is her holy body, borne by angels into heaven." (Marienlexikon, vol 3, 200)"

Assumption: University of Dayton

You can also find numerous arguments from scholars who find Mary in Revelation 12 as well as those who don't. My point is that Protestant thought on Mary is varied.
View Quote

Indeed.  Mind you.  Today, ELCA being a timely example, "protestant" thought on homosexuality and other issues is also "varied".  Part of the hunger for many who seek Christ today is to set aside potential sources of error and try to make sure they are grounded in the core of what was written by Jesus and the Disciples.  Humans being humans though, even this appraoch leads to new human doctrines announcing certainty where there is no certainty.  It is a natrual consequence of the way humans are I believe.

In all ages our job is to search, test, and overcome these challenges as we seek to walk in what Jesus commanded of us.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:25:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Sodom and Gomorrah would rob travelers and commit sodomy that was their sin. God unleashed a volcano on them a similar faith to Pompeii.

Early Islamic scholars thought the Mongols fit the description of God Magog but this was erroneous since Jesus will be here when they are unleashed, an Asiatic race, possibly China or yet to come out from Mountains up North.

Quran 18: 94. They said, “O Zul-Qarnain, the Gog and Magog are spreading chaos in the land. Can we pay you, to build between us and them a wall?”
95. He said, “What my Lord has empowered me with is better. But assist me with strength, and I will build between you and them a dam.”
96. “Bring me blocks of iron.” So that, when he had leveled up between the two cliffs, he said, “Blow.” And having turned it into a fire, he said, “Bring me tar to pour over it.”
97. So they were unable to climb it, and they could not penetrate it.
98. He said, “This is a mercy from my Lord. But when the promise of my Lord comes true, He will turn it into rubble, and the promise of my Lord is always true.”
99. On that Day, We will leave them surging upon one another. And the Trumpet will be blown, and We will gather them together.
100. On that Day, We will present the disbelievers to Hell, all displayed.

Quran 21:96 Until, when Gog and Magog are let loose, and they swarm down from every mound.

Interesting prophecies and similarity.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:32:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Orthodox Islam practices similar to Protestants but share similitude with Catholics. Although some have suggested closer to Anabaptist like Amish or Quakers.

https://youtu.be/4YuWJLaBSxQ

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It was called the 30 year genocide .  
View Quote

Thank you, I read up on it, sad that 7-8 million died as such , hopefully never happens again.

Regards
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Orthodox Islam practices similar to Protestants but share similitude with Catholics. Although some have suggested closer to Anabaptist like Amish or Quakers.

View Quote

I get the impression, and forgive me if I'm wrong, that you are under the belief that the Catholic Church views Islam and Christianity as equals in both fellowship and veracity. This is not correct in the least. You posted a statement from Lumen Gentium that you viewed as evidentiary, which I believe you have misconstrued.

The RCC views Muslims, Hindus, Jews, etc. as "brothers" in the sense of "humanity", but not in a spiritual sense. The RCC acknowledges that all religions have some aspects of truth to them, but that does not mean that they are "true". Even Aztec cannibalism had some true notions of right and wrong, but that does not mean that when taken holistically it was the "true" religion.

Likewise, there are too many tenets of Islam that contradict Christian tenets, and in fact, would negate them. So, while the RCC acknowledges the good aspects of Islam and many of its adherents, that doesn't mean it sees Christianity and Islam standing side by side as Children of Abraham/God against the perils of modernism.

Moreover, many of the conclusions in the Quran about Christianity and the idea that Islam is an extension of Judeo-Christian theology are outrightly rejected. As such, Islam is not seen as an extension of a Judeo-Christian origination; It is a separate entity of its own creation.  

I only write this to clarify any misconception, or potential misconception that may lead to confusion or resentment down the road when the reality is established.

