Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2021 5:21:36 PM EDT
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/01/statement.html

Looks like the same lawyers that got Newsmax and Fox to retract a few weeks ago contacted American Thinker too.

So far I think Sidney Powell is the only one who has had a defamation suit actually filed. I guess she probably got the same option to issue a retraction and didn't go for it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:25:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Would a defamation suit have discovery where dominion machines and algorithms were examined by both sides? Or are they just hoping she’ll cave to the weight of the suit?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:27:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking Discovery would be dicey for Dominion
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:30:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't a witness in the Georgia hearings hack a Dominion machine live in front of the committee?  

If so the defamation would be the assertion that it did happen vs it could have happened?

Either way its not a resounding endorsement of Dominion technology.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Would a defamation suit have discovery where dominion machines and algorithms were examined by both sides? Or are they just hoping she’ll cave to the weight of the suit?
View Quote

There will be discovery, but I doubt that it will be all-encompassing. Dominion employees will probably have to answer some questions under oath. I don't think they'll let Sidney Powell go through all their source code, for example.

Not a lawyer, but when you are sued for defamation and choose as your defense "The stuff I was saying was the truth", it's on you to prove it, and I suspect the courts won't give you automatic access to the plaintiff's private information in order to do that.
After all, you said you had tons of evidence to make your statements in the first place, right? So why do you need to go find more evidence now?

Maybe if Powell shows that what she already had is a really solid lead, the court will be persuaded to let her look a bit deeper. From what I've seen in her Kraken lawsuits that seems... unlikely.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#5]
It's clear that she completely fabricated this garbage.  It will go down in history as one of the most harmful pieces of disinformation ever used in the American public sphere.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There will be discovery, but I doubt that it will be all-encompassing. Dominion employees will probably have to answer some questions under oath. I don't think they'll let Sidney Powell go through all their source code, for example.

Not a lawyer, but when you are sued for defamation and choose as your defense "The stuff I was saying was the truth", it's on you to prove it, and I suspect the courts won't give you automatic access to the plaintiff's private information in order to do that.
After all, you said you had tons of evidence to make your statements in the first place, right? So why do you need to go find more evidence now?

Maybe if Powell shows that what she already had is a really solid lead, the court will be persuaded to let her look a bit deeper. From what I've seen in her Kraken lawsuits that seems... unlikely.
View Quote

INAL also, but the standard is a preponderance of the evidence, or 51%.  Both parties have to provide evidence to support their positions.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:48:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's clear that she completely fabricated this garbage.  It will go down in history as one of the most harmful pieces of disinformation ever used in the American public sphere.
View Quote

It’s clear hat the systems with terrible accuracy, shit for auditing, floating points for some reason, the ability to do weighted voting for some reason, and connected to the internet are completely above board.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:15:23 PM EDT
[#8]
When they were caught on audio before the election in Detroit explaining how monitors could only come so close to monitor because of the scamdemic, how could anybody not believe there was not going to be great fraud?

State after state with suspicious activity and statistical improbabilities.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It’s clear hat the systems with terrible accuracy, shit for auditing, floating points for some reason, the ability to do weighted voting for some reason, and connected to the internet are completely above board.
View Quote

The claim that Dominion used floating point numbers to represent votes, or supported weighted voting, never came close to being credible let alone proven.

The two pieces of evidence for that claim in Sidney Powell's cases were in affidavits signed by Russell Ramsland. In those affidavits he referred to:

1. The fact that the manual mentions a setting for decimal precision used in calculations related to STV voting. If you look at the example there, you can see how the vote counts would still be integers, but you do have to do math with decimals to calculate quotas and do vote transfers to 2nd-choice candidates. This is applicable to a multi-seat election: multiple candidates on one ballot to fill multiple seats like in a parliament.

2. Decimals in vote counts reported in a data source. He alleges this proves that the STV setting above was actually enabled for this election and somehow used to steal votes (I guess by faking a 2nd choice of Biden for third-party candidate voters?)

Now, (1) by itself is not suspicious. It makes sense that Dominion would support running STV elections so they can market their software in places where STV is used or that are considering switching to STV. STV, in itself, is not evil. But it certainly isn't supposed to be used in any elections in the US, so...

...that brings us to (2), the decimals in vote counts. The problem here is that in his original affidavit, Ramsland refers to his source as "Dominion's direct feed to news outlets", but in a second affidavit after facing criticism, he admits that it is data from the New York Times website. NYT got this data on election night from Edison Research, and it drove their "needle" showing that at, say, 10PM Biden had 48.2% of the vote and Trump had 49.1% of it. Appropriately for that purpose, the raw data does not directly contain vote counts for each candidate. Each timestamped data point contains a vote total counted so far, and a pair of 3-digit floats for Trump's share and Biden's share of that total. Ramsland himself multiplied the integer vote total by those floats, which are quite obviously rounded to 3 digits (none of the hundreds of data points ever exceed 3 digits of precision), and was somehow surprised that he didn't get a nice whole number as the result.

