Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/1/2020 7:14:11 PM EDT
The media has been only been reporting bad stuff, and it's truly horrible.  But some great things are happening in America.  
- Carnival Cruise line told Trump, "We can match those big Navy hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships."
- GM & Ford said, "Hold our cars, watch this; we can make ventilators where we were making cars by next week."
- Construction companies said, "Here are some masks for the medical staff & doctors."
- Restaurants & schools said, "We've got kitchens & staff; we can feed the kids."
- NHL & NBA players are writing checks to pay the arena staff during postponed seasons.
- Churches are holding online services & taking care of their members & community.
- Women & children are making homemade masks & handing out snacks to truckers.
- Breweries are making sanitizer out of the left-over ingredients.
- We thought we couldn't live without baseball, hockey, & NASCAR, or going to beaches, restaurants, or a bar... Instead, we're ordering take-out to help keep businesses alive.

What they didn't count on was America saying, "Hold my beer, watch this."
I think a Japanese Admiral in the middle of the Pacific said it best in 1941: "I think we have awakened a sleeping giant."
Give us a little more time & we will be doing much better! Stop listening to the hysterical media.
We are one nation, indivisible.

I won't take credit for this -- it has been posted several other places online...
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:15:56 PM EDT
[#1]
True.

I've seen people longing for an easier times....like Mayberry.....well now you got it.  Sitting on your porch is about all that you can do.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#2]
?? well said
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#3]
It's happening against the wishes of those wanting the private sector shut down.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
America, FUCK YEAH.

There is a reason we generally kick everyone's ass.

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks op
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:22:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I also read a report on how the grocery chain HEB had been planning on an emergency or epidemic for years and had a full supply and delivery contingency plan in place before anything hit.  When things went live, they were MONTHS ahead of the feds and sent out a request to their employees to volunteer in warehouses to maintain deliveries.  They were then inundated with people wanting to help staff overwhelmed positions and keep supplies on the road.

The reason America is and always has been the best nation in the world is simple.  Americans.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:24:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Has brought out some true colors as well.  We used to joke that the executives hated us, now we know for sure that they do.  I hope they catch this virus.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#10]
My wife's company has told her for 10 years she can't work from home, it was impossible.

She's been working from home for 2 weeks, and may not go back after all this.

I know that's a little thing and doesn't mean shit compared to what the OP listed, but just helps to prove his point:  
America has always made the impossible, possible when they have to.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I am still a flubro by most of the doomer's standards.

My opinion of an avalanche doesnt change the fact that i'm at the bottom of the mountain being buried in white shit.

Since this is reality, give me a plan and give me a shovel so i can start digging.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice, but  Wasnt GM ordered by EO / War procurement act , to make the ventilators ?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I also read a report on how the grocery chain HEB had been planning on an emergency or epidemic for years and had a full supply and delivery contingency plan in place before anything hit.  When things went live, they were MONTHS ahead of the feds and sent out a request to their employees to volunteer in warehouses to maintain deliveries.  They were then inundated with people wanting to help staff overwhelmed positions and keep supplies on the road.

The reason America is and always has been the best nation in the world is simple.  Americans.
View Quote
HEB is good people
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Last week one of the city fire departments nearby was on the news saying that their guys were running out of hand sanitizer.

The owner of a local distillery was watching and said hold my beer and watch this.

Within 48 hours he sourced plastic pump bottles and delivered 150 gallons of freshly minted hand sanitizer to the hose draggers

AMERICA F*#K YEAH! MUSIC VIDEO - Team America World Police THEME SONG
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#15]
outstanding post

Merica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The media has been only been reporting bad stuff, and it's truly horrible.  But some great things are happening in America.  
- Carnival Cruise line told Trump, "We can match those big Navy hospital ships with some fully staffed cruise ships."
- GM & Ford said, "Hold our cars, watch this; we can make ventilators where we were making cars by next week."
- Construction companies said, "Here are some masks for the medical staff & doctors."
- Restaurants & schools said, "We've got kitchens & staff; we can feed the kids."
- NHL & NBA players are writing checks to pay the arena staff during postponed seasons.
- Churches are holding online services & taking care of their members & community.
- We thought we couldn't live without baseball, hockey, & NASCAR, or going to beaches, restaurants, or a bar... Instead, we're ordering take-out to help keep businesses alive.

I think a Japanese Admiral in the middle of the Pacific said it best in 1941: "I think we have awakened a sleeping giant."
Give us a little more time & we will be doing much better! Stop listening to the hysterical media.

I won't take credit for this -- it has been posted several other places online...
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Good job OP.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is how it should be! A lot or possibly most things the government gets involved in would run much better privatized.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s the spirit.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:38:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:39:00 PM EDT
[#21]
We should get on a war footing and stay that way for a while.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#22]
There is good in this world.  