Islam has very beautiful aspects to it, but it is not Christianity and Christianity does not rely, nor needs to rely, on it for substantiation.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#28]
There have always been attempts at syncretism, but I believe it will be a stronger and stronger push in the coming centuries.  I believe the adversary desires as a bedrock of the worldly dominon he persues, the spinning of all world religions into a new single one of his own, with all the trappings of religion and virute, but utterly without authentic subjection to the King of Kings which is Jesus Christ.  Christ's kingdom is not of this world and in opposition to the wordly kingdoms shown by the adversary to Jesus in the wilderness.  

Certainly according to the apocalypse the world is united in worshiping falsehood and beheading those few who are faithful to the Lord.  The length and turns of the road between now and then are unseen, yet the road leads there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:04:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I cannot find anything about this "Constantine of Bethlehem" who supposedly authored this book. Not who he is, if he is a he or a she, what they believe, anything. Zilch.

On a very preliminary skim, this looks like the typical "let's try and take current events and than mangle the text of the bible to make those current events say this is the end," which is not a new thing.

News reports are not God's words and should not be treated as such.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 1:29:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I get the impression, and forgive me if I'm wrong, that you are under the belief that the Catholic Church views Islam and Christianity as equals in both fellowship and veracity. This is not correct in the least. You posted a statement from Lumen Gentium that you viewed as evidentiary, which I believe you have misconstrued.

The RCC views Muslims, Hindus, Jews, etc. as "brothers" in the sense of "humanity", but not in a spiritual sense. The RCC acknowledges that all religions have some aspects of truth to them, but that does not mean that they are "true". Even Aztec cannibalism had some true notions of right and wrong, but that does not mean that when taken holistically it was the "true" religion.

Likewise, there are too many tenets of Islam that contradict Christian tenets, and in fact, would negate them. So, while the RCC acknowledges the good aspects of Islam and many of its adherents, that doesn't mean it sees Christianity and Islam standing side by side as Children of Abraham/God against the perils of modernism.

Moreover, many of the conclusions in the Quran about Christianity and the idea that Islam is an extension of Judeo-Christian theology are outrightly rejected. As such, Islam is not seen as an extension of a Judeo-Christian origination; It is a separate entity of its own creation.  

I only write this to clarify any misconception, or potential misconception that may lead to confusion or resentment down the road when the reality is established.

Islam has very beautiful aspects to it, but it is not Christianity and Christianity does not rely, nor needs to rely, on it for substantiation.
View Quote

I see your point. I was not suggestion the Catholic Church (Christianity as a whole) views Islam as equal or relies on Islam for guidance or substance. My point was commonality as noted in RCC unlike Hinduism or cannibalistic tradition I.E eating flesh, Islam shares much with Christianity, closer than any other faith.

1. One God
2. Immaculate conception of Jesus
3. Mary as the mother of believes
4. Jesus as the anointed Messiah
5. Jesus to return to earth to bring peace.
6. Heaven and Hell
7. Judgement day

Vatican Council and Papal Statements on Islam

..“But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place among whom are the Muslims: these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day.”

..“The Church has also a high regard for the Muslims. They worship God, who is one, living and subsistent, merciful and almighty, the Creator of heaven and earth (Cf. St. Gregory VII, Letter III, 21 to Anazir [Al-Nasir], King of Mauretania PL, 148.451A.), who has spoken to men. They strive to submit themselves without reserve to the hidden decrees of God, just as Abraham submitted himself to God’s plan, to whose faith Muslims eagerly link their own. Although not acknowledging him as God, they venerate Jesus as a prophet, his Virgin Mother they also honor, and even at times devoutly invoke. Further, they await the day of judgment and the reward of God following the resurrection of the dead. For this reason they highly esteem an upright life and worship God, especially by way of prayer, alms-deeds and fasting.

..The Christian keeps to the solemn commandment: ‘You shall keep no other gods before me’ (Ex 20:30). On his side, the Muslim will always say: ‘God is the greatest.’

I was made aware of the above from my Italian gf who shares direct lineage from above scholars, hence I shared it.

We are all on the same journey and if we don’t have the vocabulary of what we are experiencing, we are to some extent insensitive to what we experience. A Sufi once responded to a question, “ it seems that nilism are people looking at the abyss of nothing, while forgetting about the infinite.

