Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You raised a hall monitor.
View Quote
This

teach him when to MYOB
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#2]
He’s taking a stand against criminals.   Good on him, back him up!
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Like father like son.....

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:16:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Congratulations.  You raised Mr. Cheka/NKVD/KGB/Stasi.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:19:53 PM EDT
[#5]
The world has too many snitches. MYOB
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:25:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
MYOFB.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:26:11 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, is he a hall monitor?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:31:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Is this your kid?

Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:39:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Man thats depressing, because snitches/narc's/tattle tales are pretty much the scum of the earth.

I'd absolutely have a long talk with him.
View Quote
so the guy doing the drugs/breaking the rules are the good guys?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Are either of those things negatively affecting you or someone else in some way?
View Quote
so if doesn't affect you its OK?

Your neighbor beats his wife and small children, thats OK?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:45:36 PM EDT
[#12]
for the affect of drugs I must remind GD of the recent Seattle dying thread.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
for the affect of drugs I must remind GD of the recent Seattle dying thread.
View Quote
Link?
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I think he's doing the right thing. It's not "fun" being the party pooper, but from a Values standpoint, it shows you raised him right. It also shows he has the moral compass to understand what he shouldn't be doing and can be trusted not to make similar mistakes as those other kids.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:50:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Errbody all up in errbody’s business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your 16 year old kid has to ask you if it is OK to print something?
You read what your 16 year old kid is printing?

Wop-wop-wop = helicopter parent
Errbody all up in errbody’s business.
It's that kind of family, apparently.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:55:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I didn't read all three pages.

I think we all agree the letter is a bad idea.

Has anyone suggested the obvious?

OP should help his son to make a cool-as-fuck superhero costume with lycra body suit and contrasting-colored knee-high boots, utility belt, cuffed gloves, full-face mask and cape.

Then the boy could go to the school and knock some vape-addled heads together, they'll be virtually defenseless due to the deleterious effects of the devil's-lettuce-oil they are vaping.

OP's son will be protected by the anonymity of his mask and by the admiring gazes of the student body, especially the girls.

He just needs a name-- maybe Captain Anti-Vape.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man thats depressing, because snitches/narc's/tattle tales are pretty much the scum of the earth.

No,  they're just people,  flawed, trying to live their lives. Laws=/= Morality.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:57:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I think he's doing the right thing. It's not "fun" being the party pooper, but from a Values standpoint, it shows you raised him right. It also shows he has the moral compass to understand what he shouldn't be doing and can be trusted not to make similar mistakes as those other kids.
View Quote
Pot is literally everywhere.  It's pretty much accepted as being safer than alcohol.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 10:59:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
My 16-year old son just asked me if he could print something out.
"Of course!"
So he did, and it turned out he was printing out a letter to his principle outing some kids in his class for using vape pens that contain THC.
Personally, I say they deserve it for vaping at all, but I'm not sure how to proceed, as I don't want my kid to get "a reputation" seeing as how we are in a small town and he has two more years of school after this....
View Quote
Good for him.  Get those shitbags some much-needed attention.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Snitches get stitches.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Pot is literally everywhere.  It's pretty much accepted as being safer than alcohol.
View Quote
Still illegal (whether it's a misdemeanor or ignored in your state, federally it's illegal). But also, I would be FURIOUS to find out my daughter smokes pot, regardless of how "accepted" it is.  Well shop lifting isn't a big deal, and being a slut is common, you think it's ok for your 15 year old daughter to be sleeping around?  Sex is so common, and so is teenage sex. If you heard there was going to be a gang bang after school, and you had a daughter at that school, wouldn't you like someone to put an end to it as to potentially save your daughter or someone else's from making a huge mistake, which they think is "ok".

I hope my daughter will make the best decisions possible as she grows up. I know she will make mistakes, we all do. But if she ended up being the "square" that never did drugs, never slept around, and worried more about school than what is going on with the other kids, I would be a happy father. Yes the odds are against me, but it won't stop me from trying to raise that child that way.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:21:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah fuck that.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Still illegal (whether it's a misdemeanor or ignored in your state, federally it's illegal). But also, I would be FURIOUS to find out my daughter smokes pot, regardless of how "accepted" it is.  Well shop lifting isn't a big deal, and being a slut is common, you think it's ok for your 15 year old daughter to be sleeping around?  Sex is so common, and so is teenage sex. If you heard there was going to be a gang bang after school, and you had a daughter at that school, wouldn't you like someone to put an end to it as to potentially save your daughter or someone else's from making a huge mistake, which they think is "ok".

I hope my daughter will make the best decisions possible as she grows up. I know she will make mistakes, we all do. But if she ended up being the "square" that never did drugs, never slept around, and worried more about school than what is going on with the other kids, I would be a happy father. Yes the odds are against me, but it won't stop me from trying to raise that child that way.
View Quote
That's great and all,  but would you like her to start a letter writing campaign to let Mr. & Mrs. Rottencrotch know that their daughter Susie was getting porked in the highschool parking lot last week?

Let your morals be your own. As long as there is no victim let them be. Freedom is meaningless in the absence of the ability to make poor decisions.  We would all be better off if we focused more on improving ourselves,  and less on everyone else.

