Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2018 2:20:04 PM EDT
Hi fellas.

I need something more substantial than the Juul I've been using, and am going to order a VooPoo Drag 157w. It's been about 5 years since I was in the higher performance mod game, and just used a 1x18650 stick back then. I don't think it was sub-ohm capable. So I would really appreciate some help with the new tanks and coils.

I'm looking for a good tank in the 5-7ml range, 510 connection, that'll do a good balance of flavor and vapor production. I don't want to spend my spare time rebuilding coils or replacing wicks. Is it reasonable to ask for a sub-ohm setup that'll run for a month or two of mid-high use that won't need constant maintenance?

I seriously doubt I'll come near 157w, probably more in the 70-85w range. I'm planning on picking up the Samsung 30Q batteries, but I see some listed at 15a and others at 20a, and they look like the same battery. I am become confuzzled.

Any thoughts on any of this is super appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I got tired of building coils, so I picked up one of these, and hadn't had any issues with it.  It's my night time vape to help cut down on the nic:  SMOK TFV12 Prince
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got tired of building coils, so I picked up one of these, and hadn't had any issues with it.  It's my night time vape to help cut down on the nic:  SMOK TFV12 Prince
View Quote
How long do you go between replacements?
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How long do you go between replacements?
View Quote
I am getting at least 3 or 4 tanks between coil switching, but it's not my primary set up so it isn't getting used all the time.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I've had really bad luck with Smok coil lifespan. Plus their quality control is lacking, you might get a good one or two per package but then the rest are shit.

Been really liking mesh coils lately, specifically the Freemax Fireluke Mesh. The bubble glass tank for a few bucks is ~5-6ml. They also recently came out with a Pro mesh version which is larger.

Several other manufacturers are coming out with mesh coils and they overall seem to last longer than traditional.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Falcon resin is what you seek.  I am getting around a week and half out of a coil and I vape a lot, I could probably go 2 weeks on a m2 coil.  I like the alien mods but, I dislike the smok tanks.

I run it at 55.6 watts, of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ilUEskZCT0&t=352s

https://www.eightvape.com/products/horizon-falcon-tank-resin-edition

I also got the aegis mod shown in the vid in black and red, thing is built like a tank.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#6]
+1 on the Falcon with the M2 mesh coils.   You only need to run it about 35-40 watts so you can get by with a single battery mod if you hate having to carry some huge monstrosity all the time.   I'm getting 2 weeks out of the coils easy.

I recently picked up a Vaporesso Armour pro,  single battery that will run 21700s,  you can get theses in a 4000mah capacity and still be OK with the required amps.   One battery all day,  no problem.

It's a good combo if you are starting from scratch and need batteries too.

Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:34:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks all for the advice. I ordered before most of you replied, so I got the Smok TFV12 with an extra pack of Clapton coils. We'll see how it goes, and I'll share my impressions after some use. Hoping everything should be delivered on Monday.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#8]
I still use an original Uwell Crown, well.. Crown mini but it uses the same coils. Simple, long-lasting, bomb-proof. Very economical now but doesn't have the high tech look of newer stuff.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll use a Crown coil for probably 2-3 weeks, every once in a while there's a dud that's short-lived. The .25 and .5 and I generally don't push the watts too high
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#10]
How long can I keep a tank with juice sitting around?

I got some butterscotch RY4, and fig'd I'd try out my Smok tank. I didn't want to waste the pricey Black Note juice, so I stood it upright and supported in a small sauce holder Tupperware and put the lid on it.

Will it keep a week or two? Will the coils be fine? Any other considerations, like refrigeration?
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 12:33:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Kanthal coils might rust if left too long? It's been ages since I've used those so I'm not sure.

It might leak some and flood some juice through coils
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top