Regards

Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#31]
But if I understand correctly, a Muslim can not confess that "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to" Jesus.  Correct?  That we have been given to him, bought at the price of his suffering, death, and in resurection he is now our king?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I cannot find anything about this "Constantine of Bethlehem" who supposedly authored this book. Not who he is, if he is a he or a she, what they believe, anything. Zilch.

On a very preliminary skim, this looks like the typical "let's try and take current events and than mangle the text of the bible to make those current events say this is the end," which is not a new thing.

View Quote

It's obviously a pen name for Walid Shoebat and others, possibly Andrew Bleszad.

As to your second point:  the gist of the book appears to be that traditional Bible scholars have assumed that the Book of Revelation all takes place in a short period of time, say seven years.

The author(s) contend that it takes place over centuries.

That's an  unfair simplification.  I won't even say I buy it, but the analysis is very intriguing and worth considering.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:07:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

see inside.
View Quote

God and you have differing opinions on that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Interested yet?
View Quote

Not unique or groundbreaking, but interesting.  He's probably right on many things.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
But if I understand correctly, a Muslim can not confess that "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to" Jesus.  Correct?  That we have been given to him, bought at the price of his suffering, death, and in resurection he is now our king?
View Quote

Muslims to not believe in Jesus being God or wanted to be crucified as his prayer was answered,  “Mathew 26:39 allow this cup to pas me and an Angel came to strengthen him”.

Authority is granted by our father whom Jesus prayed unto and I think Jesus answers it best ..”the father is greater than I”. (Mathew 14:28). All the miracles Jesus performed are authorities-empowerment’s, (Luke 11:20 But if I drive out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you).

Muslims do not view original sin as inherent (Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him).

Nor in St.Paul’s view of, (1  Corinthians 15:14  and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is in vain, your faith also is in vain) as Jesus said eternal life-salvation (Mathew 19:16 Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Confession for a Muslim is to Father directly. It’s encouraged to disclose your faults to God, as Jesus said, Mathew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.).

Authority is given to Jesus in all account and when he bring peaces on earth as God wills. Sorry for over answering I wanted to support my understanding.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

@imagetcha
Are you saying God condones genocide? If so, I'm going to need some evidence for that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm 99% sure he is referring to the OT
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm 99% sure he is referring to the OT
View Quote

I'm sure, but to read the entire Bible and come away with the idea that God condones genocide...that's a bit of a leap. Even the OT examples of genocide require some qualification.

ETA: Violence against the Canaanites

Markus Zehnder is a well-respected theologian
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Interested yet?
View Quote

A main key is to discover who "Israel" really is to The Eternal.

Putin is The Prince Of Rosh, so that agrees with the Gog and Magog in Turkey

Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm sure, but to read the entire Bible and come away with the idea that God condones genocide...that's a bit of a leap. Even the OT examples of genocide require some qualification.

ETA: Violence against the Canaanites

Markus Zehnder is a well-respected theologian
View Quote

God gave all in the land of canaan time to turn around.  Likewise did he for humanity before the flood.  He is under no obligation to tollerate rebellion and wickedness forever.  That he is long suffering and shows mercy (e.g. Nineveh much to Jonah's dismay) is wonderous.  In the end, it's his creation, and his purpose.  We are not equals and exist only by his love and mercy.

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It's obviously a pen name for Walid Shoebat and others, possibly Andrew Bleszad.

As to your second point:  the gist of the book appears to be that traditional Bible scholars have assumed that the Book of Revelation all takes place in a short period of time, say seven years.

That's an  unfair simplification.  I won't even say I buy it, but the analysis is very intriguing and worth considering.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ehm ... as I said, it was just from a very light skim.

I would simply point out that the amill stream of eschatology has (since the first century) treated revelation as a book describing the time in between the crucifixion and judgement day, which is a mite longer than seven years.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:32:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

see inside.

God hasn't killed any people for just being a people.

The various groups in the promised land were removed *for their sins.*  As were the israelites, for committing the same sins, and the only reason they weren't wiped clean off the earth was because God has promised to bring salvation through their ethnic line. We humans make a mess of most everything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top