Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/20/2022 5:56:31 AM EDT
https://www.kbtx.com/2022/05/19/despicable-jimbo-fisher-addresses-media-after-comments-made-nick-saban-wednesday-night/

“Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban at the World Games event in Birmingham, Alabama. In short, Saban accused Texas A&M of “buying every player” in their 2022 recruiting class, which was named a consensus #1 by multiple recruiting sites.”

College athletes can now be legally paid to play sports.  Nick Saban just told all the recruits who is paying the most.  Texas A&M will encourage this story to stay in the news.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:59:11 AM EDT
[#1]
That's him trying to tell his boosters to raise his players pay to stay at the top.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:59:26 AM EDT
[#2]
…and?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Well as long as they got to pay tax on it now...dont care. But I am sure the universities will cover that too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:04:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
…and?
View Quote

It makes me laugh.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:19:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Roll Tide
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://www.kbtx.com/2022/05/19/despicable-jimbo-fisher-addresses-media-after-comments-made-nick-saban-wednesday-night/

“Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban at the World Games event in Birmingham, Alabama. In short, Saban accused Texas A&M of “buying every player” in their 2022 recruiting class, which was named a consensus #1 by multiple recruiting sites.”

College athletes can now be legally paid to play sports.  Nick Saban just told all the recruits who is paying the most.  Texas A&M will encourage this story to stay in the news.
View Quote

Of the two schools mentioned.  One will pay more, one will win more.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 6:39:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I predict that the Aggies will have a national championship within 3 years

The Kyle Field renovation a few years back announced was $500 million.  It was closer to $750 million in reality.  They announced a new campaign for new suites and practice facilities.  Goal is like $285 million.  

Texas A&M can afford to buy a few National Championships.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Welcome to the world of professional sports….
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:22:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Kyle Field renovation a few years back announced was $500 million.  It was closer to $750 million in reality.  They announced a new campaign for new suites and practice facilities.  Goal is like $285 million.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found the A&M fan lol.

A&M will continue 8-4 and 9-3 with some of the worst beatings they will ever receive from Bama in the next 3 years.

Culture is going to be fun in that locker room lol.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Just disentangle college sports from the university system.  Semi pro club teams don't need to be subsidized by the taxpayers.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Aggies have been predicting national championships for decades. I won’t be holding my breath.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:31:47 AM EDT
[#12]
They've always been paid in some form, now it's legal.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Saban also said Bama didnt pay any of its players.

he's fos

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:43:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:54:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Lol nice.

I don’t understand Saban’s intent. All he accomplished was firing up a good team because he didn’t get the #1 recruiting class once.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:59:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like a couple of whores arguing about which of their va-jay-jays stinks the worst.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Little Jimbos manufactured outrage is funny…Nick didn’t say he was doing anything illegal, he was trying to make the point is this what we want college football to be…
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:04:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Gig em!
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Texas A&M will be world champions this year.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:13:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Aggies have been predicting national championships for decades. I won’t be holding my breath.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Like the players weren’t compensated before… it’s now just in larger quantities and overt.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:19:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Saban must have accepted our NIL deal
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#24]
If a mid-tier NFL player gets cut and has a year of NCAA eligibility left is there anything stopping a team from paying him a few million to come back to school for a year?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Lol nice.

I don’t understand Saban’s intent. All he accomplished was firing up a good team because he didn’t get the #1 recruiting class once.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol nice.

he fucked up by calling out a&m by name. he knows it too, which is why he has since apologized.

i understand his intent. he doesnt like the wild wild west of unregulated NIL so he's trying to pressure power holders like college presidents and conference commissioners (not NCAA, they're a paper tiger now and everyone knows it) to step in and put some rules in place.

but he's lying out his ass to say bama didnt do it.  

maybe he really does want limits for the good of the sport, maybe he's pissed someone did it faster and better than him.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:36:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

You just now realized this?
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:30:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

he's fos

View Quote

Yep, he's just mad that it is now legal and other teams re doing it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
LOL. They just need to call it the minor pro-football league.

It's going to be the death nail to college football.
View Quote
I'm going with this.

Always enjoyed watching college football but i see I'm going to be spending more time in the work shop doing projects.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#30]
NIL stands for Now it's Legal.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:24:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ll take the opposing position on a wager if you are so inclined.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:31:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

he fucked up by calling out a&m by name. he knows it too, which is why he has since apologized.

i understand his intent. he doesnt like the wild wild west of unregulated NIL so he's trying to pressure power holders like college presidents and conference commissioners (not NCAA, they're a paper tiger now and everyone knows it) to step in and put some rules in place.

maybe he really does want limits for the good of the sport, maybe he's pissed someone did it faster and better than him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol nice.

