Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/6/2021 6:53:17 PM EDT
Searched...didn't see anything.  Pretty nice display he has had

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/rockland/ramapo/2021/09/02/airmont-deputy-mayor-brian-downey-arrested-weapons-charges/5701844001/

AIRMONT  Deputy Mayor Brian Downey was charged Thursday with 11 felony counts of illegal purchases of a rifle suppression device and other gun parts over the Internet, and investigators seized weapons at his house.
Downey, 47, a Ramapo deputy building inspector and part-time court officer, was walked out of his home by two Ramapo police officers following a joint investigation by U.S. Homeland Security and the Rockland District Attorney's Office.
Downey faces felony charges that include purchasing a rifle suppression device over the Internet. He has yet to plead to the charges, but a felony conviction would force him to leave office.

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 6:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like he has a lot more trouble

AIRMONT DEPUTY MAYOR ARREST RESULTS IN ADDITIONAL STATE AND FEDERAL CRIMINAL CHARGESRockland County District Attorney Tom Walsh announced additional Federal and State charges against Airmont Deputy Mayor as the investigation continues.
Yesterday Brian Downey, 47, of Airmont, NY was charged in the Southern District of New York on the following offenses:
Title 26, United States Code, Sections 5845(a)(2) and (a)(4) and 5861(d) - Possession of Unregistered Firearms;
Title 18, United States Code, Section 701  Possession of Federal Badges, Identification Cards, and other Insignia;
The defendant was arraigned by the Honorable Judith C. McCarthy, United States Magistrate Judge Southern District of New York who set bail of $250,000.00 unsecured bond.
In addition, to the original charges filed by the Rockland County District Attorney's office which consisted of:
1 count of Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the 1st Degree  Penal Law Section 265.04 (2) related to the possession of ten or more unregistered firearms.
16 counts Criminal Possession of an Weapon in the 3rd Degree  Penal Law 265.02 (7) related to possession of 16 assault weapons.
13 counts Criminal Possession of a Weapon in 3rd Degree  Penal Law 265.02 (2) related to the possession of thirteen firearm silencers.
The Rockland County District Attorney's office filed supplementary charges and obtained a warrant from the Village of Airmont Justice Court against Brian Downey for the following charges on behalf of the People of the State of New York:
     3 counts of Criminal Possession of a Forged Instrument in the 2nd Degree  Penal Law Section 170.25 related to the possession of a fraudulent New York Court Officer Identification Card and two fraudulent New York Court Officer badges.
The defendant has not been arraigned on this new warrant in Airmont and is currently in custody in the Rockland County Jail.
"I will echo my sentiments on Thursday about this unfortunate incident. Anyone who takes an oath of office to serve the public and is entrusted to by their community to serve its constituents should have integrity beyond reproach.
This fluid investigation involving the Rockland County District Attorney's office and our Federal partners (HSI, ATF, US Postal Inspector) has resulted in the arrest of a public official who violated that oath of office and betrayed the trust of the public whom he swore to serve. I pledged during my campaign that I would be a District Attorney who would act without fear of favor. This investigation is a primary example of my promise to root out public corruption and those officials who use their right hand to take their oath and utilize their position of power to violate the sacred trust of those they swore to serve."
This investigation is ongoing.
The Rockland County District Attorney's Office will be transparent during this investigation as we continue to work collaboratively with our law enforcement partners to safeguard the public trust. I will make sure that all public officials that serve the citizens Rockland never betray those that have entrusted them to look out for their best interest - said District Attorney Thomas E. Walsh II"
The Rockland County District Attorney's office would like to thank the Southern District of New York, Homeland Security and the United States Postal Inspector Task Force for their assistance with this case. The Task Forces from those respective Federal Partners also consists of members from the ATF and NYPD Intel. In addition, we would like to extend our deepest appreciation to the Ramapo Police Department who provided resources to our office with the apprehension of the defendant and executing the search warrant. The cooperation between our respective law enforcement agencies is paramount to ensuring public safety and as the District Attorney would like to commend all involved.
* It should be noted that a criminal complaint is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Brian showed somebody his shit.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I bet he bought a Chinese fuel filter to go with his fancy blast deflectors,  and NY wouldn't let him pay the federal tax.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Surefires. I wonder how he managed that. That's not cheap or common.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol, that dude is screwed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:00:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I would feel bad for him if he wasn't a cop. Shame, probably a cool dude.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:01:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would feel bad for him if he wasn't a cop. Shame, probably a cool dude.
View Quote
I don't think he is a cop.  I think all the creds are fake
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#8]
As difficult as it is to find sympathy for NY politicians, the man committed no actual crime.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wonder if Chinese knockoffs?
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#10]
He did the whole thing
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#11]
No reasonable prosecutor would charge for that
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Should have picked up some fake ATF badges.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, he's obviously not a Democrap.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Surefire suppressors that have never been fired, only photographed? Username?
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
As difficult as it is to find sympathy for NY politicians, the man committed no actual crime.
View Quote

Exactly.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Whole lotta WTF…

If he’s got a shield, it’s as easy as $200 to register your shit.

