User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/7/2024 7:00:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoinDatePostCount]
WTRF article

Yes, this is the acorn dept

AP article

“A deputy responding to the call of a disturbance in progress “reacted in self-defense after he encountered a 23-year-old man armed with a gun,” the Okaloosa County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release Friday.”

Air Force Times

WKRG Article with map

Reddit post, with rumors, theories, and the usual dumpster fire of comments

Witnesses claim police didn’t identify and entered the wrong apartment

"Fortson, according to the witness, asked, "Who is it?" But he didn't receive an answer. After a subsequent "aggressive" second knock and seeing no one through the peephole, Fortson grabbed his legally owned gun, Crump detailed.

As Fortson was walking back to his living room, police entered the apartment and shot him. He reportedly said "I can't breathe" while on the ground after being shot, Crump said, repeating a witness account of the event."

Fox 59

Military.com updated

Ben Crump’s website and announcement of May 9th press conference

MSN article with link to Hurllburt Field Facebook page

CNN article, made the front page
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Gonna need details.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:02:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Beltfed308] [#2]
In for more info. Acorns and pens can be a deadly combo.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GaryM:
Gonna need details.
View Quote

Airman owned a gun. Cop showed to his house and saw gun, so killed him. That’s all the article really says.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#4]
3 news articles that tell us pretty much nothing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:11:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JoinDatePostCount] [#5]
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
3 news articles that tell us pretty much nothing.
View Quote

Now we’re up to four and a Reddit post!

Edit:  I’m also hoping, with all the military members here, someone might have details they’re able to disclose
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:58:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DKUltra] [#6]
There was a local guy here in our small town that called the cops because someone was breaking into his apartment. He then armed himself and went outside to confront the intruder, right as the cops rolled up. Cops ventilated him thinking he was the intruder.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:07:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bunnysriflestock] [#8]
I deal with 2 businesses right by there it is a sketchy area. It is the first time I have ever seen people living in run down trailers in these weird multi trailers in one city lot with one driveway to all share. Then there are these sketchy small block homes around those trailer parks.
And a bunch of what looked like to me Sec 8/Project housing apartments also.
Quite a few gang tags on walls and flower memorials a long the sides of the road back there also.
The type of area where Hood rats ride their bicycles in the middle of the road with no care in the world blocking traffic.
I actually took pictures of some of the spots because it looked like it was right out of Live PD when they used to be in Fort Walton.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Bunnysriflestock:
I deal with 2 businesses right by there it is a sketchy area. It is the first time I have ever seen people living in run down trailers in these weird multi trailers in one city lot with one driveway to all share. Then there are these sketchy small block homes around those trailer parks.
Quite few gang tags on walls and flower memorials a long the sides of the road back there also.
The type of area where Hood rats ride their bicycles in the middle of the road with no care in the world blocking traffic.
I actually took pictures of some of the spots because it looked like it was right out of Live PD when they used to be in Fort Walton.
View Quote

An accurate description of the Florida most tourists will never see.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By atomicbrh:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quite few gang tags on walls and flower memorials a long the sides of the road back there also.

We were there 3 years ago. Buddy was a cop there at the time, he drove us through an incredibly poor neighborhood in Crestview, kinda eye opening compared to where I'm from.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JackRebney:

We were there 3 years ago. Buddy was a cop there at the time, he drove us through an incredibly poor neighborhood in Crestview, kinda eye opening compared to where I'm from.
View All Quotes

Yeah, lots of people know Florida from posters and vacation ads.  I spent tons of time in Pensacola, and some of the areas there are appalling (although I like the city otherwise)
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:57:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JoinDatePostCount:

Yeah, lots of people know Florida from posters and vacation ads.  I spent tons of time in Pensacola, and some of the areas there are appalling (although I like the city otherwise)
View Quote

Yeah, Escambia County has some really poor and violent areas.  Not too far from downtown Pensacola and Pensacola Beach
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:06:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Oceans87] [#13]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
There was a local guy here in our small town that called the cops because someone was breaking into his apartment. He then armed himself and went outside to confront the intruder, right as the cops rolled up. Cops ventilated him thinking he was the intruder.

View Quote

I bet this is exactly what happened in this instance.  Waiting for more details to come out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote
After I got out of the air force I worked as a framer in the Ft Walton area.   I can confirm that crestview is the poor neighborhood. Once went to pick up a coworker in Crestview and when I pulled up to his trailer kids came running out from underneath it.  

Ft Walton used to be moderately better but a couple years ago I stopped in to show my wife and kids where I lived in the 90s and it is a shithole outside of the tourist areas.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Dang.  A gunship guy.  In for more information…

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:12:42 PM EDT
[#16]
The dead man’s family has hired Benjamin Crump.

They are saying that the cops entered the wrong house, dead guy was defending himself.

Cops say the deputy announced as police.

This one may get interesting
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By redfish86:

They are saying that the cops entered the wrong house, dead guy was defending himself.

View Quote

Honestly, this type of scenario is one of things that cause me worry.

