Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2021 2:10:14 PM EDT
Is best bacon. Just got this little unit, it vibrates like a bitch on air fry mode. But crispy bacon in 10 minutes with minimal cleanup is success.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks delicious. Anyone try this in a chefman?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It fits 6 pieces of bacon? Cute.
I didn't know they sold bacon in 1/3-pound packs.

Convection oven is faster.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Had 8 pieces in. Two were....eaten. I dont see how you can get crispy bacon in less than 10 minutes. Can't really go any faster than that.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

The big air fryer?  Neat.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

An air fryer is basically just a convection oven.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a really dumb jump to a conclusion.

There could be a variety of reasons why only 6 pieces are in the photo.

The cooking surface in that basket is 13" x 10.5". That's plenty of space, especially if you're only cooking for 1-3 people.

People who need more capacity can get that model's big brother:

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I prefer it to be cooked in the oven, but the air fryer works nearly as well.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:27:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I prefer it to be cooked in the oven, but the air fryer works nearly as well.
View Quote

Yup the key here is the air fryer was up to temp in like 1 minute. Waiting for the gas oven to come up to temp takes about five or more minutes. I had nicely cooked bacon in less than 12 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Bacon is best cooked in a skillet
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:31:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yup the key here is the air fryer was up to temp in like 1 minute. Waiting for the gas oven to come up to temp takes about five or more minutes. I had nicely cooked bacon in less than 12 minutes.
View Quote

What temperature works best for bacon? I just got my first air fryer the other day and am dying to try bacon.

Eta: nevermind, I see in your pic that the temp is 350.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:40:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Had 8 pieces in. Two were....eaten. I dont see how you can get crispy bacon in less than 10 minutes. Can't really go any faster than that.
View Quote

Easy: How fast can a countertop air fryer thing cook up 2 pounds of crispy bacon?  If the answer isn't 25 minutes, then it's slower than a convection oven.

I don't think an airfryer could even do 1 pound in that time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:44:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Easy: How fast can a countertop air fryer thing cook up 2 pounds of crispy bacon?  If the answer isn't 25 minutes, then it's slower than a convection oven.

View Quote

Thats fair.
My family doesn't and never will need 2 lbs of bacon at once. Or maybe we do
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:53:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oven at 400, on parchment paper.

More perfect.
View Quote

So you're telling me I just plop some bacon on parchment, set on cookie sheet and bake at 400?

Seems all too easy....
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:58:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Moving the goal posts?

My Ninja XL can very easily fry over a pound in under 15 minutes. The thicker the bacon is cut, the more it can load in and fry up.

This isn't rocket surgery.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:00:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Microwave is still the winner,

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So you're telling me I just plop some bacon on parchment, set on cookie sheet and bake at 400?

Seems all too easy....
View Quote
That is almost how I do it. I use aluminum foil and 425 degrees on a cookie sheet. I do 2 pounds at a time and freeze what I don't eat. It reheats in the microwave in less than 30 seconds.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That is almost how I do it. I use aluminum foil and 425 degrees on a cookie sheet. I do 2 pounds at a time and freeze what I don't eat. It reheats in the microwave in less than 30 seconds.
View Quote

Does it get crisp? It would seem like it just sits in its own fat and wouldn't crisp up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:14:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Does it get crisp? It would seem like it just sits in its own fat and wouldn't crisp up.
View Quote
Yes, it gets crisp. The timing is critical near the end. A minute or two is the difference between crisp and burnt. I start checking progress at 16 or 17 minutes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Moving the goal posts?

My Ninja XL can very easily fry over a pound in under 15 minutes. The thicker the bacon is cut, the more it can load in and fry up.

This isn't rocket surgery.
View Quote

Not moving any goalposts.  A real convection oven can cook more bacon faster. Period.  This is not a slight on air fryers; an air fryer is basically a miniature convection oven, so of course the bigger one handles larger payloads. The moment you needed more bacon than fits in the little air fryer pan, the oven would have been faster.

I mean, if you wanted to say which appliance gets a piece of crispy bacon in your mouth the absolute fastest, then the oven and air fryer BOTH lose to the microwave.  A 1200W+ microwave will do about 4 pieces of bacon in 4-5 minutes.  Not the best bacon, but still decent for things like burger/sandwich add-ons.  

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Haven't seen a bad way to cook bacon my preferred is on broil in oven with bacon on lower rack.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Wonder how my arteries are looking

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:22:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yes, it gets crisp. The timing is critical near the end. A minute or two is the difference between crisp and burnt. I start checking progress at 16 or 17 minutes.
View Quote

Absolutely. A minute too long and it's ruined
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:25:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Agreed. Our air fryer has two names. The bacon maker and the takeout machine. That’s what it works best for. Great for bacon and excellent for reheating takeout. Especially french fries and fried chicken. We always take apart our chicken sandwiches and airfry the breast for a couple minutes. Makes it like it just came out of the fryer instead of soggy. Brings cold soggy fries back to life.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

More perfect.
View Quote

this!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:34:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I got one  but damn the plastic smell is horrible!!
Does any here have any suggestions?  I ended up putting the damn thing in the garage due to that plastic smell was smelling the whole house up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:16:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I got one  but damn the plastic smell is horrible!!
Does any here have any suggestions?  I ended up putting the damn thing in the garage due to that plastic smell was smelling the whole house up.
View Quote

Instructions that came with ours said to run the first use on 450F for 20 minutes. I think that burnt off most of the plastic smelling substances.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#32]
I just got a Cuisinart toaster oven that can do air frying and broiling today:

Attachment Attached File

I've got a ribeye cooking in it now (not air frying) that I'm going to slap on a searing hot cast iron pan to finish.

I'll be looking into good air fryer recipes to try out in it. I'd love to do some things like chicken wings and nuggets and such.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:34:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Are you guys lining the basket with aluminum or  parchment paper. I have an Instapot conversion, so round basket. I'd like to try this!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Deep fry
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Seems all too easy....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More perfect.

Seems all too easy....
Works like a charm.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Convection oven @400F for 22 minutes on a rack for the thick sliced peppered bacon I made.  Bacony goodness every time.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#37]
You are the power troll.  I'm not even mad.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:09:38 PM EDT
[#38]

There’s the troll we all know and come to expect to fuck up a food thread.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#39]
turkey bacon and fake eggs ?! ? you, sir, have lost the internet today
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Are you guys lining the basket with aluminum or  parchment paper. I have an Instapot conversion, so round basket. I'd like to try this!
View Quote

I didnt line the basket. The bacon strip went straight into the basket. I did line the baking sheet under the basket with tin foil to catch the grease. Although after reading the instructions it says not to use aluminum foil on anything.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:17:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Parchment paper in the bottom of a baking pan.  Set a wire rack in the pan and lay the bacon on that.  Putting the oven on convection will speed things up.  Like others have said, closely monitor at the end.  Firm to crisp to burnt is pretty quick.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#42]
You could get lost driving down a one way dead end street.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top