Ramsland's counterargument to the point that the 3-digit floats are obviously rounded, is that in some data points they are only 2 digits. He seems to believe that a data point formatted as .52 means that at that point in time the vote share was exactly .52, not that it rounded to .520.

Even if you accept Ramsland's argument that that data was not rounded, you would have another hurdle, which is that the NYT data source he's referencing is for the whole state, which in states like Michigan includes counties that don't use Dominion, so that can't possibly be "Dominion's direct feed". NYT's data is also formatted the same way (vote total and 3-digit float shares) for every state including states that don't use Dominion at all.

Keep in mind that Russell Ramsland is also the same joker who mixed up MN and MI in trying to claim that some precincts had wild turnout like 350%.

This is exactly the kind of evidence that Dominion is complaining about in their suit against Powell, and exactly the kind of claim that American Thinker is apologizing for publishing. If it's all Powell's got, she is 100% fucked.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Wait.  So am I not going to be able to sell my SP dillos for $$$?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:06:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The claim that Dominion used floating point numbers to represent votes, or supported weighted voting, never came close to being credible let alone proven.

The two pieces of evidence for that claim in Sidney Powell's cases were in affidavits signed by Russell Ramsland. In those affidavits he referred to:

1. The fact that the manual mentions a setting for decimal precision used in calculations related to STV voting. If you look at the example there, you can see how the vote counts would still be integers, but you do have to do math with decimals to calculate quotas and do vote transfers to 2nd-choice candidates. This is applicable to a multi-seat election: multiple candidates on one ballot to fill multiple seats like in a parliament.

2. Decimals in vote counts reported in a data source. He alleges this proves that the STV setting above was actually enabled for this election and somehow used to steal votes (I guess by faking a 2nd choice of Biden for third-party candidate voters?)

Now, (1) by itself is not suspicious. It makes sense that Dominion would support running STV elections so they can market their software in places where STV is used or that are considering switching to STV. STV, in itself, is not evil. But it certainly isn't supposed to be used in any elections in the US, so...

...that brings us to (2), the decimals in vote counts. The problem here is that in his original affidavit, Ramsland refers to his source as "Dominion's direct feed to news outlets", but in a second affidavit after facing criticism, he admits that it is data from the New York Times website. NYT got this data on election night from Edison Research, and it drove their "needle" showing that at, say, 10PM Biden had 48.2% of the vote and Trump had 49.1% of it. Appropriately for that purpose, the raw data does not directly contain vote counts for each candidate. Each timestamped data point contains a vote total counted so far, and a pair of 3-digit floats for Trump's share and Biden's share of that total. Ramsland himself multiplied the integer vote total by those floats, which are quite obviously rounded to 3 digits (none of the hundreds of data points ever exceed 3 digits of precision), and was somehow surprised that he didn't get a nice whole number as the result.

Ramsland's counterargument to the point that the 3-digit floats are obviously rounded, is that in some data points they are only 2 digits. He seems to believe that a data point formatted as .52 means that at that point in time the vote share was exactly .52, not that it rounded to .520.

Even if you accept Ramsland's argument that that data was not rounded, you would have another hurdle, which is that the NYT data source he's referencing is for the whole state, which in states like Michigan includes counties that don't use Dominion, so that can't possibly be "Dominion's direct feed". NYT's data is also formatted the same way (vote total and 3-digit float shares) for every state including states that don't use Dominion at all.

Keep in mind that Russell Ramsland is also the same joker who mixed up MN and MI in trying to claim that some precincts had wild turnout like 350%.

This is exactly the kind of evidence that Dominion is complaining about in their suit against Powell, and exactly the kind of claim that American Thinker is apologizing for publishing. If it's all Powell's got, she is 100% fucked.
View Quote

Thanks for correcting the record.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:12:52 PM EDT
[#12]
If it were true, they wouldn’t be walking it back.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Does this mean Ann Margret's NOT coming?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Election was still stolen.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If it were true, they wouldn’t be walking it back.
View Quote

Or they just can't prove it. SP seems to be sticking to her guns.

Maybe it's BS, but strange someone who would have been able to see evidence hasn't backed down.