But if they hired Crump they are looking for a circus.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By flcroc:

View All Quotes

If they really plugged some random dude because of a wrong address I would want the loudest most obnoxious lawyer on TV up their ass looking for a giant check too.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 7:42:16 PM EDT
[#19]
https://www.military.com/daily-news/2024/05/08/family-of-florida-airman-shot-death-deputies-claims-police-went-wrong-apartment.html

"Fortson, according to the witness, asked, "Who is it?" But he didn't receive an answer. After a subsequent "aggressive" second knock and seeing no one through the peephole, Fortson grabbed his legally owned gun, Crump detailed.

As Fortson was walking back to his living room, police entered the apartment and shot him. He reportedly said "I can't breathe" while on the ground after being shot, Crump said, repeating a witness account of the event."

I am not a fan of Crump.  But even a blind squirrel can find a nut sometimes.  And this is where acorn boy came from.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:10:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#20]
There’s a whole lot here that’s not really adding up.

Initial call goes out as 4th hand info for just a male and female arguing.  Minutes later, we have exigent circumstances to force entry into an apartment where this kid is home alone?  

Lots of missing info.  I’d imagine if this was super clear cut, the SO would be releasing more info to try and head off the outrage machine.  Guess in for more details.  I think they’re going to have to release something quick.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#21]
we really should start requiring that police at least finish the 8th grade...
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

That poor area in Crestview, is most likely where I used to go to play football with the local kids in the late 80s early 90s.  it was somewhat surreal to see all the friendly elderly traditional southern people in that neighborhood walking to church on Sundays.

I’m sure it’s changed 1000x since then.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm just glad the officers made it home safe. That's what is really important. Right guys?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

That or an awful lot of attention.  They’ll get it.

I know info is scarce and sketchy at this point, but this one ain’t lookin good for OCSO.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#25]
The "I can't breathe" part seems added in just to stir the pot.  Who gets shot 6 times and the first thing out of their mouth is that?   Sounds like a really bad shoot but I think lawyer coerced the witness to add that in.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:43:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tarkan] [#26]
He was on the phone, arguing/yelling at/with his girlfriend. ON THE PHONE if you didn't catch that the first time. Reading is for fags and all.

Acorn Team 6 banging on the door. He opens armed, which is legal in Florida, and SD shot him.

Heard it here first. OCSO is and always has been a clown show. They've got a rusted out MRAP collecting rust and spiderwebs for the last 15 years behind McDonalds off of Eglin Pkwy, an entire fleet of patrol vehicles baking in the Sun just across the Lockheed bldg (in the StepOne parking lot) MLK/Hill adjacent to the old Hurlburt main gate, another parking lot of patrol vehicles collecting dust behind Haverty's on Eglin Pkwy in Shalimar.

Aden has a nice big house not too far from the post office. He won't lose a penny over this, or the acorn incident. The deputy will most likely get to resign like acorn brah did. Citizens of Okaloosa will end up paying.

OCSO has had their SRO of the year for the entire state of Florida commit suicide, Acorn Team 6, and now this in a matter of a few years. Kinda says something.

Also when the CO of 1st SOW posts that he was a legit awesome Airman....C'mon.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:48:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

If they really plugged some random dude because of a wrong address I would want the loudest most obnoxious lawyer on TV up their ass looking for a giant check too.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PeepEater:

Agreed.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#28]
The dead man’s family has hired Benjamin Crump
View Quote

Well that doesn't look good at ALL.

Crump is a sleazebag.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:53:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Tarkan:
He was on the phone, arguing/yelling at/with his girlfriend. ON THE PHONE if you didn't catch that the first time. Reading is for fags and all.

Acorn Team 6 banging on the door. He opens armed, which is legal in Florida, and SD shot him.

Heard it here first. OCSO is and always has been a clown show. They've got a rusted out MRAP collecting rust and spiderwebs for the last 15 years behind McDonalds off of Eglin Pkwy, an entire fleet of patrol vehicles baking in the Sun just across the Lockheed bldg (in the StepOne parking lot) MLK/Hill adjacent to the old Hurlburt main gate, another parking lot of patrol vehicles collecting dust behind Haverty's on Eglin Pkwy in Shalimar.

Aden has a nice big house not too far from the post office. He won't lose a penny over this, or the acorn incident. The deputy will most likely get to resign like acorn brah did. Citizens of Okaloosa will end up paying.

OCSO has had their SRO of the year for the entire state of Florida commit suicide, Acorn Team 6, and now this in a matter of a few years. Kinda says something.

Also when the CO of 1st SOW posts that he was a legit awesome Airman....C'mon.
View Quote
Interesting first post.

Welcome to the circus.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:56:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tarkan] [#30]
Quite a few gang tags on walls and flower memorials a long the sides of the road back there also.
View Quote

Checking my fire because I probably mixed up your post with another.

My bad.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:07:11 AM EDT
[#31]

You're either completely FOS, straight up lying.
View Quote

Lovely Neighborhood

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:07:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#32]
Originally Posted By JoinDatePostCount:

View Quote

Westside!!! lol.

