Page / 79
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 11:26:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harlikwin] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IL2windhawk:
Yeah i know it.  Enjoying it while it lasts.  Soon only giraffe will work
View Quote

Well at low alt at least yeah, IIRC the RL Cyrano had serious issues being used under 3k feet due to the antenna/sidelobes. But then again, so should alot of DCS radars, but well, its DCS so very few of them actually model it hence you see all the same stupid DCS tactics of flying low, which you'd seldom see IRL. I'm cautiously optimistic about the F4E radar being well modeled, but less optimistic about jester using it. The 23 radar should be well done since the same guy that did the M2k radar and the F15E radar is doing it (these are currently the best modeled radars in DCS), so it should be properly janky, though ironically way more capable than either the Cyrano or the F4E radar. I'm girding my loins to see what ED does with the mig29 radar...

Link Posted: 1/26/2024 8:29:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the F4 is getting really close

DCS: F-4E - First In, Last Out - Wild Weasel Gameplay Trailer & Manual Release - DCS WORLD
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By IL2windhawk:
I think the F4 is getting really close

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSIol57vcEI
View Quote

Yeah leave it to HB to do a SEAD video without using shrikes (prolly cuz ED hasn't coded em)...

NGL a bit disappointed in the RWR as well, looks to be ED "perfect" grade.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Harlikwin:

Yeah leave it to HB to do a SEAD video without using shrikes (prolly cuz ED hasn't coded em)...

NGL a bit disappointed in the RWR as well, looks to be ED "perfect" grade.
View Quote

Think you are right on the first part and yeah the RWRs in DCS are pretty much a joke. I mean, IRL they are pretty good but not even this good and thats coming for IRL experience.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:49:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Heatblur F-4 Flight Manual

This has been out for a few days.  Good reading to fall asleep to
Link Posted: 2/23/2024 12:23:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:01:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#7]
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:51:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Keekleberrys:
I decided to be a guinea pig and ended up getting the simfab dcs base model and set it up last night and just slid it under my ghetto computer desk. its surprisingly well made and made in usa according to the box. detailed instructions. i need to get the keyboard/mouse attachment and a monitor stand so i can have a separate setup than my normal computer.

time will tell but my initial first impression is positive other than the fact that its a really tight fit to the warthog base in a center stick config due to where the slider handle for the seat is but it does fit so its not really a negative, and would be a complete non issue with an stick extension that has the base sit lower.

i plan to get the winwing rudders and f16 hotas to replace my warthog and i think im gonna make the f16 my primary plane.
View Quote
A couple of weeks in, how is this working out?
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Phanter delayed again if anyone doesn't already know

https://store.heatblur.com/blogs/news/of-delays-and-silence
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 4:47:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Keekleberrys] [#10]
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Lots of drama came out today from Razbam - evidently they've ceased updates and bug fixes on all their modules due to (rumor) that ED is not paying them or hasn't paid them in quite awhile.

This seems to explain the delay on the Phantom too - maybe HB feels like ED is going to fuck them too and is refusing to release a super popular module if they're not going to see the money from it.

No idea but this doesn't bode well if true. I really wish this market wasn't so niche and there were other options that used a 2020s engine / graphics / AI. The only other 'real' fighter sim is BMS and while it's awesome, it's also more ancient than DCS and is kept alive by dudes doing it for it fun.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 5:34:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Airborne11B:
Lots of drama came out today from Razbam - evidently they've ceased updates and bug fixes on all their modules due to (rumor) that ED is not paying them or hasn't paid them in quite awhile.

This seems to explain the delay on the Phantom too - maybe HB feels like ED is going to fuck them too and is refusing to release a super popular module if they're not going to see the money from it.

No idea but this doesn't bode well if true. I really wish this market wasn't so niche and there were other options that used a 2020s engine / graphics / AI. The only other 'real' fighter sim is BMS and while it's awesome, it's also more ancient than DCS and is kept alive by dudes doing it for it fun.
View Quote

Yeah its really fucked and its been brewing for a few months. HB was involved too which is AFAIK part of the F4 delay.

In other news the owner of ED Nick Grey just also lost a mil or more on his airshow business and pulled money out of ED to cover it as an interest free loan. So who the fuck really knows.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Yeah its really fucked and its been brewing for a few months. HB was involved too which is AFAIK part of the F4 delay.