Fake ID’s mentioned in a local story make me go hmmmm….

Not gonna judge… Hope he comes out ok because… Bail Reform….
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:11:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Not guilty because I'm not a hypocrite.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Drain cleaners???
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Whole lotta WTF…

View Quote

Bail reform only keeps you out until trial, then it's up to the prosecutor to nolle prosequi or have a chance to rake a professional white male over the coals for gun charges vs Tyrone and Davarious.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Poor guy forgot where he lives. At the same time, thousands of actual violent criminals, pedophiles, rapists, are released without bond from NY jails
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:21:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Not guilty because I'm not a hypocrite.
View Quote

So, you don’t pay that tax, either?

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#23]
FPNI
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:23:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:24:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Bail reform only keeps you out until trial, then it's up to the prosecutor to nolle prosequi or have a chance to rake a professional white male over the coals for gun charges vs Tyrone and Davarious.

Kharn
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whole lotta WTF…

Kharn

With all due respect Kharn… (And I sincerely mean that)..
This case only applies to a time when there was a rule of law. We’ve lost that.
Just hit 26 years as a cop…. It’s ALL over. The restoration will be necessarily brutal.
I don’t plan on surviving to see it’s outcome.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure fire makes-or made-a training suppressor for those who wanted the look but no performance.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I was recently in a gun store in NY and they had a huge selection of suppressors

I didn't think they sold them here in NY .
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Brian showed somebody his shit.
View Quote
Or someone hacked his camera in the gun room.

Loose lips and IPs doomed the deputy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Lol, that dude is screwed.
View Quote

I wonder about people who would laugh at this.
Because I don’t think there’s anything funny about it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:33:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m sure having fake FBI badges and credentials are a crime.

I wonder why he had them and what he used them for.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#32]
The accused needs to be able to face the victim in the court of law.

The state cannot be the victim.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Hell, He will prolly get into more trouble for having those fake Feebs identification credentials than everything else.  They tend to get all types of butt hurt over those things.  

As I understood the story He was a part-time court officer but they do not make clear if he had powers of arrest in that capacity which if he did would make him a LEO.  Was his position appointed or elected?  Either way he was a member of government which seems to fall into the Government or LEO use only....

Yea I know, he didn't ask or have the King's permission so no lollipop for him....

I hope that mess in his gun room was from their rummaging and not the everyday look.  He needed to do some cleaning anyway.... Oh and he is a dumb ass for thinking he could get away with it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#35]
... Anyone who takes an oath of office to serve the public and is entrusted to by their community to serve its constituents should have integrity beyond reproach. ...
View Quote

lol...
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I’m sure having fake FBI badges and credentials are a crime.

I wonder why he had them and what he used them for.
View Quote

Forgive me for not clarifying; violations of malum prohibitum laws aren't actual crimes.

God help us if people have stuff in their houses that they don't use for anything nefarious. They should go arrest 6 year old boys with their Sheriff badges they bought at Walmart too. For all we know this guy could have been given FBI creds for agreeing to help kidnap a governor.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:41:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Not guilty
View Quote

+1...
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:42:12 PM EDT
[#38]
All of those fake documents lead me to believe he's off in the head. Obviously I don't give a shit about the guns or suppressors but he seems kind of nutty to me.

Quoted:
View Quote
xxNoTaFeDeRaLaGeNt69420xx on gunbroker, probably.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Not guilty
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Not guilty
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#41]
shall not be infringed
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Whose rights did he violate?
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
He's a court bailiff, they're peace officers or something semi cop ish
View Quote
Will that help him at all with the weapons charges?
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#44]
I see at least 3-4 fake airsoft surefire "suppressors"
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

They aren't real
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That'd save me a ton of time
View Quote

No kidding.

My problem was I read Lysander Spooner a few years ago.  Now I'm angry all the time.

Spooner for President/Postmaster General 2024
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:09:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Not one, but five fake FBI creds? Dude must be a sandwich short of a picnic.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:13:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Did PSA just lose another customer?

Box in the back looks familiar.

Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#49]
"Pound you in the ass Federal Prison!"

Office Space
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not one, but five fake FBI creds? Dude must be a sandwich short of a picnic.
View Quote

I hope there is not more to the story.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top