There are areas all over that are terrible, but Westside gets the worst rap.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:10:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tarkan] [#33]

I amended my statement, and made an apology for confusing you with another post/claim.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:11:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:
There’s a whole lot here that’s not really adding up.

Initial call goes out as 4th hand info for just a male and female arguing.  Minutes later, we have exigent circumstances to force entry into an apartment where this kid is home alone?  

Lots of missing info.  I’d imagine if this was super clear cut, the SO would be releasing more info to try and head off the outrage machine.  Guess in for more details.  I think they’re going to have to release something quick.
View Quote

They had a call.  What more is needed?

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:13:53 AM EDT
[#35]

I amended my statement, and made an apology for confusing you with another post/claim.

But if you want to get into it.....lol...Your pics? That's nothing for Ft. Walton.
View Quote

That is the neighborhood right?
The more shady looking apartments and ect were hard to get pictures of
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:23:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tangotag] [#36]
While riding around the area, I bought a Harley Davidson T-shirt from the Stealership with an AC-130J on the back of it.
Just a few blocks away from where he was shot.

I also heard Crestview referred as Crestuckey by those not living within.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:30:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tarkan] [#37]

That is the neighborhood right?
The more shady looking apartments and ect were hard to get pictures of
View Quote

No. That's not even remotely the apartment complex in the press release.

Maybe stop with the odd AF low rent Batman work truck Karen taking pics of Racetrack miles away from where the murder of the Airman happened, and read the fucking article which literally fucking gives you, the reader, the literal fucking address of where the police murdered this Airman.

https://www.apartments.com/elan-apartments-by-arium-fort-walton-beach-fl/tf64g88/
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:45:10 AM EDT
[#38]

View Quote

There seems to be no effort to get the address right.  I hope they get their shit together. There is no excuse for trigger-happy cops to get their act together.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:46:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bunnysriflestock] [#39]

No. That's not even remotely the apartment complex in the press release.
View Quote

Koon St is .9 miles behind that apartment complex, where I took the picture of the gang graffiti is much closer.
That area between and back behind Beal Pkwy and Race Track Rd. Is all shady and sketchy
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:53:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By fingas:
I can confirm that crestview is the poor neighborhood.

View Quote
I can confirm that's bullshit. Like any large suburban town, there are poor parts and not-poor parts of Crestview.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:59:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Koon St is .9 miles behind that apartment complex, where I took the picture of the gang graffiti is much closer.
That area between and back behind Beal Pkwy and Race Track Rd. Is all shady and sketchy
View Quote

And? That's Florida. I lived in a 24/7 armed guard, golf course community in West Palm Beach where the poors were buying in at $400k. Across the street once you left the gate? Trailer park.

Doesn't change the fact you posted pics of a completely unrelated apartment complex to possibly further some kind of bias.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:02:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tarkan] [#42]
Originally Posted By Samsound:
I can confirm that's bullshit. Like any large suburban town, there are poor parts and not-poor parts of Crestview.
View Quote

Lol...maybe before 7th Group and supporting units moved in. I helped with the build up of that move. Crestview was a shitshow even before then. Now? Shitshow on roids. To be fair...It's not the Group guys and their families that are the problems. It's the supporting units.

"Not poor parts" of Crestview are 45 mins-1 hour outside of Crestview now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:02:38 AM EDT
[#43]

The commander is a piece of shit, you can tell from his reaction.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:21:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Doesn't change the fact you posted pics of a completely unrelated apartment complex to possibly further some kind of bias.
View Quote

No go back and read all of your mistaken responses to me. I said the area around that Apartment complex is sketchy.
For which you called me " FOS and a Liar " as seen in my quotes from you.
So I showed pictures of the area. No where in any of my posts did I say anything about that specific apartment complex other than it is in a sketchy area.
Then you said my pictures are miles away which they 100% are not.
This one is even closer.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:31:59 AM EDT
[#45]

No go back and read all of your mistaken responses to me. I said the area around that Apartment complex is sketchy.
For which you called me " FOS and a Liar " as seen in my quotes from you.
So I showed pictures of the area. No where in any of my posts did I say anything about that specific apartment complex other than it is in a sketchy area.
Then you said my pictures are miles away which they 100% are not.
This one is even closer.

https://i.ibb.co/HHKwQqn/More-trailer-homes.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/PWwZg4z/Map-Navy-st.png

View Quote

You're really going to stick with your pic of that apartment complex being somehow related to where the Airman was murdered, aren't you?

Be honest....You wake up early and listen to Dan Diamond transmitting from the Magnolia Grill, don't you?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:38:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Be honest....You wake up early and listen to Dan Diamond transmitting from the Magnolia Grill, don't you?
View Quote

Never Heard of him.

I am going to leave responding to you there
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:39:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Never Heard of him.

I am going to leave responding to you there
View Quote

HAH! Got ya!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:41:46 AM EDT