Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2022 5:35:09 PM EDT

Amazon plans to lay off as many as 20,000 employees across the company in the coming months, including  distribution center workers, technology staff and corporate executives about twice as many as previously reported as the retail and cloud computing giant retrenches after going on a hiring spree during the pandemic.

Amazon employees are ranked from level 1 to level 7, and staff at all levels will likely be affected, according to sources with direct knowledge of the matter, who requested anonymity. The New York Times first reported in mid-November that Amazon would enact mass layoffs, citing sources that said that as many as 10,000 people would be laid off.

Company managers over the last few days, however, have been told that they should try to identify work performance problems among employees, as part of an effort to lay off about 20,000 people, according to sources. Twenty thousand employees are the equivalent of about 6% of corporate staff, and about 1.3% of Amazon's total 1.5 million-strong workforce including global distribution center and hourly workers.

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3682071/amazon-layoffs-now-expected-to-mount-to-20000-including-top-managers.amp.html

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 5:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Errbody wants to be a manger until it's time to get fired
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 5:40:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I've worked there almost a year, you would not fucking believe the amount of overhead. I get 3 dozen emails a day from people in job titles I've never heard of. "Program manager" by the bus load, it never ends.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 5:46:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've worked there almost a year, you would not fucking believe the amount of overhead. I get 3 dozen emails a day from people in job titles I've never heard of. "Program manager" by the bus load, it never ends.
View Quote

they may be taking a page from the Elon Musk Twitter book
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:05:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Being a woke company is expensive.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
By me all of the Amazon delivery drivers are gone replaced by mainly the post office
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Errbody wants to be a manger until it's time to get fired
View Quote

Not me.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
By me all of the Amazon delivery drivers are gone replaced by mainly the post office
View Quote

Probably because amazons dumb ass drivers totaled all the vans.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:10:51 PM EDT
[#8]
My two sons were hired by Amazon as seasonal warehouse workers with Amazon. My youngest quit recently since it was conflicting with his classes. Oldest still works there. They both enjoy(ed) it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#9]
doubled
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Does this include the layoffs in the Alexa division?  Thought they were already heavily culled.

While certain sections of Amazon were doing their own delivery - most delivery was either by contracted drivers (which purchased their own vans with "Amazon" on the side) or independent contract drivers (which used their personal vehicles).  That said, neither of those operated near me, so most was UPS, but they switched to FedEx this year.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#11]
will they do this by diversity?
fire all the lighter colors first darkest last?
that would square with today's values best.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Having their own delivery drivers made no sense at all.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:22:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Well Rings of Power will make up for this
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well Rings of Power will make up for this
View Quote

Hope so we're enjoying it...
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Hope so we're enjoying it...
View Quote

Rings of Power: A Diverse FLOP | Amazon ATTACKS Fans Again.
                                                                                                                                                                                       Attachment Attached File
Top Top