If she does, then ya
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:23:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks for correcting the record.
View Quote

Thanks for not calling me a commie. While I've been a skeptic since the beginning, I think some other pieces of evidence brought up (like Matt Braynard's analysis in GA of  voters that should've been pruned from the rolls years ago still voting in this election) deserved more examination than it got in court. I'm not positive that it's solid,, but it definitely isn't deficient on its face like Ramsland's stuff.

Unfortunately Sidney Powell and Lin Wood muddied the waters on this a great deal. They did a great job invigorating people already in the believer camp and getting folks all excited that maybe Trump really won like 47/50 states or something, but their claims were so fantastical and so poorly supported in the end that they did enormous damage to the credibility of the whole fraud argument.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Would a defamation suit have discovery where dominion machines and algorithms were examined by both sides? Or are they just hoping she'll cave to the weight of the suit?
View Quote
There have been hand counts that have confirmed the accuracy of the dominion machine counts.  This whole dominion thing was made up and could put dominion out of business.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm thinking Discovery would be dicey for Dominion
View Quote

“Two weeks” am I right?

46D chess!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thanks for not calling me a commie. While I've been a skeptic since the beginning, I think some other pieces of evidence brought up (like Matt Braynard's analysis in GA of  voters that should've been pruned from the rolls years ago still voting in this election) deserved more examination than it got in court. I'm not positive that it's solid,, but it definitely isn't deficient on its face like Ramsland's stuff.

Unfortunately Sidney Powell and Lin Wood muddied the waters on this a great deal. They did a great job invigorating people already in the believer camp and getting folks all excited that maybe Trump really won like 47/50 states or something, but their claims were so fantastical and so poorly supported in the end that they did enormous damage to the credibility of the whole fraud argument.
View Quote

Well the important thing is you have corrected the record for us all.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#20]
There is a lot of money being thrown around to convince us that this was a secure election, they could just open the ledgers and show us everything for free.

I wonder why they don't?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Didn't a witness in the Georgia hearings hack a Dominion machine live in front of the committee?  

If so the defamation would be the assertion that it did happen vs it could have happened?

View Quote

@xd341

Many people here would have you believe that....as well as the headline when it came out.

What happened was he got into one of the ID scanning IPads (IOS operating system) that is used to check in voters by DL. It just scans the DL and verified address. It’s not in any way linked to the dominion machines nor has anything to do with them.

Headline was “voting machine hacked!!!” And many that didn’t follow up (or just didn’t want to know) ran with it...many of them here.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There is a lot of money being thrown around to convince us that this was a secure election, they could just open the ledgers and show us everything for free.

I wonder why they don't?
View Quote
Not being a jerk, but explain what that means, define who you would want to do it to your satisfaction and think about what it would cost and how it would be paid for.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

@xd341

Many people here would have you believe that....as well as the headline when it came out.

What happened was he got into one of the ID scanning IPads (IOS operating system) that is used to check in voters by DL. It just scans the DL and verified address. It's not in any way linked to the dominion machines nor has anything to do with them.

Headline was "voting machine hacked!!!" And many that didn't follow up (or just didn't want to know) ran with it...many of them here.
View Quote
He hacked iOS?  
we don't even check IDs in NY, we have to sign a register but I doubt anyone ever checks the signatures.

But in Georgia they do check DLs?   How do you conduct an audit of the machines if verified ID isn't part of the data it keeps?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#24]
lol, I guess the plan was to spout bullshit and lie until they got caught? I'll leave that shit to the democrats.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:45:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a slight problem with the Dominion lawsuits = Dominion does not supply the actual voting machines, they only supply the operating system. You can still get them if they have something nefarious in their code like backdoors, allowing vote counters to run the same ballots over and over again, easily hacked etc.  

Coomer and crew are bragging about their "connectivity" and "compatibility" with the three major cellular companies. Supports cellular modems in 3G 4G 5G etc through ATT, Verizon and Sprint. Supports multiple vendors and voting machine hardware types.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Got anything about the Antrim county problem?
Where they scanned all ballots, had a strange / unbelievable percent of votes for Biden, so a hand count was performed and results had a several thousand vote shift?

Nobody can explain that one for me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

You goddamn commy, saved me a shit-load of typing!

Exactly all of that, and to add, their fantastical claims diverted our energy and focus which in effect helped DEMOCRATS to help make the argument we were (are) straw graspers.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:00:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There have been hand counts that have confirmed the accuracy of the dominion machine counts.  This whole dominion thing was made up and could put dominion out of business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Would a defamation suit have discovery where dominion machines and algorithms were examined by both sides? Or are they just hoping she'll cave to the weight of the suit?