In other news the owner of ED Nick Grey just also lost a mil or more on his airshow business and pulled money out of ED to cover it as an interest free loan. So who the fuck really knows.
View Quote
What a fucking shit show.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:
View Quote

Yeah seems like they haven't been paying 3rd parties for a few (8) months. I'm sure its all good tho, just buy the next pre-order...
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 4:59:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lsujim] [#15]

Yeah seems like they haven't been paying 3rd parties for a few (8) months. I'm sure its all good tho, just buy the next pre-order...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:

Now I see why the Afghanistan map has to be bought 3 times.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:14:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By lsujim:

Now I see why the Afghanistan map has to be bought 3 times.
View Quote

Ah yes good ol halfghanistan...
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:06:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Awesome. Just as I get a new job and get funds to pay for a gaming system so I can join you all.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:58:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marmelstien] [#18]
Metal2mesh  seems to be keyed in...IIRC he does 3dscanning and modeling for devs. Attachment Attached File

My guess is ED is so broke they need to keep the 3rd party cut and is trying to say Razbam forfeited theirs for working on a super tucano outside of DCS for the FAE. That sound right?
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:11:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 12:05:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By marmelstien:
Metal2mesh  seems to be keyed in...IIRC he does 3dscanning and modeling for devs. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172529/1000003219_jpg-3179472.JPG

My guess is ED is so broke they need to keep the 3rd party cut and is trying to say Razbam forfeited theirs for working on a super tucano outside of DCS for the FAE. That sound right?
View Quote

Thats what he is saying. And probably there is some truth about it being in part about the Tucano (Which lol, who the fuck even cares about this plane in DCS). Likely what it is, is some sort of contract/IP dispute about it, with ED being pissed about how Razbam went about it, then holding their funds for some breach of contract. Then Ron can't pay his guys, and apparently it hasn't been resolved to anyone's satisfaction and now since the devs haven't been paid for a while they decided to stop work. So no more bug fixes or new features on their modules, which if you know anything about DCS means the modules at some point will be broken enough they don't work with the next patch or the one after that, cuz each patch breaks tons of shit that has to be fixed every month. So potentially 3-4 of the more popular modules stop working in DCS if ED pushes a patch or three out. And the eagle is left half baked, and no mig23. Or alternately ED can't actually push more patches out unless they fix the modules themselves.

Best case is that now its public there is some pressure on ED to resolve whatever their issues with Raz are more quickly. So life might return back to normal. But at this point 3 of the Raz devs have walked, including their radar wizzard, which means Raz is fucked unless they can get him back, and DCS suffers a fair bit if he leaves.

Worst case is Raz closes up shop, and DCS is basically out 4 modules, which do revert to ED but its a real quesiton if they can maintain them. And ED looks like giant dicks. I don't think Raz or ED wants that to happen tho.

The money thing IDK. I've seen tons of speculation about ED being broke, but they are basically giving Nick Grey's other ventures interest free loans so he can go play warbird flyboy and loose millions on his airshows. So I don't think ED is necessarily in dire straits financially. What I think happened is that the eagle released, Raz got some payment for it, but shortly thereafter the Tuco thing blew up and ED basically withheld funds as part of a contract dispute.

So whos the bad guy? We have no idea, just that there is a dispute and its been a shitty time for the Raz employees due to the pay freeze. But ED has a whole shady as fuck history on the "commercial" side of their business and the Tuco thing seems to be related to that.

Link Posted: 4/6/2024 5:15:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Thats what he is saying. And probably there is some truth about it being in part about the Tucano (Which lol, who the fuck even cares about this plane in DCS). Likely what it is, is some sort of contract/IP dispute about it, with ED being pissed about how Razbam went about it, then holding their funds for some breach of contract. Then Ron can't pay his guys, and apparently it hasn't been resolved to anyone's satisfaction and now since the devs haven't been paid for a while they decided to stop work. So no more bug fixes or new features on their modules, which if you know anything about DCS means the modules at some point will be broken enough they don't work with the next patch or the one after that, cuz each patch breaks tons of shit that has to be fixed every month. So potentially 3-4 of the more popular modules stop working in DCS if ED pushes a patch or three out. And the eagle is left half baked, and no mig23. Or alternately ED can't actually push more patches out unless they fix the modules themselves.

Best case is that now its public there is some pressure on ED to resolve whatever their issues with Raz are more quickly. So life might return back to normal. But at this point 3 of the Raz devs have walked, including their radar wizzard, which means Raz is fucked unless they can get him back, and DCS suffers a fair bit if he leaves.

Worst case is Raz closes up shop, and DCS is basically out 4 modules, which do revert to ED but its a real quesiton if they can maintain them. And ED looks like giant dicks. I don't think Raz or ED wants that to happen tho.

The money thing IDK. I've seen tons of speculation about ED being broke, but they are basically giving Nick Grey's other ventures interest free loans so he can go play warbird flyboy and loose millions on his airshows. So I don't think ED is necessarily in dire straits financially. What I think happened is that the eagle released, Raz got some payment for it, but shortly thereafter the Tuco thing blew up and ED basically withheld funds as part of a contract dispute.

So whos the bad guy? We have no idea, just that there is a dispute and its been a shitty time for the Raz employees due to the pay freeze. But ED has a whole shady as fuck history on the "commercial" side of their business and the Tuco thing seems to be related to that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By marmelstien:
Metal2mesh  seems to be keyed in...IIRC he does 3dscanning and modeling for devs. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/172529/1000003219_jpg-3179472.JPG

This is so disappointing. I have all of the Razbam modules and if this continues over half my library will eventually be useless.
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By lsujim:

This is so disappointing. I have all of the Razbam modules and if this continues over half my library will eventually be useless.
View Quote

Well don't get all too doomposting yet, they are working on a solution.
Page / 79
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top