Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2018 3:51:13 PM EDT
At least as far as exposure to the elements goes.
I lost my EDC Streamlight 1AA/1L about last September.
I thought is lost it while working on my car but never did find it in my garage.
So I'm walking my dog around the house this morning, and what do I see sunk down into the dirt?
My light.
Attachment Attached File

Now, we've had several snows, repeated freeze/thaw cycles, and last night we had enough rain that we had flash floods warnings, and then it dropped below freezing and turned to freezing rain about midnight.
I figured I'd have to pull the light apart, clean it out, and maybe I'd be able to get it back working.
Nope.
Picked it up, clicked the switch and on she came!
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Neat.

I've been looking for an EDC light, so I'll have to check one out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Streamlight FTW!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought you said fleshlight.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:04:07 PM EDT
[#4]
That's pretty cool!

Now do it with a Surefire XH35.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:11:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm not sure what a fleshlight torture test would even be, mailing one to a prison?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what a fleshlight torture test would even be, mailing one to THE MIDDLE EAST
View Quote
FIFY

Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:14:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm not sure what a fleshlight torture test would even be, mailing one to a prison?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or a Navy vessel.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Came here for the fleshlight pics
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's pretty cool!

Now do it with a Surefire XH35.  
View Quote
Sure thing!
Just send me one and I'll get on it next September!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#10]
At least it wasn't a fleshlight
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
FIFY

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure what a fleshlight torture test would even be, mailing one to THE MIDDLE EAST
FIFY

I don't see any goat butthole models.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:19:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I lost my surefire LX2 years ago... no idea where.  Ended up buying a P2L to replace it.

About 6 months later at a buddies house, his dog sends a toy under his couch... he went to get it, but then paused and i heard him tear the white materal they put on the bottom of the couch and out came my LX2.
It has fallen out of my pocked and into the insides of the couch (it was one of those couches that eat you when you sit on it).

It was a baby Jesus miracle!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Hahaha same thing happened to my brothers Streamlight Microstream(single AAA) about a year or so ago.  It fell out of his pocket in our woods during a bonfire and made it through fall, winter, spring, and most of the summer before we found it.  Popped the swith like you and it worked just fine. He still has it today as his edc light.

I too love the little things and usually buy 2 or 3 at a time just in case i loose one and they make good stocking stuffers.  Although i think i'm still on my first one.  I've done pretty good.

Surefires for my wmls and Streamlights for my flashlights.  I just hate the activation style of the TRLs.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#14]
My 1L has been dropped off my roof, rod around in my pocket for almost 10 years with all my keys, and I have lost count of how many times I have dropped it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I have had a 1L I edc for around a decade. It's gotten pretty beat up, but still works fine. I recently retired it to back up duty and bought a new light.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Came here for the fleshlight pics
View Quote
Oy vey.
GD never disappoints.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I accidently turned the light off in the attic recently.  While in the dark, I see something... peculiar.  It looked like something glowing in a storage box.  After inspecting the box I found a cheap LED light (similar to yours but cheap China crap).  It must have engaged the clicker some how and turned itself on.

Thing is, I know for a fact that that box hasn't moved since the first of last summer when I put it there.  It's been on almost a full year and it was still pretty bright.

- Cool Starry, Bruh.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
He would NEVER lose his fleshlight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top