I think everything Saban tells the press is calculated. He knew he would get “reprimanded” and have to apologize. More importantly, he knew this would bring the media’s focus to these topics. He will keep bringing it up until more regs are passed to give coaches more power. He isn’t the only coach who doesn’t like it or is outspoken about it. He just happens to be the one everyone will publish, especially when he is controversial.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:36:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he's fos

Anyone who says college football players at SEC universities were paid illegally are FOS.

I mean, that star running back who grew up poor and on food stamps can surely afford that new Escalade on 24s.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:39:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Go Tigers!   (that's the Clemson Tigers)

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Muh love of the game!

Give me a break.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:50:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I’ll take the opposing position on a wager if you are so inclined.
View Quote

Don’t do it! I had two aggies bet me they were going to win a championship within 4 years when they hired coach Fran. Of course they never paid up.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 4:54:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think so, too.  I’d like to see club football come to the major universities and get them televised.  It would be the closest thing to the original sport and I’d watch it over what we were setting up to see.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:03:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Lol nice.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lol nice.

Read the article below:

The author makes a good point that A&M has supporters with much deeper pockets than Alabama does, especially now that oil and gas are high.  Nick isn't happy about that, because Alabama doesn't have the money that A&M will have coming in to pay players.  Without the money coming in, Alabama's time on top is drawing to a close.  So he mouthed of complaining about it.  When it comes down to money, guess where the players will be going?  Hint, it isn't Alabama

As a long suffering Auburn fan, I'm ready to see Alabama fans get taken down quite a few notches.

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just disentangle college sports from the university system.  Semi pro club teams don't need to be subsidized by the taxpayers.
View Quote

Or the student body.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 5:46:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Every school will be offering money.   Every single one.

Players are still gonna wanna win.  So the decision maybe to pocket less at some school, but have a higher chance of winning.  

It’s not the choice of no money versus money.  It’s the difference in the amount of money.  Some schools have a greater culture of winning, or is that for debate too?

If it matters, I’m not for Alabama or A&M.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:04:14 PM EDT
[#42]
All Saban actually accomplished was to motivate a really good team to be even better. A&M will be out for blood this fall in T-town.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:07:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

aTm has one of the most delusional fan bases in the country. They have done very little historically, and that will continue. Arkansas is another one. They think they have some great program and they've never done ANYTHING.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:10:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

All Saban actually accomplished was to motivate a really good team to be even better. A&M will be out for blood this fall in T-town.
View Quote

We shall see, but Bama has a very good team and is ready for payback

Saban never said anything illegal was done...........but it's interesting that Bimbo stated he didn't know anything about the collectives or how they operated, but he was sure they did everything the right way..........even though he knew nothing about their operations.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

All of college sports….

NCAA screwed it up bigly.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:24:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

We shall see, but Bama has a very good team and is ready for payback

Saban never said anything illegal was done...........but it's interesting that Bimbo stated he didn't know anything about the collectives or how they operated, but he was sure they did everything the right way..........even though he knew nothing about their operations.
View Quote
It's gonna be a dogfight for sure. I wouldn't put money on either one. Handshake after the game should be interesting too.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:28:25 PM EDT
[#47]

This is bullshit and I'm sick of hearing people try to make this stupid point. CFB did not move from "communism to capitalism". It did EXACTLY the opposite.

Back in the day CFB was capitalist, basically the corporate model, with the head coaches (CEO) other coaches and administrators (mgmt) making the big salaries, while the players (employees) made less in the form of scholarships, food, books, medical, etc... This adds up to hundreds of thousands of dollars, BTW. This is NOT "communism" in any sense. You can think it's "not fair" if you want, but it IS capitalism, and it's the way nearly every big business works. But, "muh universities (businesses) make money off the back of the players (workers)"? Yeah, and....? For good or ill that's the way American businesses work. That's capitalism.

Why should the university allow players to use their relationship to the school to sell image/likeness and take money from boosters? There's only so many of those dollars to go around, and nobody would give the player a dime if they were not associated with the university. Forcing universities to allow NIL crap is basically like the government coming in and forcing McDonalds to allow one of their burger flippers to set up a taco stand inside one of the restaurants.

This new NIL model is not capitalism, it's much closer to communism with the government stepping in and FORCING a business to allow it's "employees" to compete with it for the same pool of dollars, all while the university has to pay and subsidize all these other "businesses" competing with it under its own roof. There's a reason you don't see this in any other big business out there. It's not capitalist. It's nothing but another lefty/commie, social justice, "redistribution of wealth" scheme.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:32:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

maybe, but i'm pretty sure the Ags were already motivated and boosted by the confidence the win provided last year.

BTHOeveryone

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Bread and circus post
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#50]
LSU fan checking in here.....if you have not been paying attention the past 15 years, Saban getting that talent at Alabama was not based on him but the pay they were getting....now the pay is across the board, he is not happy....is he the GOAT, for sure, does he have the charm, hell yes....but I think it is time for things to change....

Saban has been walking the 4" ledge line of legal stunts for years.....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top