My tiny, insignificant contribution for the day was to order dinner to go from a local restaurant and tip as if I were dining in.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
America, FUCK YEAH.

There is a reason we generally kick everyone's ass.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

well put.

I was thinking about this stuff while driving in this morning... and here's the thing about Americans.

If we have to do something, like absolutely have to get off our asses to get something done.. we don't do it half way, we don't even do it all the way, we go way fuckin overboard...

If we have to, we meet challenges in more and new ways then anyone ever expected.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:44:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Even drudge is nothing but DOOM articles.

Wheres the positive news?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:48:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Well said, but it has only been a little over 2 weeks.  Shit is getting real for a lot of folks right about now.  I do hope we can keep this up!
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Nice, but  Wasnt GM ordered by EO / War procurement act , to make the ventilators ?
View Quote

no
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:27:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We should get on a war footing and stay that way for a while.
View Quote

When pushed, Americans do have the best war time mentality.

Post 9/11 was an example.

If we can turn this into a war time mentality then we will get by as country.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It's happening against the wishes of those wanting the private sector shut down.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:44:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:59:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm reminded of this quote.

Andrew Jackson
Americans are not a perfect people, but we are called to a perfect mission.
View Quote

What makes us great, is our tremendous will and capacity to help others in our communities (despite the hard-selling media/political talking heads).
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:08:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Preach it OP!

I’ve volunteered with the local old folks foundation to take food to the shut in’s, I enjoy it.

Nine line and all tue vet companies are revamping and doing good work too, awesome.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#35]
What we need to do is abolish the media. They seem to be a large part of our troubles because they're the main gear in the leftist propaganda machine.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:14:29 PM EDT
[#36]
I run a very large facility (>2,000 people) that's an essential industry and we flat out can't get hand sanitizer. Running a building this size with no hand sanitizer would be a complete shit show.

A few phone calls to local businesses, and two nights ago I'm walking through a distillery with the owner and he's telling me that he can supply all the hand sanitizer we could need because he switched over production entirely from making high end bourbon to hand sanitizer as soon as the government got around to letting him. He's taking a huge loss on this, but didn't hesitate to step up to fill a need. Private industry is absolutely incredible when you set them free, and despite the divisive bullshit, America is filled with amazing people who want to help.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Has brought out some true colors as well.  We used to joke that the executives hated us, now we know for sure that they do.  I hope they catch this virus.
View Quote

Those are the stories the media wants you to see.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#38]
My wife has been cranking out masks. Double layered so that a filter can be inserted. Our hospitals are pretty well stocked, but the nursing homes aren't. That's who she has been giving them to. She's got a heart of gold.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What we need to do is abolish the media. They seem to be a large part of our troubles because they're the main gear in the leftist propaganda machine.
View Quote

I don't believe that.

The leftists are a tool the media has in their pocket.

Some powerful people control media, and politics.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#40]
My grandma posted that on FB too
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:27:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I run a very large facility (>2,000 people) that's an essential industry and we flat out can't get hand sanitizer. Running a building this size with no hand sanitizer would be a complete shit show.

A few phone calls to local businesses, and two nights ago I'm walking through a distillery with the owner and he's telling me that he can supply all the hand sanitizer we could need because he switched over production entirely from making high end bourbon to hand sanitizer as soon as the government got around to letting him. He's taking a huge loss on this, but didn't hesitate to step up to fill a need. Private industry is absolutely incredible when you set them free, and despite the divisive bullshit, America is filled with amazing people who want to help.
View Quote

Which distillery?   I think I need to buy whatever they sell when this is over.

We have a local ethanol plant doing the same here.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 9:34:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Which distillery?   I think I need to buy whatever they sell when this is over.

We have a local ethanol plant doing the same here.
View Quote

We have a local distillery here doing that (Boise, ID):

This distillery.

OP - I do like the post.  After seeing all of the "everyone is going to die" and the "take this flubros" or whatever the fuck, it's nice to see a change of pace.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 12:33:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is so bad ass.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:50:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:52:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This.
View Quote

It's all this is about. Shut us down and kill america. Harm oir country until the people blame the president. Once their person is in, well go back to what it was so they can change us to what they want.

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:55:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Thanks for posting that OP.  Finally something that can bring the Flubros and Doomers together.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:57:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
well said
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:59:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My wife has been cranking out masks. Double layered so that a filter can be inserted. Our hospitals are pretty well stocked, but the nursing homes aren't. That's who she has been giving them to. She's got a heart of gold.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/280530/IMG_20200328_095550681_jpg-1346077.JPG
View Quote

Awesome!
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:07:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/280530/IMG_20200328_095550681_jpg-1346077.JPG
View Quote

Can you post or PM me the pattern? I’ve got mom/mother-in-law who would love to jump on this for their locals.
@optimator
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 2:16:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
HEB is good people
View Quote

Fuck yea they are.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top