Actually, this is incorrect. There have been some hand counts where they did NOT match the machine records. Further, the adjudication process was used extensively throughout the vote counting which has not been verified to be correct or accurate in any way, shape, or form.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Was it confirmed that Soros has/had a connection to Dominion?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Why did Maricopa Co ignore the subpoena to submit their machines for examination though?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Was it confirmed that Soros has/had a connection to Dominion?
View Quote

That’s Smartmatic.  The company that owns Dominion however is Staple Street Capital and has a former Democrat official, William Kennard, on the Executive BoD. Kennard was Clinton’s FCC Chairman, a secretary on Kerry’s Foreign Affairs Policy Board at the State Department and Obama’s Ambassador to the EU. He was also the Managing Director for Carlyle Group which likely funded the Staple Street venture and handles a lot of political investments from DC...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#32]
How much money has the dem party floated to Dominion will answer any question anyone needs to know.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#33]
The problem, I think, is that the issue in a suit may not be whether the Dominion systems were faulty, but whether the defendants acted with reckless disregard for the truth when they published the articles.   It is not correct to say that truth is a defense to a defamation suit - the lack of truth is an element of the plaintiff's case.  Plaintiff could satisfy that by putting their IT guy on, qualifying him as an expert, and having him say the machines were fine.  At that point, the defendants would have to explain the basis they had for publishing their stories based upon the information they had at the time.  If I represented Dominion, that's the way I would posture it.  It really doesn't matter what the truth is about the machines, what matters is the level of knowledge the publishers had when the published the stories.

My guess is that AT thought it was cheaper to publish the retraction than defend a suit.  Courage, dontchaknow.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes.  He, and part of his team, have been on OAN, the last couple of days.

The left is trying it's best to suppress any discussion of the election fraud.  

A couple newsies on the left has started calling it 'The Big Lie'.  That appears to be the label they wish to use.

Should sound familiar to some.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Are they gonna sue Democrat Congressional members too? The accusations were there well before the election.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democratic-senators-warned-of-potential-vote-switching-by-dominion-voting-machines-prior-to-2020-election/ar-BB1aZAYf
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Jovan Pulitzer...

Says he can tell if the ballots were fake or not.

GA voted to give him the ballots for examination.

Everytime he is supposed to get them...someone appeals it.

He makes some good points....that should make ANYONE say hey...we need to look at this....

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:35:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I was fucking dominion machines should have been 100% confiscated five days after the election.  Don’t give me this bullshit that they needed to be calibrated. I can guarantee you the last 100 million people that ordered french fries at McDonald’s on the tap screen got actual french fries none of them got a shake on their receipt instead.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:41:29 PM EDT
[#38]
I could be wrong on this, but I think that in a situation like this, the complainant has the burden of proof.

If Wood or Powell or whomever made some claim about Dominion, and Dominion wants to sue for defamation, they'd have to prove the statements were false, AND I think they'd have to show that the defendants knew it was false.

I do think the burden of proof in a civil case is on the plaintiff. They have to prove their case...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:42:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Nothing to see here, the election was 100% legit. Cumala president now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:45:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Jovan Pulitzer...

He makes some good points....that should make ANYONE say hey...we need to look at this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JFInO1n9Dw
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jovan Pulitzer...

“We should take a look at this” is all I’m saying!

There have been too many questions and inconsistencies, a lot of which was by design by the dems
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:54:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

yes
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There have been too many questions and inconsistencies, a lot of which was by design by the dems
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jovan Pulitzer...

THIS. We're talking about a bedrock, foundational process of our system of governance. It should be taken seriously. Anything that looks hinkey needs to be taken seriously and thoroughly investigated.

Shit, I'd like to see all 50 states' elections entirely reviewed. I want anyone who committed any election-related crimes prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and I don't give a fuck if it's only one vote that had no possibility of altering any outcomes.

I want truth more than I want victory... and if truth leads to victory, then all the sweeter it will be.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#43]
China protecting its influence?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#44]
So which states actually used dominion machines?

I know Georgia did because the governor and SOS received a huge sum of bribery.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Same fucking pos piling in to a thread to tell us sleepy Joe got 10 million more votes than Obama and Trump is a sore lower.

Have fun in your 1984 paradise. I hope you rot in a government  facility
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
China protecting its influence?
View Quote

You betcha.  
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:21:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep, Sidney and Lin fucked up the chance for a real audit.

When she started in on the Kracken nonsense, it gave cover for the swamp to delay and obfuscate a legit inquiry.

The GA SOS flat out lying about doing a signature audit is very real.  

I will donate to anyone, not in the swamp, that runs against him next cycle.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:25:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Surely the Kraken will be released soon .........

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:27:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

You make that sound like a bad thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top