Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2022 5:37:25 PM EDT
There is a creek that runs through the Old Town of Anchorage. It’s called Campbell Creek.
The new town looks like the old town except more businesses, which is further north, maybe 2-3 miles.

Campbell Creek has a walking/bike path from the ocean to a lake, salmon run, supposedly, but have never seen it in this river.

Families are now camping out permanently down by the river. Like they set up family size tents, Weber grills and right next to a water source.

They are also probably using the creek as a bathroom shitting and pissing in it.

We walked yesterday maybe 1/4 mile down the path and saw 6 camps.

Excuse the blur on the photo, people own guns here and it was an incognito on the go one hand photo, with a ipotato.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:40:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Coming to an area near you.
Wherever you are.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:44:25 PM EDT
[#2]
They use discarded shopping carts as impromptu fish traps.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Soon a lot more will just go out in federal land and build a house.

5 years from now Alaska BLM is going to say whoa, where did all these houses come from?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Well if we didn't offer housing in the winter.

It would be a self correcting problem
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Interested to see how that works out in the Winter.  
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:04:05 PM EDT
[#6]
pics of hot young homeless alaskan MILFs?

asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:04:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They use discarded shopping carts as impromptu fish traps.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:16:49 PM EDT
[#8]
They will be thumbing a ride south about mid-august
... Or they'll find their bear gnawed bones on a hill next June

Should be a fun thread. My money says they pawn the tent two days after the first freeze, and greyhound it to warmer climes

Side note:
Every summer, a pack of young Californian assholes arrive in Colorado without visible means of support. Most of them have the good sense to split before the end of September.
They chip the frozen corpses of the others off the ground fairly regularly though.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#9]
And getting a PFD
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Send the homeless to Mexico. Turnabout is fair play.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And getting a PFD
View Quote

I think this year it’s 2k+
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#12]
The city cleared out a big camp in the park next door. And also clear cut the trees.

I'm very glad. Homeless camps + forests + hot dry weather = fire hazard.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I think this year it's 2k+
View Quote
$3200
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:26:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There is a creek that runs through the Old Town of Anchorage. It's called Campbell Creek.
The new town looks like the old town except more businesses, which is further north, maybe 2-3 miles.

Campbell Creek has a walking/bike path from the ocean to a lake, salmon run, supposedly, but have never seen it in this river.

Families are now camping out permanently down by the river. Like they set up family size tents, Weber grills and right next to a water source.

They are also probably using the creek as a bathroom shitting and pissing in it.

We walked yesterday maybe 1/4 mile down the path and saw 6 camps.

Excuse the blur on the photo, people own guns here and it was an incognito on the go one hand photo, with a ipotato.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/274924/773DA738-3583-474D-B2F2-6482C019126F_jpe-2399112.JPG
View Quote

Ship Creek runs through the original old town site.

Chester Creek is a little south of that.

Campbell creek runs through the southern, newer, and less homeless-ridden part of Anchorage.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Soon a lot more will just go out in federal land and build a house.

5 years from now Alaska BLM is going to say whoa, where did all these houses come from?
View Quote
The homeless here like to go to the first dispersed campsite inside of National Forest and set up there. Leaving their (stolen) trash everywhere
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:31:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
$3200
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$3200

Damn, ammo incoming.

I’d buy from gunrunners in old town but their prices are ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And getting a PFD

As difficult as it is going to be to amend the State Constitution to fix the PFD AK is going to have to do it.

Nobody in AK should be getting a PFD unless they own actual real estate. PFD should come first as a credit toward property taxes, then the surplus if there is any distributed to property owners.

AK has every free shit program that every other State has, plus a cash payment to spend at the dispensary. I know, it will never happen because everybody loves them some PFD but this problem will only get worse as long as it exists.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:39:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

As difficult as it is going to be to amend the State Constitution to fix the PFD AK is going to have to do it.

Nobody in AK should be getting a PFD unless they own actual real estate. PFD should come first as a credit toward property taxes, then the surplus if there is any distributed to property owners.

AK has every free shit program that every other State has, plus a cash payment to spend at the dispensary. I know, it will never happen because everybody loves them some PFD but this problem will only get worse as long as it exists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
And getting a PFD

I didn’t apply for it the last two years but did this year because of how we got built back better.

FJB n FDNC
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Los Anchorage has been a colostomy bag for a while although iirc ~2013-14 the vagrants and tweakers quit heading South after getting their PFD. I noticed the needle drop box in the Wasilla Carrs in 2018 so you're going to have to drive to Healy or Eureka to enjoy Alaska without sharing oxygen with fugees from the L48 hiding from law enforcement.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They will be thumbing a ride south about mid-august
... Or they'll find their bear gnawed bones on a hill next June

Should be a fun thread. My money says they pawn the tent two days after the first freeze, and greyhound it to warmer climes

Side note:
Every summer, a pack of young Californian assholes arrive in Colorado without visible means of support. Most of them have the good sense to split before the end of September.
They chip the frozen corpses of the others off the ground fairly regularly though.
View Quote

I spent a few weeks hanging with that crowd one summer.  It was shit tons of fun.  Except for the begging part.  I wasn't begging, but it was pretty disgusting to see them rely on it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:47:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Last year there was no camps.

My next day off I’ll count more.

It kinda feels dangerous now, instead of walking down the path and seeing a moose,
you see a bunch of degenerates camping where they shouldn't.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:50:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Last year there was no camps.

My next day off I'll count more.

It kinda feels dangerous now, instead of walking down the path and seeing a moose,
you see a bunch of degenerates camping where they shouldn't.
View Quote
Yeah it's gross. The Democrats see them as a profit center. They enable it and then get funding to fight it. But the incentive isn't around decreasing the homeless, you get more money the more homeless there are.

Amazingly, the new mayor of Seattle is cleaning it up.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Put them in a boat, send them down the creek and across the water to Russia. ETA: You could even give them a different kind of PFD to make sure they get across without drowning.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was denied my first PFD because I was deployed but got it the next year. Being a homeowner I got harassed enough over jury duty while on Active Duty that I never applied again
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#27]
used to be quite a good salmon run, have you never had lunch at the Peanut Farm or Arctic Roadrunner and sat outside watching the King salmon spawners paired off?
Lots of Silvers also. East of the Hwy there are usually a shitload of bears. Most of the homeless congregate near that Mission across Tudor from Holiday, small creek park back past Great Northern Guns is loaded with grifters up to 1500lbs.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:20:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Wherever you are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Wherever you are.
Not in Tennessee

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/public-camping-felony-tennessee-homeless-seek-refuge-84881499

Tennessee is about to become the first U.S. state to make it a felony to camp on local public property such as parks

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:23:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
fuck fixing it, pay me my fucking money, last time I did the Math it was over 80k each, the fucking state doesn't belong in the steal wwaces' money business one minute longer
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
used to be quite a good salmon run, have you never had lunch at the Peanut Farm or Arctic Roadrunner and sat outside watching the King salmon spawners paired off?
Lots of Silvers also. East of the Hwy there are usually a shitload of bears. Most of the homeless congregate near that Mission across Tudor from Holiday, small creek park back past Great Northern Guns is loaded with grifters up to 1500lbs.
View Quote
They sparked a huge fire right before covid.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#32]
The Portland style of homeless camps have spread up here as well.

I went to the my local auto parts store that I hadn't been to in quite a while and was shocked to see right nearby the street was lined with clapped-out RVs and there was a path cut into the woods for a camp. The city or county must be paying for the parta-johns

The previous streetview before this one was in May 2019 and there was absolutely nothing here.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top