ETA: 20 round mags are illegal in my state... you really want to make that your standard...
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pot is more benign than alcohol.  As for if you have a young girl.  She is going to be exposed to a lot of marijuana unless you shelter her profoundly.  Like locking her in a basement.  I know plenty of young women that are responsible with sex but smoke pot.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:10:42 AM EDT
[#25]
All the shit that goes on in this world, all the shit about his own life your boy needs to be focused on, and this is where he is expending his energy?

Seriously.  Tell him to grow up and mind his own fuckin business.

Either that or buy him some superman underwear and a cape and turn him loose on the town lol.  Maybe he can start a protest against swimsuits at the local pool and start keeping a log book with date time location and persons of interest of all the swear words he hears around town and start writting letters to santa clause regarding said transgressions.

World needs more virtue signalling and more real heroes
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:14:36 AM EDT
[#26]
No offense to your boy OP, he sounds like a good kid, just needs to learn a touch of humility, tolerance, and staying in his own lane.

You dont have to approve of something to recognize when its none of your business.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:49:20 AM EDT
[#27]
You have to out think his snitchin ass OP, you know what you need to do.....

Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:49:55 AM EDT
[#28]
My guess, he’s #2 in his class and the kid who is #1 vapes.

Either that or he’s trying to take out some romantic competition.

He’s not a narc, he’s cutthroat.

Check his spelling and give him some stamps.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:56:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are either of those things negatively affecting you or someone else in some way?

Your scenario is flawed because it includes innocent victims. Try again.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:58:30 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm surprised it took till page three for GD's Eagle Scouts and hall monitors to arrive.

Y'all slippin.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#31]
What fucking universe do you tough guys live in? Snitches get stitches? L O fucking L. It's high school not a maximum security prison.

If I'm paying money to keep a school open then the little fuckers there can get their education, and if they don't want to they can fuck off somewhere else.

Make up your mind GD. "My kid is an angel they do nothing wrong!" Next thing it's "Hurr durr snitches get stitches".

It doesn't work that way.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 1:31:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're high schoolers, getting high, which is pretty standard behavior that only negatively impacts them. I'd say about 50% of kids in my HS engaged in the exact same behavior, and now as adults are perfectly productive citizens.

Meanwhile, a tattle tale / narc is straight scum. By getting the school involved, he's creating a paper trail that can actually harm these kids future, potentially impacting their college admissions.

More broadly, a tattle tale / narc will grow up to be the same. And those types of personalities form the bedrock of an authoritarian society, and undermine our trust in our fellow citizens.

In terms of things I'd be terrified of if I have a child:
1. Having a retarded / deformed kid
2. Having a kid whose a sociopath / psychopath
3. Having a kid whose a tattle tale / narc
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 1:34:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He just needs a name-- maybe Captain Anti-Vape.
View Quote
THE VAPIST
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 1:51:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes!

Next he can start reporting bumpstocks and all other manner of dangerous items!
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:05:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"Of course!"
So he did, and it turned out he was printing out a letter to his principle outing some kids in his class for using vape pens that contain THC.
Personally, I say they deserve it for vaping at all, but I'm not sure how to proceed, as I don't want my kid to get "a reputation" seeing as how we are in a small town and he has two more years of school after this....
View Quote
I see what your saying.
Hope you guys and your property stays safe.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:11:09 AM EDT
[#36]
At 16 he should know better, you failed him as a father in this case OP.  Sort it out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:18:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I see what your saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Of course!"
I see what your saying.
This.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 3:05:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
I just love when people bring this example up.. why the eff can the wife not make the call to protect her children without dragging me into it?
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 3:12:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So when should you narc? Should you narc when drug dealers enter your neighborhood? When you see someone breaking into your neighbors house?
View Quote
Do you understand the difference between violating someone's rights and ignoring the King's edicts?
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 3:12:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Show him this thread and ask if that’s what he really wants.

Teenagers are idiots and will do stupid shit. Then they mature and grow out of it. He needs to accept that and give them the chance. Narcing creates a paper trail that destroys that opportunity. Or like a kid in my high school. Kid narced on him. Cops told him “you narc on your wholesaler dealer or we bust you”. Wholesale dealer found out and blasted the kid. And the cops and narc were like “oh sorry but he should of known better”

Also where the fuck did he get the idea that this was ok? Sounds like you need to straighten out your son and get the women’s mentality out of him.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 4:45:01 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pics of wife?
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:14:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I just love when people bring this example up.. why the eff can the wife not make the call to protect her children without dragging me into it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit! Guess what, I'm not your fucking white knight! Deal with your own problems and I'll deal with mine.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:17:04 AM EDT
[#43]
I taught my kids if someone is in danger or being hurt to tell an adult.
Anything else, mind your own business.

I would throw his letter in the trash and ground him.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:18:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
It won't end well for him.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:37:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
...Tell him to mind his own business.  Why does he give a shit?
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:41:24 AM EDT
[#46]
Make sure he prints two copies and posts one on the classroom board. Might as well teach transparency too.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:51:02 AM EDT
[#47]
You're raising a narc. Teach him to mind his own business.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So when should you narc? Should you narc when drug dealers enter your neighborhood? When you see someone breaking into your neighbors house?
View Quote
Not when a few teenagers are smoking pot.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:57:30 AM EDT
[#49]
If he were my kid, I would have stopped that endeavor right in its tracks, for a multitude of reasons.

Holy fuck. 16 ought to know better.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote
If the country goes the way it's going, you and I are going to be criminals soon enough for simply owning firearms.

What kind of neighbors do you want when that happens?
Page / 7
Top Top